|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Kovály an apartment where she can stay?
(a) Rudolf Margolius.
(b) Mrs. Machova.
(d) A rabbi.
2. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(b) For turning her away when she needs help.
(c) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
(d) For taking some of her money.
3. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
(a) Her God parents.
(b) Her family.
(c) A group of girls around her age.
(d) An elderly woman.
4. In which country is Kovály born?
5. Which area does the escaped women enter after leaving Nazi Germany?
(a) The Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
2. Which army reaches Prague in May 1945?
3. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
4. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
5. What does Kovály notice about nearly all the people arrested by the government?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)