|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kovály find out about her friends when she returns to Prague?
(a) They are terrified of being seen with her.
(b) They are gone.
(c) They pool their money and prepare a place for her to stay.
(d) They notify the Gestapo of her return.
2. At the hospital, with what is Kovály eventually diagnosed?
(b) A kidney stone.
3. Who is Franz?
(a) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
(b) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
(c) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
(d) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
4. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
(a) A prayer.
(b) Directions for avoiding the Gestapo.
(d) A bank account number.
5. What punishment does Margolius receive for his supposed crimes?
(a) A monetary fine.
(b) Ten years hard labor.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) Life in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
2. What happens to people who cannot keep up as the camp was evacuated?
3. Which of the following does not describe the political gatherings Kovály attended with her husband?
4. While attempting to escape, which of Kovály's acquaintances is shot?
5. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)