|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the apartment like that Kovály is assigned?
2. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
(a) A banking job.
(b) A farming job.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) A factory job.
3. Who comes to power in 1956?
(a) Alexey Kosygin.
(b) Nikita Khruschchev.
(c) Iosef Stalin.
(d) Nikolai Bulganin.
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Hitler and Stalin.
(b) Lenin and Marx.
(c) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(d) Her God-mother and God-father.
5. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) The local Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
2. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
3. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
4. After the change of power in 1956, what does The Party admit in regards to the confessions of political prisoners?
5. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)