|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
(a) When it becomes clear she has no money.
(b) When they find out her husband has been arrested.
(c) When the hospital becomes over-crowded with patients.
(d) After Kovály loses her temper with a nurse.
2. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
(a) For plotting Margolius' escape.
(b) For being unemployed.
(c) For interfering with the investigation of Margolius' crimes.
(d) For conspiring with him.
3. Who is Merenka?
(a) A Communist Party spy.
(b) The Margolius' next-door neighbor.
(c) Ivan's teacher.
(d) The Margolius' live-in assistant.
4. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
(a) The Vilna Ghetto.
(b) The Lublin Ghetto.
(c) The Lodz Ghetto.
(d) The Lvóv Ghetto.
5. After her illness, what does Kovály do to prepare to reenter the outside world?
(a) Kovály dyes her clothing black.
(b) Kovály learns to speak Russian.
(c) Kovály devotes herself to Communism.
(d) Kovály writes letters to long-lost friends and family.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Margolius is arrested, about how many other citizens had been arrested?
2. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
3. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
4. After the change of power in 1956, what does The Party admit in regards to the confessions of political prisoners?
5. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)