|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In cases where only the wife comes in, the husband has often implied that the therapist is having some kind of relationship with his wife, therefore _____ the relationship.
2. Haley cites one of Erickson's cases in Chapter 6 where the mother who sought treatment was ultimately what?
(b) Left out.
(d) Faced with adoption.
3. For people who have a healthy and integrated sense of every stage of life, are surrounded by friends, and well enough ____, the final phase of life can be quite pleasurable and go on for decades.
4. The use of hypnosis in Chapter 9 is used primarily to do what?
(a) End grief.
(b) Alleviate pain.
(c) Assist childbirth.
(d) Overcome addictions.
5. Erickson is able to _____ the man into proving to himself and the others that he can in fact get up and is even able to make it to the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is often an integral part of Erickson's treatment plan?
2. When the post-partum mother does receive therapy, the reasons for why she is so upset about becoming a mother are discussed and where possible her _____.
3. Haley notes in Chapter 8 that people may or may not recognize that they need to be _______ their own children.
4. In what year was the book published?
5. Erickson would use his position to effect a beneficial ______ that leaves the couple reoriented into their new and improved dynamic and empowers them to go back to leaving out the therapist.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)