|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson believes that normally, the problem extends beyond the substance abuser and what is needed is actually a change of what?
(b) Habituated behavior.
2. The husband who threatens to kill his wife about the gender of their child is of what occupation?
3. In what year was the book published?
4. The book ends with the wife of the man who had a stroke contacting Erickson after how long, with a request for a new set of therapeutic treatments?
(a) A decade.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. Erickson notes that long-term therapy of only one partner in a marriage makes the marriage what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson relieves a severely injured old man of pain but further enables him to recover greatly from what in Chapter 9?
2. In one example in Chapter 8, a girl's _______ needed improvement, and she needed to lose a lot of weight.
3. The therapist's intent is to be what to the marriage and to each of the partners in it?
4. In cases where only the wife comes in, the husband has often implied that the therapist is having some kind of relationship with his wife, therefore _____ the relationship.
5. A great part of the therapist's role is to supply _______ over one or more people in a temporary manner to facilitate a cure or other effective treatment of a problem.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erickson's approach to the family "as a group"?
2. How does Erickson work to help an elderly man walk in Chapter 9?
3. What does Erickson say regarding becoming grandparents in the life cycle?
4. How does Erickson use not siding with one family member as a technique?
5. Describe the case in Chapter 6 in which the mother is ultimately left out following post-partum depression.
6. What does Haley say of children leaving the nest in Chapter 8?
7. What is stated regarding substance abuse in Chapter 7?
8. Describe the outcome of the example from Chapter 6 in which a child has a sore which festered for 2 years.
9. Describe Haley's point of view in writing this book.
10. According to Erickson, what affects a person's happiness in approaching old age?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)