|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The therapists of the 19th-century noticed that there was something deeper going on; here Mesmer and ____ are used as examples
2. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
(b) Manic depression.
(c) Post-partum depression.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
3. Who is the patient Mesmer took in Chapter 8?
(a) Miss Chatworth.
(b) Miss Paradis.
(c) Miss Sarah.
(d) Miss Duonet.
4. Erickson feels that when the circumstances of a patient need to be changed, it is wrong to prevent healthy growth by substituting ______ for good therapy.
(a) Family treatment.
(c) Self-help books.
(d) Friendly advice.
5. What is often an integral part of Erickson's treatment plan?
(a) Childhood memory.
(b) Physical exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. The case study in Chapter 8 involving the girl with body issues follows the therapist's instructions to for the daughter to insist upon ______ from the mother as the condition for the presence.
2. Solving problems associated with alcohol, prescription tranquilizer, and illegal drug use are all included in what chapter?
3. The suggestion of Erickson's in Chapter 6 is that he takes what action to protect the over-all wellbeing of the mind of the patient?
4. The elderly man in Chapter 9 is first roused from nearly a full year in bed by being _______ by his therapist.
5. The therapist's intent is to be what to the marriage and to each of the partners in it?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)