|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson claims that when a husband and wife where _____ of each other, it was best to see them together.
2. The therapist's intent is to be what to the marriage and to each of the partners in it?
3. Erickson is _____ if a husband goes so far as to show up to set the therapist straight on some ways that the therapist has been wrong.
4. Erickson believes that normally, the problem extends beyond the substance abuser and what is needed is actually a change of what?
(a) Habituated behavior.
5. Where was the man from whom Erickson helped to walk in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. In one case in Chapter 7, Erickson deals with a woman who feels what sensation in the bedroom?
2. The case studies in Chapter 6 show that there do not seem to be any __________ of Erickson's use of amnesia.
3. Erickson's use of hypnosis is shown through these case studies to be ______.
4. The case study in Chapter 8 of the girl with body issues concludes showing this young woman succeeds in marrying but not without a conflict about whether to do what regarding her mother?
5. In one example in Chapter 8, a girl's _______ needed improvement, and she needed to lose a lot of weight.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Erickson's methods differ than those of the 19th century?
2. What does Erickson focus on with new mothers facing post-partum depression?
3. What does Erickson say regarding becoming grandparents in the life cycle?
4. Describe the case in Chapter 6 in which the mother is ultimately left out following post-partum depression.
5. According to Erickson, what affects a person's happiness in approaching old age?
6. How does Haley describe Erickson asserting his masculinity as a doctor in Chapter 7?
7. What is the standard method Erickson has for accepting clients?
8. How does Erickson use not siding with one family member as a technique?
9. What does Haley write regarding post-partum depression in Chapter 6?
10. What does Haley say of children leaving the nest in Chapter 8?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)