|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Iron Curtain falls on Czechoslovakia, what happens to the media?
(a) The media only reports Russian news.
(b) The media disappears.
(c) The media focuses on feel-good stories.
(d) The media becomes controlled by the State.
2. What punishment does Margolius receive for his supposed crimes?
(a) The death penalty.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Ten years hard labor.
(d) A monetary fine.
3. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
(a) They are left to freeze to death.
(b) They are shot.
(c) They are chased by dogs.
(d) They are transported in cars.
4. Who is Rudolf Slánský?
(a) A resistance leader.
(b) A Russian diplomat.
(c) Margolius' underling.
(d) A Communist politician.
5. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Americans.
(c) Nazi Germany.
(d) The Soviets.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
2. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
3. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
4. What work does Pavel Kovály find for Kovály after she loses her work-at-home job?
5. Who is Jan Masaryk?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)