Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to help Maria wind wool in order to speed up the process so they can leave?
2. Yelena suggests that Astrov stop _____________ as it hurts Sonya too much.
3. Telegin goes off to get the ___________ of Astrov in order to finally leave.
4. ___________ comments on the silence of the home and says that he doesn't feel like leaving.
5. Who has asked everyone to gather for some kind of announcement, according to Vanya?
Essay Topic 1
The passage of time is something which is considered in this play as well. People get older, they change, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think the passage of time is an important theme in this manuscript?
Part 2: Do you think that aging is always a depressing event? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you currently feel about getting older and about aging? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Various characters at various times talk about how they regret many things they have not done.
Part 1: Why do you think the characters are suddenly regretting things in the course of this play?
Part 2: Do you think a person should express their regrets? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might one avoid having regrets in one's life? Is this an impossible task?
Essay Topic 3
Telegin talks about how having his pride is something that he cherishes since he separated from his wife.
Part 1: Why do you think Telegin is satisfied with simply having his pride?
Part 2: Do you think you could be satisfied with your life after breaking up with someone?
Part 3: How will Telegin's actions affect his children? Why?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)