|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jan Masaryk?
(a) Margolius' assistant.
(b) Regional Party Secretary.
(c) The Foreign Minister.
(d) Deputy Minister of National Defense.
2. How is Russia portrayed to the Czech people?
(a) A paradise.
(b) As a failure.
(c) As tumultuous.
(d) As stable.
3. How is Margolius associated with Rudolf Slánský?
(a) They share an office.
(b) They play golf together.
(c) They have virtually no connection.
(d) They know each other as teenagers.
4. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are ostracized.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are fined.
(d) They are imprisoned.
5. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
(a) Mrs. Machova.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
2. What position does Margolius secure in the government?
3. Who is Franz?
4. What happens to the national borders as 1948 end?
5. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)