Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
1 and 2 Abstract
* Kovály lives in Nazi-occupied Prague in 1941.
* In October 1941 Jews and Roma people are removed from Prague and placed in the Lodz Ghetto in Poland.
* While in the ghetto Kovály accompanies a Jewish doctor on his rounds.
* Kovály recalls scenes of violence and starvation in the ghetto.
* Kovály rescues her cousin...
This section contains 1,549 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)