|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Childbirth and Rearing the Young.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Erickson _____________, he then keeps out of that friendship so that it takes its own natural course.
(a) Sets up interviews with other clients.
(b) Arranges for a client to contact parental figures.
(c) Helps a patient to establish contact.
(d) Sets up a date.
2. When Erickson conducts long-term therapy, he does not do it as extensive and lengthy contact with meetings once each week for years. Instead, he does what?
(a) Has telephone sessions.
(b) Has sessions outside his office.
(c) Varies the frequency of appointments.
(d) Varies the duration of appointments.
3. In Chapter 4, it becomes apparent over time that Harold is a very _______ worker.
(c) Dedicated but uneducated.
(d) Diligent and good.
4. In one scenario in Chapter 5, Erickson was ignorant in matters of baby gender prediction, but he did recommend _____ to avert disaster.
5. Haley writes of a case in Chapter 5 in which a new mother was so distraught that she was hospitalized; the trouble was that in some cases, the receipt of treatment is used by others in the greater familial context as what?
(a) An excuse to coddle them.
(b) An excuse to unfairly exclude them.
(c) An excuse for them to be blamed.
(d) An excuse for divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are numerous cases referred to in Chapter 6. One is about a sore that festered for how long?
2. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
3. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
4. In Chapter 2, the author notes that among humans, the mating style appears to vary _____.
5. What occurrence either forces or allows other relatives, be it the father or extended family, a great chance to take care of the baby?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)