|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Childbirth and Rearing the Young.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In some cases, Erickson offers patients the option to make more complete changes in a shorter time span. In these cases, he assures them that they can, but the greater the transformation, the greater the _________ associated with the changes that will be facilitated by hypnosis.
(a) Psychological shock.
2. Perhaps one case from Chapter 6 did not want to be a mother but had no recourse other than to plead a kind of insanity so that the others would take control from her, or she possibly was mentally ill. What was she labeled with?
(a) Borderline personality disorder.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
3. In Chapter 5, Haley shows how Erickson applied therapy when the challenge was to help new parents over into the ______ of being parents.
(a) Phase of life.
4. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that what occurs here is that couples are faced with dynamic challenges?
(a) "Marriage and its Consequences".
(b) "Extension of Family".
(c) "Childbirth and Dealing with the Young".
(d) "Premeditated Childbirth".
5. Haley states in Chapter 2, there is a need for the ______ to make a major adjustment towards the relationship of another family member but also to another family.
(a) Entire family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The transition from being a child into being an adult involves ______ of the relational patterns between family members.
2. Eventually, through a lengthy process including both success and failure, Erickson gets Harold to complete what?
3. What occurrence either forces or allows other relatives, be it the father or extended family, a great chance to take care of the baby?
4. In Chapter 5, Haley writes about a case in which a wealthy woman had to be tranced into more full awareness of her feelings of acceptance during her childhood and how this set a healthy foundation for her to feel confident in her ability to do what?
5. When Erickson conducts long-term therapy, he does not do it as extensive and lengthy contact with meetings once each week for years. Instead, he does what?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)