|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eva?
(a) Kovály's cousin.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) A young and frail camp inmate.
(d) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
2. What news arrives for Kovály almost daily after the war?
(a) News about political corruption in the city.
(b) News about family members who survive the war.
(c) News about job opportunities abroad.
(d) News of some friends or family members' war-time demise.
3. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The local resistance.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
(d) The housing authority.
4. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
5. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
2. What is clear about Communism in Czechoslovakia by the end of 1949?
3. Who is Jan Masaryk?
4. Who is Mrs. Machova?
5. After her illness, what does Kovály do to prepare to reenter the outside world?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)