|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(b) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(c) They follow a river out of Germany.
(d) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
2. What is one reason Ivan is sent to stay in the country occasionally?
(a) To study at a prestigious school.
(b) To put on weight.
(c) To recover from tuberculosis.
(d) To avoid the dangers of the city.
3. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are ostracized.
(b) They are fined.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are executed.
4. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
(a) It is fortified.
(b) It is disguised as a factory.
(c) It is partially dismantled.
(d) It is burned.
5. Where does Kovály find a job in order to support herself and Ivan?
(a) At a dairy.
(b) At a nursery school.
(c) At a print shop.
(d) At a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
2. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
3. In what year does Kovály's have a baby?
4. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
5. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)