|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to help Maria wind wool in order to speed up the process so they can leave?
2. Yelena suggests that Astrov stop _____________ as it hurts Sonya too much.
3. Telegin goes off to get the ___________ of Astrov in order to finally leave.
4. ___________ comments on the silence of the home and says that he doesn't feel like leaving.
5. Who has asked everyone to gather for some kind of announcement, according to Vanya?
Essay Topic 1
Vanya is also talking about the idea of killing himself and of getting away from the world.
Part 1: Do you think Vanya is serious about wanting to kill himself? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might you have done to reason with Vanya when he was talking about killing himself?
Part 3: Do you think Vanya has other reasons for saying that he just wants to kill himself? If so, what? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
It's pointed out that Vanya used to have convictions, but he doesn't seem to have any anymore.
Part 1: Do you think it's important for a person to have convictions? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Maria is concerned that Vanya doesn't have convictions anymore?
Part 3: Do you think you have convictions right now? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In this play, there are instances of love that has gone unrequited, though some of the people know about the feelings others have for them.
Part 1: Why do you think these characters have hesitated in being with the ones they truly love?
Part 2: Do you think it's too late for these lovers to do anything about their feelings? Why or why not?
Part 3: What might have happened in the play if everyone was with the person they loved?
This section contains 1,564 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)