|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reality of the Russian government?
(a) It rules fairly.
(b) It rules prosperously.
(c) It has no real power.
(d) It rules with terror.
2. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
(a) Pawn their possessions.
(b) Loot and riot.
(d) Take all their money from the banks.
3. On one occasion, Kovály discovers the body of an acquaintance covered with what?
4. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
(d) Mrs. Machova.
5. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They follow a river out of Germany.
(b) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(c) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(d) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
2. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
3. What does Kovály see while walking by a river that brings the war to a personal conclusion?
4. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
5. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)