|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
(a) Directions for avoiding the Gestapo.
(b) A bank account number.
(d) A prayer.
2. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
(a) Enjoy the springtime.
(b) Plant flowers.
(c) Visit with friends.
(d) Visit the library.
3. In the ghetto where she is taken, Kovály assists a person of which profession?
(a) An artist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A physician.
(d) A teacher.
4. Without work to do, what is said that people do all day?
(a) Argue about politics.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Volunteer work.
5. What position for a publisher does Kovály secure for herself in 1946?
(a) Production artist.
(d) Art editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is favored by Communist propaganda?
2. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
3. While living in the ghetto, from what does Kovály rescue her invalid cousin?
4. Which of the following does not describe the political gatherings Kovály attended with her husband?
5. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)