|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(b) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(c) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(d) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
2. Where does Kovály realize some important Communist officers live?
(a) Next door to her family.
(b) In luxury apartments.
(c) In former Jewish neighborhoods.
(d) In the poorest Prague neighborhoods.
3. What happens to many smaller companies as 1948 comes to an end?
(a) They are collectivized.
(b) They are shut-down.
(c) They were nationalized.
(d) They are unionized.
4. How old is Margolius when Kovály sees him last?
5. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
(a) A stomach ulcer.
(b) An intense pain.
(c) A chronic cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
2. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
3. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
4. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
5. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)