Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to help Maria wind wool in order to speed up the process so they can leave?
2. Yelena suggests that Astrov stop _____________ as it hurts Sonya too much.
3. Telegin goes off to get the ___________ of Astrov in order to finally leave.
4. ___________ comments on the silence of the home and says that he doesn't feel like leaving.
5. Who has asked everyone to gather for some kind of announcement, according to Vanya?
Essay Topic 1
At many points of this play, the characters seem to be ready to argue with each other over even the littlest things.
Part 1: Why do you think the characters feel the need to argue so often?
Part 2: Why do you think the characters don't talk about things in a calmer and more reasonable manner?
Part 3: How might the play change if people were to speak to each other in a more mature fashion?
Essay Topic 2
In this play, there are instances of love that has gone unrequited, though some of the people know about the feelings others have for them.
Part 1: Why do you think these characters have hesitated in being with the ones they truly love?
Part 2: Do you think it's too late for these lovers to do anything about their feelings? Why or why not?
Part 3: What might have happened in the play if everyone was with the person they loved?
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Vanya tries to shoot the Professor is a dramatic one, though it does not result in death or even in change.
Part 1: Why do you think Vanya tried to shoot the Professor, twice, in this scene?
Part 2: Do you think Vanya intended to hurt the Professor? Why or why not?
Part 3: What else might Vanya have done to persuade the Professor? Why?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)