|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) To the Soviet Union.
(b) A better part of Prague.
(c) To America.
(d) To Ostrava.
2. For how many months is Kovály hidden by the resistance?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Five months.
3. What is the meaning of the 'S' stamped on Margolius' case file?
(a) That his arrest relates to state security.
(b) It indicates that the Soviet Union requested his arrest.
(c) It indicates that he is Jewish.
(d) His arrest is associated with Slánský's arrest.
4. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
5. Who is Merenka?
(a) The Margolius' live-in assistant.
(b) The Margolius' next-door neighbor.
(c) Ivan's teacher.
(d) A Communist Party spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
2. How do Kovály's friends begin to treat her after Margolius accepts his high-ranking government job?
3. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
4. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
5. Who hides some of Kovály's items in her building's basement?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)