Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to help Maria wind wool in order to speed up the process so they can leave?
2. Yelena suggests that Astrov stop _____________ as it hurts Sonya too much.
3. Telegin goes off to get the ___________ of Astrov in order to finally leave.
4. ___________ comments on the silence of the home and says that he doesn't feel like leaving.
5. Who has asked everyone to gather for some kind of announcement, according to Vanya?
At many points of this play, the characters seem to be ready to argue with each other over even the littlest things.
Part 1: Why do you think the characters feel the need to argue so often?
Part 2: Why do you think the characters don't talk about things in a calmer and more reasonable manner?
Part 3: How might the play change if people were to speak to each other in a more mature fashion?
The blatant alcoholism of Astrov makes him a character with whom many do not sympathize.
Part 1: Why is Astrov always using alcohol to solve his problems?
Part 2: Do you think alcohol is the only way for some people to handle problems in their life? Why or why not?
Part 3: What else might Astrov do in order to handle the struggles of his life?
Vanya is also talking about the idea of killing himself and of getting away from the world.
Part 1: Do you think Vanya is serious about wanting to kill himself? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might you have done to reason with Vanya when he was talking about killing himself?
Part 3: Do you think Vanya has other reasons for saying that he just wants to kill himself? If so, what? If not, why not?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)