|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Kovály develop as a result of her poor living and work conditions?
(a) A chronic cough.
(b) An intense pain.
(d) A stomach ulcer.
2. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
(a) When they find out her husband has been arrested.
(b) When the hospital becomes over-crowded with patients.
(c) After Kovály loses her temper with a nurse.
(d) When it becomes clear she has no money.
3. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
(a) It is burned.
(b) It is partially dismantled.
(c) It is fortified.
(d) It is disguised as a factory.
4. What does Kovály want to focus on besides getting involved with the Communist Party?
(a) Rebuilding Prague.
(b) Having a family.
(c) Emigrating to America.
(d) Fighting for democracy.
5. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
(a) The outside world.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Political discussions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Machova?
2. How long is Kovály bedridden with illness after her last meeting with Margolius?
3. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
4. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
5. Where does Kovály realize some important Communist officers live?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)