|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
2. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Hitler and Stalin.
(b) Her God-mother and God-father.
(c) Lenin and Marx.
(d) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
3. How does Kovály describe the atmosphere in Prague by the middle of 1951?
(a) As peaceful and calm.
(b) As having an air of freedom.
(c) As unnerving.
(d) As hostile as it had been during the Nazi occupation.
4. What is Pavel Kovály said to have had no interest in?
(a) Czech independence.
(b) Making money.
(c) Party politics.
(d) Other people.
5. What punishment does Margolius receive for his supposed crimes?
(a) A monetary fine.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Ten years hard labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
2. During the summer of 1953, Kovály volunteers to help with what?
3. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
4. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
5. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)