|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 15, 16, and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
(a) It was more successful than it was in Russia.
(b) It was incorruptable.
(c) It would fail within months.
(d) That is would be no different than it was in Russia.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
3. After her illness, what does Kovály do to prepare to reenter the outside world?
(a) Kovály learns to speak Russian.
(b) Kovály dyes her clothing black.
(c) Kovály devotes herself to Communism.
(d) Kovály writes letters to long-lost friends and family.
4. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are fined.
(c) They are ostracized.
(d) They are imprisoned.
5. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
(c) A young Jewish woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
2. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
3. What word does Kovály use to describe Pavel Kovály?
4. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
5. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)