|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurrence either forces or allows other relatives, be it the father or extended family, a great chance to take care of the baby?
(b) Death of a parent.
(c) Post-partum depression.
(d) Childhood disability.
2. In one case of a wife who dominated her husband in Chapter 7, if a caller on the phone wouldn't announce who they were she would do what?
(b) Accuse her husband of adultery.
(c) Hang up.
3. The dynamic between the parents of the child with the sore was affected because they paid attention to ______ in relation to the chores in a different way.
(a) The child.
(b) One another.
(c) The other children.
(d) The therapist.
4. There are numerous cases referred to in Chapter 6. One is about a sore that festered for how long?
(a) One year.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
5. One case in Chapter 6 was about how the therapist helped a mother to re-establish her authority with her son. How old was the child?
Short Answer Questions
1. In one case in Chapter 7, Erickson deals with a woman who feels what sensation in the bedroom?
2. The case study in Chapter 8 involving the girl with body issues follows the therapist's instructions to for the daughter to insist upon ______ from the mother as the condition for the presence.
3. Erickson would use his position to effect a beneficial ______ that leaves the couple reoriented into their new and improved dynamic and empowers them to go back to leaving out the therapist.
4. Who is the patient Mesmer took in Chapter 8?
5. When Erickson did work long-term with a patient, he would change up the _____ of the appointments.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erickson's approach to the family "as a group"?
2. What does Haley say of children leaving the nest in Chapter 8?
3. What is done with the teenage daughter who knows a family secret in Chapter 8?
4. How does Haley describe Erickson asserting his masculinity as a doctor in Chapter 7?
5. What does Haley write of dominance in marriage?
6. Describe the case of the schizophrenic daughter Erickson treats for family issues in Chapter 8.
7. What is one of the more controversial aspects of Erickson's hypnosis?
8. What does Erickson focus on with new mothers facing post-partum depression?
9. Describe the case in Chapter 6 in which the mother is ultimately left out following post-partum depression.
10. How does Erickson use not siding with one family member as a technique?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)