|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the case of the child with the sore, Erickson took personal responsibility to mimic addressing what that should have been covered by the parents?
(a) His fears of neglect.
(b) His sexuality.
(c) His fear of abandonment.
(d) An educational concern.
2. Knowledge of Erickson's inaccurate perceptions of the husband has been intentionally sent home through whom/what?
(a) The children.
(b) The therapist.
(c) The booklets.
(d) The wife.
3. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Manic depression.
(d) Post-partum depression.
4. Haley cites one of Erickson's cases in Chapter 6 where the mother who sought treatment was ultimately what?
(a) Faced with adoption.
(b) Left out.
5. One example in Chapter 8 is a case where a teenager is _______ because she relates the fact that her mother has been having an affair with a local wealthy man.
(a) Sent to boarding school.
(b) Sent to live with her grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first example Haley gives in Chapter 9 involves a man with an intense fear of what?
2. For those who glorify ______, older years may have a more difficult psychological impact.
3. There are numerous cases referred to in Chapter 6. One is about a sore that festered for how long?
4. Erickson worked to encourage a girl in Chapter 8 to voice her criticisms of her mother and re-work her perception of her father's behaviors, which included some incorrect perceptions regarding the parents' _______ .
5. Haley states in Chapter 8 that great dramas are enacted when the dynamic between the parents has grown ______ in any way on their relationships with the offspring.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)