|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1941, with whom does Kovály live in the ghetto where she is taken?
(a) A group of girls around her age.
(b) Her family.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) Her God parents.
2. Who is Dr. Bartos?
(a) A pediatrician.
(b) A psychologist
(c) An attorney.
(d) A surgeon.
3. Which of Kovály's friends also returns with Franta?
(d) Mrs. Machova.
4. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A country inn.
(b) A barn.
(c) A train station.
(d) A farmer's field.
5. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The local resistance.
(b) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(c) The housing authority.
(d) The Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Kovály's neighbors treat her after Margolius' arrest?
2. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály spend a lot of her time doing?
3. Which army reaches Prague in May 1945?
4. How is Kovály able to communicate with Margolius after his arrest?
5. While party officials publicly extol the virtues of proletariat work, what is going on in secret among government officials?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)