|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
(a) News about job opportunities abroad.
(b) News about political corruption in the city.
(c) News of some friends or family members' war-time demise.
(d) News about family members who survive the war.
2. How is Kovály able to communicate with Margolius after his arrest?
(a) Over weekly telephone calls.
(b) Once a month, via a letter.
(c) Via a monthly telegram.
(d) By visiting him every other day.
3. What is the most appealing form of government for the majority of Czechs following the war?
4. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
(a) St. Wenceslas Square.
(b) The Lesser Quarter.
(c) The Old New Synagogue.
(d) The Písek Gate.
5. Faced with a bad economy, what do people do a few months before the end of the war?
(a) Pawn their possessions.
(b) Take all their money from the banks.
(d) Loot and riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
2. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
3. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
4. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
5. Why is Kovály unable to move into a cheaper apartment after Margolius' arrest?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)