|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Communism takes hold in Czechoslovakia, what does Kovály note about the confessions issued by arrested individuals?
(a) They are heart-wrenching
(b) They are read in Russian.
(c) They are full of Party verbiage.
(d) They are sarcastic.
2. Who is Eva?
(a) A young and frail camp inmate.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) Kovály's cousin.
(d) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
3. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
4. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
(c) Roman Catholics.
5. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(b) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(c) They follow a river out of Germany.
(d) They hide in the back of an army truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
2. In what year is the ghetto liquidated?
3. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Kovály when she arrives at the camp?
5. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)