1 and 2
1. At the beginning of the book, who does Kovály name as individuals who help shape her life?
(a) Lenin and Marx.
(b) Rudolf Margolias and Pavel Kovály.
(c) Hitler and Stalin.
(d) Her God-mother and God-father.
2. In which country is Kovály born?
3. In which city does Kovály grow up?
4. In 1941, who occupies Kovály's home city?
(a) Nazi Germany.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Soviets.
5. What is Kovály's ethnic background?
6. In addition to Jews, what other group in Kovály's home city are forcibly evacuated from the city?
(a) Roman Catholics.
7. In 1941, to which ghetto is Kovály and her family taken?
(a) The Vilna Ghetto.
(b) The Lodz Ghetto.
(c) The Lublin Ghetto.
(d) The Lvóv Ghetto.
8. In which country is the ghetto that Kovály and her family are taken located?
This section contains 4,554 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)