|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within this final setting is an easel and a table where which character goes to paint?
2. ________ comments to Sonya about how miserable he is as they are working together.
3. ___________ comments on the silence of the home and says that he doesn't feel like leaving.
4. Sonya encourages Vanya to keep living, bear the trials, and to work _________.
5. Ultimately, Astrov believes the downfall of society is being caused by ____________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Telegin talks about how having his pride is something that he cherishes since he separated from his wife.
Part 1: Why do you think Telegin is satisfied with simply having his pride?
Part 2: Do you think you could be satisfied with your life after breaking up with someone?
Part 3: How will Telegin's actions affect his children? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The Professor points out that as he ages, he is becoming more offensive to himself.
Part 1: Why do you think the Professor feels he is getting offensive?
Part 2: Do you agree that people become more troublesome as they become older? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you will behave when you become older? How might you feel about yourself?
Essay Topic 3
Sonya points out that Vanya has been living on his illusions while she is working herself to exhaustion.
Part 1: Why do you think Vanya is thought to be living on his illusions?
Part 2: Do you think it's fair for Sonya to speak to Vanya in this way? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Sonya has to work herself to exhaustion? Or might she be playing the martyr?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)