|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
(a) Writing to friends abroad.
(b) Reading magazines.
(c) Studying art.
(d) Listening to the radio.
2. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are marched westward.
(b) They are relocated via train.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are released.
3. With what do workdays in the camp typically begin and end?
(a) An execution.
(b) Exercise sessions.
(c) Coffee and donuts.
(d) Long roll calls.
4. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
(a) To the Soviet Union.
(b) To America.
(c) A better part of Prague.
(d) To Ostrava.
5. How is Margolius personally impacted by Slánský's arrest?
(a) The arrest makes Margolius regret his friendship with Slánský.
(b) The arrest means Margolius' gets a promotion at work.
(c) The arrest makes Margolius paranoid.
(d) The arrest makes Margolius question the Communist government for the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the living conditions in the ghetto?
2. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
3. What would one have to do in order to buy anything?
4. This is the only Jewish person Kovály knew before the war who returns to Prague?
5. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)