|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are fined.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are ostracized.
2. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
(a) They notify the Gestapo of her return.
(b) They are gone.
(c) They are terrified of being seen with her.
(d) They pool their money and prepare a place for her to stay.
3. Who is Eva?
(a) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(b) A young and frail camp inmate.
(c) Kovály's cousin.
(d) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
4. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(b) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(c) They hide in the back of an army truck.
(d) They follow a river out of Germany.
5. Where does Kovály see a mass demonstration in 1948?
(a) The Lesser Quarter.
(b) The Old New Synagogue.
(c) St. Wenceslas Square.
(d) The Písek Gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
2. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
3. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
4. What punishment does Margolius receive for his supposed crimes?
5. By the time Margolius is arrested, about how many other citizens had been arrested?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)