|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(b) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(c) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(d) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
2. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
(a) Financial support.
(b) A shopping spree.
(d) A bed.
3. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are ostracized.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are fined.
4. To what kind of job does an old friend in the country urge Margolius to turn?
(a) A factory job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) A farming job.
(d) A banking job.
5. Which group does Kovály contact after receiving the note from Ruda?
(a) The housing authority.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The local resistance.
(d) The Czech Union of Jewish Students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kovály have her last meeting with Margolius?
2. After wandering Prague looking for help, where does Kovály find herself doubting her faith in God?
3. What happens to the national borders as 1948 end?
4. In what year does Kovály's have a baby?
5. Who is Franz?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)