|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Writing to friends abroad.
(c) Reading magazines.
(d) Studying art.
2. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
(a) He is imprisoned by the Nazis.
(b) He escapes from the ghetto.
(c) He is thrown a surprise party.
(d) He falls into a coma and dies.
3. What happens in Prague on May 5th, 1945?
(a) An uprising against the Nazis in Czechoslovakia.
(b) A great fire destroys much of Prague.
(c) Kovály is discovered and taken into custody.
(d) Kovály gives birth to her first child.
4. What form of government does Franta want Czechoslovakia to have?
(a) A democratic one.
(b) An absolute monarchy.
(c) A Feudalist one.
(d) A Communist one.
5. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
(a) Her God parents.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A group of girls around her age.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
3. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
4. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
5. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)