|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Her God-mother and God-father.
(b) Lenin and Marx.
(c) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(d) Hitler and Stalin.
2. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
3. What group does Margolius join after the war?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) Civic Democratic Party.
(c) The Workers Party.
(d) Politika 21.
4. What supply is said to be scarce and often withheld from the people in the camp?
(b) Toilet paper.
5. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
2. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
3. Who is Eva?
4. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
5. Who moves into Kovály's apartment with her?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)