|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bartos able to do in order to help Kovály?
(a) Bartos gets Margolius released from custody to visit his family.
(b) Bartos finds Kovály employment.
(c) Bartos gives Kovály access to her savings accounts.
(d) Bartos arranges a new apartment for Kovály.
2. What happens to the people who are staying in Auschwitz as the allied forces advance?
(a) They are relocated via train.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are released.
(d) They are marched westward.
3. How are the escaped women able to cross the border out of Nazi Germany?
(a) They follow a river out of Germany.
(b) They sneak across a border checkpoint.
(c) They receive help from a Greman officer.
(d) They hide in the back of an army truck.
4. Who is Franz?
(a) A Nazi guard who occasionally lets prisoners escape.
(b) A Nazi guard who gives food to the camp inmates.
(c) A man Kovály knows from her old neighborhood.
(d) A Nazi guard who often acts as executioner.
5. What do people begin offering Kovály after Margolius accepts a high-ranking government job?
(d) Employment opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Margolius family move after Rudolf accepts his high-ranking government job?
2. After finding a place to stay, what immediately happens to Kovály?
3. In 1947 and early 1948, from what does Kovály isolate herself?
4. What do most of Kovály's friends offer her when she visits?
5. Kovály discovers that the politicians wives are afraid of doing what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)