|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eva?
(a) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(b) A young and frail camp inmate.
(c) Kovály's cousin.
(d) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
2. How does Marenka secure hospitalization for Kovály?
(a) Marenka pays for the treatment.
(b) Marenka causes a public scene.
(c) Marenka's sister works at the hospital.
(d) Marenka bribes a doctor.
3. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
(a) Having a family.
(b) Fighting for democracy.
(c) Emigrating to America.
(d) Rebuilding Prague.
4. How old is Margolius when Kovály sees him last?
5. While party officials publicly extol the virtues of proletariat work, what is going on in secret among government officials?
(a) Widespread corruption.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Military lotting to declare war on the Soviet Union.
(d) Planning to create job opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Franz treat Eva at the camp?
2. How does Margolius feel about his work for the Communist Party?
3. What does Margolius beg Kovály to do during their last meeting?
4. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
5. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)