Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson would use his position to effect a beneficial ______ that leaves the couple reoriented into their new and improved dynamic and empowers them to go back to leaving out the therapist.
2. The suggestion of Erickson's in Chapter 6 is that he takes what action to protect the over-all wellbeing of the mind of the patient?
(c) Reverse psychology.
(d) Abrasive behavior.
3. Erickson accepted a client, a young woman who was living with her parents at an age when many other people's children had left home. She had been in a car accident and after recovering had undergone months of what?
(a) Extensive therapy.
(d) Physical therapy.
4. The first example Haley gives in Chapter 9 involves a man with an intense fear of what?
5. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
(a) Post-partum depression.
(b) Manic depression.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson worked to encourage a girl in Chapter 8 to voice her criticisms of her mother and re-work her perception of her father's behaviors, which included some incorrect perceptions regarding the parents' _______ .
2. One example in Chapter 8 is a case where a teenager is _______ because she relates the fact that her mother has been having an affair with a local wealthy man.
3. In what year was the book published?
4. One case in Chapter 6 was about how the therapist helped a mother to re-establish her authority with her son. How old was the child?
5. Chapter 9 deals with what aspect of life?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)