1 and 2
* Kovály lives in Nazi-occupied Prague in 1941.
* In October 1941 Jews and Roma people are removed from Prague and placed in the Lodz Ghetto in Poland.
* While in the ghetto Kovály accompanies a Jewish doctor on his rounds.
* Kovály recalls scenes of violence and starvation in the ghetto.
* Kovály rescues her cousin from a fire but he dies days later.
* The Lotz ghetto is liquidated and the residents are sent to concentration camps.
* Kovály and her family are sent to Auschwitz.
* Kovály becomes a slave laborer, working long hours in factories.
* Food and clothing are scare at Auschwitz.
* Kovály recalls feeling hoplessness and crushing despair at Auschwitz.
3, 4, and 5
* The Russian army, advancing westward, forces the Nazi's to evacuate the camp, and the inmates are marched westward.
* In the middle of the march Kovály and a few other women escape.
* The four...
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)