|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
(a) He falls into a coma and dies.
(b) He is imprisoned by the Nazis.
(c) He is thrown a surprise party.
(d) He escapes from the ghetto.
2. Who is Franz?
(a) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
(b) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
(c) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
(d) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
3. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
(a) Mrs. Machova.
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Lenin and Marx.
(b) Her God-mother and God-father.
(c) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(d) Hitler and Stalin.
5. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reality of the Russian government?
2. What happens to Kovály's mother on arrival at the concentration camp?
3. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
4. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
5. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)