|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surviving the initial selection at Auschwitz, Kovály is assigned what work?
(a) Cleaning duties.
(b) Drafting of maps.
(c) Food preparation.
(d) Physical labor.
2. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(b) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(c) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(d) They follow a river out of Germany.
3. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
(d) The Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.
4. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) An execution.
(b) Exercise sessions.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Long roll calls.
5. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
(a) Reading magazines.
(b) Studying art.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Writing to friends abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's group momentarily pleads with the others to go back?
2. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
3. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
5. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)