|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Erickson's client secured the job in Chapter 3, the therapist asked for details about how corrections were made when the client revealed that there had been _____.
(a) A foreclosure.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A resignation.
2. Hypnosis is described as a special way of _______.
(b) Brain washing.
(c) Administering help.
3. It is stated in In Chapter 2 that some, but not all, will naturally ________; others will not. This evidently affects the culture.
(a) Be homosexual.
(c) Mate for life.
(d) Leave the nest.
4. In one case in Chapter 5, there was competition between the mother and the ______ over mothering the new baby.
(d) Mother's mother.
5. In a nonviolent case, Erickson often encourages _____ within a couple.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Harold has acquired better habits of dress, he begins to spontaneously seek ______ and to get it.
2. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that what occurs here is that couples are faced with dynamic challenges?
3. Harold's experience with his first relationship was so good that he voluntarily reconsidered his own views and chose to do what?
4. Erickson typically conducts therapy with the goal of keeping a couple together except for two types of case: one, if the couple feels the marriage was a mistake, and second, in the event that the marriage does what?
5. Addressing their fears and insecurities while helping them to make some needed _______ are all part of the therapy for those who want this.
Short Essay Questions
1. In the case where a woman is hospitalized in Chapter 5, what issues does she face with her in-laws?
2. Give an example of a case where trance was used by Erickson in Chapter 5.
3. What does Haley say of children leaving the nest in Chapter 8?
4. Discuss Erickson's methods of frustration, space, and emphasizing the positive.
5. What is stated regarding substance abuse in Chapter 7?
6. How does Erickson feel regarding psychiatric medication?
7. How does Haley describe Erickson asserting his masculinity as a doctor in Chapter 7?
8. Describe the first case scenario set up in Chapter 4.
9. What are some of the prominent issues in marriages as Haley suggests in Chapter 5?
10. Describe the case of the schizophrenic daughter Erickson treats for family issues in Chapter 8.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)