|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
(b) Heart attack.
2. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
3. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
(a) A Nazi officer.
(b) A rabid dog.
(c) A loan shark.
(d) A fire.
4. Who is Eva?
(a) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(b) Kovály's cousin.
(c) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(d) A young and frail camp inmate.
5. What profession does Kovály assume after marrying Pavel?
(a) She becomes a seamstress.
(b) English-language book translation.
(c) She becomes a librarian.
(d) She becomes a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
2. Whose permission does Kovály require in order to obtain the document she needs to arrange her life?
3. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
4. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
5. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)