|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
(a) The arrest makes Margolius question the Communist government for the first time.
(b) The arrest makes Margolius regret his friendship with Slánský.
(c) The arrest means Margolius' gets a promotion at work.
(d) The arrest makes Margolius paranoid.
2. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) A democratic one.
(b) An absolute monarchy.
(c) A Communist one.
(d) A Feudalist one.
3. What book does Margolius tell Kovály he has read and enjoyed.
(a) Illusion and Liberty.
(b) Animal Farm.
(c) Men of Clear Conscience.
(d) The Communist Manifesto.
4. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
(a) They play golf together.
(b) They have virtually no connection.
(c) They share an office.
(d) They know each other as teenagers.
5. How does Franz treat Eva at the camp?
(a) He treats her with fatherly concern.
(b) He is physically abusive.
(c) He treats her like a friend.
(d) He is verbally abusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
2. Listening to Margolius on the radio, what does Kovály realize about what he says?
3. As Communism takes hold in Czechoslovakia, what does Kovály note about the confessions issued by arrested individuals?
4. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
5. What happens economically in Czechoslovakia as Communism takes hold?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)