Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3, 4, and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
2. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
3. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Communist Party.
4. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are relocated via train.
(c) They are marched westward.
(d) They are released.
5. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They follow a river out of Germany.
(b) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(c) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(d) They receive help from a Greman officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
2. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
3. Who is Eva?
4. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
5. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)