|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one example in Chapter 8, Erickson had to work with the parents on their dynamic, including extreme ______ tensions, while at the same time serving as the daughter's therapist.
2. Once Erickson helped the family of the boy with the sore, it cured the boy of his festering sore and the _______ behavior that had accompanied it.
3. For people who have a healthy and integrated sense of every stage of life, are surrounded by friends, and well enough ____, the final phase of life can be quite pleasurable and go on for decades.
4. The therapist's intent is to be what to the marriage and to each of the partners in it?
5. In some cases in Chapter 8, one or more parents would interfere or remove the patient from therapy once what?
(a) The child was angry.
(b) The child was upset.
(c) No improvements were detected.
(d) Improvements were effected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 7 deals with issues of what?
2. In one case of a wife who dominated her husband in Chapter 7, if a caller on the phone wouldn't announce who they were she would do what?
3. Erickson's use of hypnosis is shown through these case studies to be ______.
4. In order to heal the sore on a child's body in the example in Chapter 6, it was necessary for the boy's father to take over what?
5. Erickson cites examples of a couple that ceased to have an alcohol problem when they did what on weekends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Haley write regarding post-partum depression in Chapter 6?
2. What is one of the more controversial aspects of Erickson's hypnosis?
3. Describe Haley's point of view in writing this book.
4. What is Erickson's approach to the family "as a group"?
5. Describe the outcome of the example from Chapter 6 in which a child has a sore which festered for 2 years.
6. In what ways does Erickson see patients he no longer counseled?
7. How do Erickson's techniques vary with different clients?
8. Describe the case of the 8-year-old terror, which is provided in Chapter 6.
9. What does Haley say of children leaving the nest in Chapter 8?
10. How does Erickson enable couples in Chapter 6?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)