|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
(a) She is visited by a former classmate.
(b) She collapses with a fever.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She is sent new clothes and a small amount of money.
2. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
3. For what does Franta seek forgiveness from Kovály?
(a) For turning her in to the Gestapo.
(b) For turning her away when she needs help.
(c) For not being able to get her an apartment.
(d) For taking some of her money.
4. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
(a) By streetcar.
(b) By row boat.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By taxi.
5. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
(a) Political discussions.
(b) Her son.
(c) The outside world.
(d) Her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
2. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
3. Who suggests to Kovály that her apartment might be bugged?
4. What is the reality of the Russian government?
5. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)