|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to people in Prague who harbor fugitives?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are ostracized.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are fined.
2. Which of Kovály's friends promises absolute assistance under any circumstance?
3. Who is Eva?
(a) A camp inmate who is shot for stealing food.
(b) A Jewish nurse who looks after the inmates.
(c) A young and frail camp inmate.
(d) Kovály's cousin.
4. Which of the following does not describe the political gatherings Kovály attended with her husband?
5. How does Marenka secure hospitalization for Kovály?
(a) Marenka pays for the treatment.
(b) Marenka bribes a doctor.
(c) Marenka's sister works at the hospital.
(d) Marenka causes a public scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the camp inmates staying when Kovály and her acquaintances decide to escape?
2. Who is Mrs. Machova?
3. How does Margolius feel about his work for the Communist Party?
4. To what are the families of arrested individuals subjected?
5. Months after Margolius' arrest, why does the Communist Party send a team to Kovály's apartment?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)