|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margolius accept a high-ranking government job?
(a) He is forced to do so.
(b) So that he will have more power to make changes.
(c) To get a pay raise.
(d) To impress his neighbors.
2. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Americans.
(d) Nazi Germany.
3. What is the meaning of the 'S' stamped on Margolius' case file?
(a) It indicates that the Soviet Union requested his arrest.
(b) His arrest is associated with Slánský's arrest.
(c) That his arrest relates to state security.
(d) It indicates that he is Jewish.
4. What group of people does Kovály say many industrialists think comprise the workforces during the war?
(a) Child workers.
(b) Convicted criminals.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) The elderly and destitute.
5. To which camp is Kovály and her family sent when their ghetto is liquidated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police seize from the Margolius' apartment?
2. What does Kovály notice is happening to her family in January 1952?
3. During her time in hiding, what does Kovály wish she could go outside to do?
4. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
5. Who is Eva?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)