|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
(a) She is under house arrest.
(b) The party refuses to let her.
(c) There is a housing shortage in Prague.
(d) She cannot afford the moving fees.
2. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
3. What happens to Kovály's cousin days after she rescues him?
(a) He is thrown a surprise party.
(b) He escapes from the ghetto.
(c) He is imprisoned by the Nazis.
(d) He falls into a coma and dies.
4. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
(a) They are being watched and followed.
(b) They are running out of money.
(c) They are being gossiped about by neighbors.
(d) They are growing apart.
5. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) A factory job.
(c) A farming job.
(d) A banking job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
2. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
3. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
4. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
5. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)