|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Childbirth and Rearing the Young.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
(a) The phase of bearing children.
(b) The phase of old age.
(c) The phase of marriage.
(d) The phase of adolescence.
2. If a couple is able to remain civil and reasonably safe and sane in their fighting, Erickson ______.
(a) Asks one member to leave.
(b) Disapproves regardless.
(c) Strongly approves of it,
(d) Encourages it outside the office.
3. Once Erickson helped the family of the boy with the sore, it cured the boy of his festering sore and the _______ behavior that had accompanied it.
4. The dynamic between the parents of the child with the sore was affected because they paid attention to ______ in relation to the chores in a different way.
(a) The therapist.
(b) The other children.
(c) The child.
(d) One another.
5. In some cases, Erickson offers patients the option to make more complete changes in a shorter time span. In these cases, he assures them that they can, but the greater the transformation, the greater the _________ associated with the changes that will be facilitated by hypnosis.
(c) Psychological shock.
Short Answer Questions
1. One client in Chapter 5 received therapy for a few months and then simply lost or stuffed down her symptoms and is written of as having _______ since.
2. When the post-partum mother does receive therapy, the reasons for why she is so upset about becoming a mother are discussed and where possible her _____.
3. Under which heading does Haley write that the marriage ceremony is actually very important to more than just those who are marrying?
4. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that therapy must take into account the reality of how factors outside the marriage and beyond the individual partners have an affect upon what happens and may contain suggestions and warnings about the way to navigate a set of solutions?
5. In Chapter 2, the author notes that among humans, the mating style appears to vary _____.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)