|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Childbirth and Rearing the Young.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harold has succeeded in school, Erickson persuades him to drop the idea that he is somehow _____ minded.
2. In some cases, Erickson offers patients the option to make more complete changes in a shorter time span. In these cases, he assures them that they can, but the greater the transformation, the greater the _________ associated with the changes that will be facilitated by hypnosis.
(a) Psychological shock.
3. Eventually, through a lengthy process including both success and failure, Erickson gets Harold to complete what?
(a) High school.
(b) Grade school.
(c) Trade school.
(d) Military enrollment.
4. Haley points out that Erickson had suffered from _____ twice and had been debilitated by it/them.
(a) Heart attacks.
(c) Nervous breakdowns.
5. Erickson's method is in contrast to other forms of talk therapy where there is a greater emphasis on __________, and the relationship tends to involve weekly meetings for years on end.
(a) Understanding the anxieties of the client.
(b) Understanding the client
(c) Evaluating the client's emotions.
(d) Evaluating the client's history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson's use of intentional forms of amnesia as part of the trance is done in order to _________ and to empower individuals to make certain changes.
2. Haley cites one of Erickson's cases in Chapter 6 where the mother who sought treatment was ultimately what?
3. In one case in Chapter 5, there was competition between the mother and the ______ over mothering the new baby.
4. After other deep work is done and Harold has some very enjoyable experiences with women he does what of his own accord?
5. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)