|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ tells Vanya to do as the Professor says during this volatile scene.
2. The Professor says that he will not do anything without the consent of ___________.
3. After Yelena formally wishes Astrov the best, she suddenly ______________.
4. Vanya points out he's worked like a _______________ to pay off the estate's debts.
5. Who decides to help Maria wind wool in order to speed up the process so they can leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Vanya is one that seems to be looking for attention much of the time, always thinking that others aren't noticing him.
Part 1: Why do you think Vanya wants more attention in this play?
Part 2: Do you think Vanya deserves to have more attention than he is given within the play?
Part 3: How do you think the play might be different if Vanya was more confident in himself?
Essay Topic 2
The Professor points out that as he ages, he is becoming more offensive to himself.
Part 1: Why do you think the Professor feels he is getting offensive?
Part 2: Do you agree that people become more troublesome as they become older? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you will behave when you become older? How might you feel about yourself?
Essay Topic 3
It's pointed out that Vanya used to have convictions, but he doesn't seem to have any anymore.
Part 1: Do you think it's important for a person to have convictions? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Maria is concerned that Vanya doesn't have convictions anymore?
Part 3: Do you think you have convictions right now? Why or why not?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)