|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vanya say staggers as she walks out of her own sheer laziness?
2. Yelena pleads with her husband to ______________ during this confrontation.
3. ____________ pleads with the Professor to have mercy, reminding him of all the work they've done.
4. Sonya thinks that when they ___________, they will be rewarded.
5. Astrov says that he ___________ Sonya, but he has no feeling for her as a woman.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Telegin talks about how having his pride is something that he cherishes since he separated from his wife.
Part 1: Why do you think Telegin is satisfied with simply having his pride?
Part 2: Do you think you could be satisfied with your life after breaking up with someone?
Part 3: How will Telegin's actions affect his children? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Vanya is also talking about the idea of killing himself and of getting away from the world.
Part 1: Do you think Vanya is serious about wanting to kill himself? Why or why not?
Part 2: What might you have done to reason with Vanya when he was talking about killing himself?
Part 3: Do you think Vanya has other reasons for saying that he just wants to kill himself? If so, what? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
This play seems to include many moments in which the characters discuss how bored they are with their lives.
Part 1: Why do you think the characters are always so bored with their lives?
Part 2: Do you think the characters are doing enough to deal with the boredom they are facing? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that boredom is a bad thing? Why or why not?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)