|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
(a) The Lesser Quarter.
(b) The Písek Gate.
(c) St. Wenceslas Square.
(d) The Old New Synagogue.
2. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
(a) Financial support.
(b) A bed.
(d) A shopping spree.
3. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
(a) A barn.
(b) A country inn.
(c) A farmer's field.
(d) A train station.
4. What happens to the national borders as 1948 end?
(a) The borders are reopened.
(b) The borders are closed.
(c) The Soviet Union stations their armies at the borders.
(d) The borders are extended.
5. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
(a) At a courthouse.
(b) At the Communist Party headquarters.
(c) At a prison.
(d) At their apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margolius beg Kovály to do during their last meeting?
2. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
3. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
4. What name does Kovály give her first child?
5. Who is Jan Masaryk?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)