Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to help Maria wind wool in order to speed up the process so they can leave?
2. Yelena suggests that Astrov stop _____________ as it hurts Sonya too much.
3. Telegin goes off to get the ___________ of Astrov in order to finally leave.
4. ___________ comments on the silence of the home and says that he doesn't feel like leaving.
5. Who has asked everyone to gather for some kind of announcement, according to Vanya?
Essay Topic 1
Vanya is also talking about the idea of killing himself and of getting away from the world.
Part 1: Do you think Vanya is serious about wanting to kill himself? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might you have done to reason with Vanya when he was talking about killing himself?
Part 3: Do you think Vanya has other reasons for saying that he just wants to kill himself? If so, what? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Vanya seems to be a person who likes to have new things to talk about, new things to consider.
Part 1: Why do you think Vanya always wants to talk about new things?
Part 2: What is so bad about talking about the same things again and again?
Part 3: Would you rather talk about new things or old things? Why?
Essay Topic 3
It's pointed out that Vanya used to have convictions, but he doesn't seem to have any anymore.
Part 1: Do you think it's important for a person to have convictions? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Maria is concerned that Vanya doesn't have convictions anymore?
Part 3: Do you think you have convictions right now? Why or why not?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)