|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sonya tells Vanya she knows he hasn't known __________ in his life.
2. Sonya says that she has ___________ and urges Vanya to do that same.
3. Vanya shouts that ___________ is the enemy and that this person has destroyed his life.
4. Whose bedroom also serves as the estate office during this last act of the play?
5. ____________ accuses Yelena of playing games, saying that she already knows why this person comes to visit so often.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It's pointed out that Vanya used to have convictions, but he doesn't seem to have any anymore.
Part 1: Do you think it's important for a person to have convictions? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Maria is concerned that Vanya doesn't have convictions anymore?
Part 3: Do you think you have convictions right now? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Telegin talks about how having his pride is something that he cherishes since he separated from his wife.
Part 1: Why do you think Telegin is satisfied with simply having his pride?
Part 2: Do you think you could be satisfied with your life after breaking up with someone?
Part 3: How will Telegin's actions affect his children? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Vanya is also talking about the idea of killing himself and of getting away from the world.
Part 1: Do you think Vanya is serious about wanting to kill himself? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might you have done to reason with Vanya when he was talking about killing himself?
Part 3: Do you think Vanya has other reasons for saying that he just wants to kill himself? If so, what? If not, why not?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)