|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
(a) It would fail within months.
(b) It was incorruptable.
(c) That is would be no different than it was in Russia.
(d) It was more successful than it was in Russia.
2. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
(a) About one month.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. By the time Margolius is arrested, about how many other citizens had been arrested?
(a) Seven hundred.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
4. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) The local Rabbi.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Rudolf Margolius.
5. After her husband's death, for what does Kovály fear she would be arrested?
(a) For conspiring with him.
(b) For being unemployed.
(c) For plotting Margolius' escape.
(d) For interfering with the investigation of Margolius' crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
2. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
3. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
4. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
5. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)