|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Franz treat Eva at the camp?
(a) He is physically abusive.
(b) He treats her like a friend.
(c) He treats her with fatherly concern.
(d) He is verbally abusive.
2. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(b) A rabbi.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) Mrs. Machova.
3. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
4. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
(a) They search public records to identify returnees eligible for free housing.
(b) They are incapable of dealing with the confusion.
(c) They embrace the return.
(d) They build road blocks.
5. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
(a) The American army.
(b) The British army.
(c) The Chinese army.
(d) The Russian army.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
2. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
3. In which country is Kovály born?
4. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
5. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)