|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson is able to _____ the man into proving to himself and the others that he can in fact get up and is even able to make it to the car.
2. Erickson is _____ if a husband goes so far as to show up to set the therapist straight on some ways that the therapist has been wrong.
3. The use of hypnosis in Chapter 9 is used primarily to do what?
(a) Assist childbirth.
(b) End grief.
(c) Alleviate pain.
(d) Overcome addictions.
4. One example in Chapter 8 is a case where a teenager is _______ because she relates the fact that her mother has been having an affair with a local wealthy man.
(b) Sent to live with her grandparents.
(d) Sent to boarding school.
5. For some parents the transition from being a parent into _________ actually makes it easier for over involved parents to let go of their own offspring.
(a) Growing old.
(b) Empty nesters.
(c) Being a grandparent.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
Short Answer Questions
1. In cases where only the wife comes in, the husband has often implied that the therapist is having some kind of relationship with his wife, therefore _____ the relationship.
2. Erickson gently refuses to help the man who had the stroke again in Chapter 9, claiming that even though it worked before, her husband is probably _____for his therapy to be effective.
3. Where was the man from whom Erickson helped to walk in Chapter 9?
4. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
5. What is often an integral part of Erickson's treatment plan?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)