|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
(a) Official hazing.
(b) Jail time.
(c) Termination of employment.
(d) Financial ruin.
2. Which army is said to be advancing westward in late 1944?
(a) The Russian army.
(b) The Chinese army.
(c) The British army.
(d) The American army.
3. Who else becomes seriously ill while Kovály recovers from her illness?
4. Who is Mrs. Machova?
(a) Ivan Kovály's teacher.
(b) Kovály's disapproving neighbor.
(c) Kovály's housekeeper.
(d) A friend who looks after Kovály's son.
5. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
(a) Wearing unfashionable clothing.
(b) Overhearing political discussions.
(c) Anything that could be construed as disloyal to the party.
(d) Leaving their houses after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kovály find a job in order to support herself and Ivan?
2. Where does Kovály realize some important Communist officers live?
3. After returning to Prague, Kovály receives a note from Ruda that contains what?
4. At what point does the staff at the hospital Kovály is admitted to stop giving her good treatment?
5. How do many people believe Masaryk dies?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)