Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vanya point out is actually the one who owns the estate?
2. Yelena kisses Vanya's ____________ before she leaves the estate.
3. Yelena asks ____________ how they feel about Sonya in a direct manner.
4. Astrov stops talking about his work when he realizes that ___________ is not interested in what he has to say.
5. Yelena reminds ____________ that he promised to leave when they spoke earlier.
Telegin talks about how having his pride is something that he cherishes since he separated from his wife.
Part 1: Why do you think Telegin is satisfied with simply having his pride?
Part 2: Do you think you could be satisfied with your life after breaking up with someone?
Part 3: How will Telegin's actions affect his children? Why?
The blatant alcoholism of Astrov makes him a character with whom many do not sympathize.
Part 1: Why is Astrov always using alcohol to solve his problems?
Part 2: Do you think alcohol is the only way for some people to handle problems in their life? Why or why not?
Part 3: What else might Astrov do in order to handle the struggles of his life?
The character of Vanya is one that seems to be looking for attention much of the time, always thinking that others aren't noticing him.
Part 1: Why do you think Vanya wants more attention in this play?
Part 2: Do you think Vanya deserves to have more attention than he is given within the play?
Part 3: How do you think the play might be different if Vanya was more confident in himself?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)