|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
(a) A great fire destroys much of Prague.
(b) Kovály gives birth to her first child.
(c) Kovály is discovered and taken into custody.
(d) An uprising against the Nazis in Czechoslovakia.
2. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
3. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
(a) It was more successful than it was in Russia.
(b) It was incorruptable.
(c) That is would be no different than it was in Russia.
(d) It would fail within months.
4. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
(a) The Lodz Ghetto.
(b) The Vilna Ghetto.
(c) The Lublin Ghetto.
(d) The Lvóv Ghetto.
5. Why does Kovály's savings disappear in the spring of 1953?
(a) She is robbed.
(b) She loans the money to friends.
(c) Because of a currency devaluation.
(d) The Communists empty her bank account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
2. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
3. Who is Mrs. Machova?
4. When Margolias' trial begins, how long has it been since his arrest?
5. Where do the Koválys move after they marry?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)