|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yelena comes in to tell Vanya that ____________ has something to say to him.
2. What is Vanya accused of stealing from Astrov, according to Astrov's accusation?
3. __________ tells everyone to leave him alone, that he can't stand being watched over.
4. Yelena suggests that Astrov stop _____________ as it hurts Sonya too much.
5. ___________ says they aren't leaving until Vanya returns what he stole.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Yelena talks about how people destroy other people as well as destroying the forests around them.
Part 1: Why do you think Yelena is quick to point out how people destroy other people?
Part 2: Do you agree that people are quick to destroy each other? Why or why not?
Part 3: What are some reasons people might have for 'destroying' others in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The blatant alcoholism of Astrov makes him a character with whom many do not sympathize.
Part 1: Why is Astrov always using alcohol to solve his problems?
Part 2: Do you think alcohol is the only way for some people to handle problems in their life? Why or why not?
Part 3: What else might Astrov do in order to handle the struggles of his life?
Essay Topic 3
Vanya is also talking about the idea of killing himself and of getting away from the world.
Part 1: Do you think Vanya is serious about wanting to kill himself? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might you have done to reason with Vanya when he was talking about killing himself?
Part 3: Do you think Vanya has other reasons for saying that he just wants to kill himself? If so, what? If not, why not?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)