|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his trial, to what crime does Margolius confess?
2. When Margolias' trial begins, how long has it been since his arrest?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Fifteen months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Three months.
3. What book does Margolius tell Kovály he has read and enjoyed.
(a) Illusion and Liberty.
(b) The Communist Manifesto.
(c) Men of Clear Conscience.
(d) Animal Farm.
4. While party officials publicly extol the virtues of proletariat work, what is going on in secret among government officials?
(a) Widespread corruption.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Planning to create job opportunities.
(d) Military lotting to declare war on the Soviet Union.
5. How does Kovály travel to Prague after reaching the outskirts of the city?
(a) By row boat.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By streetcar.
(d) By bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
2. Who is Mrs. Machova?
3. What happens to Kovály's camp as the allied forces advance upon it?
4. Which of the following does the owner of the publishers NOT instruct Kovály about?
5. How old is Margolius when Kovály sees him last?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)