|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(b) Her God-mother and God-father.
(c) Hitler and Stalin.
(d) Lenin and Marx.
2. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
(a) It is partially dismantled.
(b) It is burned.
(c) It is disguised as a factory.
(d) It is fortified.
3. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Soviets.
(d) Nazi Germany.
4. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
(b) Roman Catholics.
5. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Writing to friends abroad.
(c) Studying art.
(d) Reading magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eva?
2. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
5. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)