|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) Nazi Germany.
(c) The Soviets.
(d) The Americans.
2. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
(a) Her aunt.
(c) Rudolf Margolius.
(d) The local Rabbi.
3. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
(b) A bank account number.
(c) A prayer.
(d) Directions for avoiding the Gestapo.
4. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They follow a river out of Germany.
(b) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(c) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(d) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
5. Who is Eva?
(a) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(b) A young and frail camp inmate.
(c) Kovály's cousin.
(d) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose hometown does the escape party dissolve?
2. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
3. To help haul ammunition, Kovály disguises herself as what?
4. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
5. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)