|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After recovering from her illness and mourning, what document does Kovály realize she needs in order to arrange her life?
(a) A death certificate.
(b) A driver's license.
(c) Her husband's will.
(d) Her birth certificate.
2. Who comes to power in 1956?
(a) Nikita Khruschchev.
(b) Alexey Kosygin.
(c) Nikolai Bulganin.
(d) Iosef Stalin.
3. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
(a) When the hospital becomes over-crowded with patients.
(b) After Kovály loses her temper with a nurse.
(c) When they find out her husband has been arrested.
(d) When it becomes clear she has no money.
4. Who is Rudolf Slánský?
(a) A Communist politician.
(b) A Russian diplomat.
(c) A resistance leader.
(d) Margolius' underling.
5. Who is Dr. Bartos?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A pediatrician.
(c) A psychologist
(d) A surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the apartment like that Kovály is assigned?
2. What would one have to do in order to buy anything?
3. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
4. As the Iron Curtain falls on Czechoslovakia, what happens to the media?
5. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)