|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(b) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(c) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(d) They follow a river out of Germany.
2. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(b) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
(c) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(d) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
3. Which of the following does not describe the political gatherings Kovály attended with her husband?
4. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
(a) Termination of employment.
(b) Financial ruin.
(c) Official hazing.
(d) Jail time.
5. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By streetcar.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By row boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
2. After the change of power in 1956, what does The Party admit in regards to the confessions of political prisoners?
3. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
4. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
5. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)