|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
(b) Pawn their possessions.
(c) Take all their money from the banks.
(d) Loot and riot.
2. In which country is Kovály born?
3. How does Kovály get herself an apartment after the end of the war?
(a) She moves into the housing authority's offices.
(b) She waits patiently until one comes available.
(c) She is awarded it in a lottery.
(d) She lies about her identity.
4. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
(b) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(c) For taking some of her money.
(d) For turning her away when she needs help.
5. Who is Eva?
(a) A young and frail camp inmate.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) Kovály's cousin.
(d) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
2. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
3. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
4. Following the end of the war, how do the Prague civil authorities handle the return of concentration camp prisoners?
5. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)