|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) An absolute monarchy.
(b) A democratic one.
(c) A Feudalist one.
(d) A Communist one.
2. Who comes to power in 1956?
(a) Alexey Kosygin.
(b) Nikita Khruschchev.
(c) Iosef Stalin.
(d) Nikolai Bulganin.
3. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
4. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
(b) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(c) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(d) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
5. As Communism takes hold in Czechoslovakia, what does Kovály note about the confessions issued by arrested individuals?
(a) They are sarcastic.
(b) They are full of Party verbiage.
(c) They are read in Russian.
(d) They are heart-wrenching
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Franz?
2. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
3. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
5. After the power change in 1956, what do soviet satellite nations begin to do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)