|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
2. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
(a) Plant flowers.
(b) Enjoy the springtime.
(c) Visit the library.
(d) Visit with friends.
3. After recovering from her illness and mourning, what document does Kovály realize she needs in order to arrange her life?
(a) A death certificate.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) Her birth certificate.
(d) A driver's license.
4. Why does Kovály's savings disappear in the spring of 1953?
(a) The Communists empty her bank account.
(b) She is robbed.
(c) Because of a currency devaluation.
(d) She loans the money to friends.
5. What would one have to do in order to buy anything?
(a) File a request with local authorities.
(b) Order via catalogue.
(c) Wait in long lines.
(d) Go to a central city market.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
2. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
3. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
4. After her illness, what does Kovály do to prepare to reenter the outside world?
5. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)