|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
(a) A great fire destroys much of Prague.
(b) Kovály is discovered and taken into custody.
(c) Kovály gives birth to her first child.
(d) An uprising against the Nazis in Czechoslovakia.
2. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) A Feudalist one.
(b) A democratic one.
(c) A Communist one.
(d) An absolute monarchy.
3. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
(a) Children playing.
(b) A dead SS Soldier.
(c) Nazi propaganda posters being torn down.
(d) Flowers in bloom.
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
(a) The Chinese army.
(b) The British army.
(c) The Russian army.
(d) The American army.
5. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) A physician.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country is Kovály born?
2. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
3. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
4. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
5. What is the reality of the Russian government?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)