Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Professor feel serious pain when he wakes up from his sleep?
2. A workman enters the scene and asks for _________ as they need him at the factory.
3. Sonya complains that Vanya has been living on his ___________ while she's been working herself to exhaustion.
4. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
5. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Astrov return to the room with after Sonya has coaxed him into coming over to them?
2. What does Yelena tell Vanya to do after an awkward moment with Astrov?
3. What does the workman request when he walks into the scene where the rest of the characters are?
4. Why does Vanya protest the announcement and the decision the Professor makes in his announcement?
5. What is Vanya's complaint about his life since the Professor and his wife arrived at the house?
6. What does the Professor tell Marina as soon as he walks into the house without being let inside?
7. What does Sonya ask Yelena to help her with in regards to her relationship?
8. What does Vanya say in his soliloquy about the Professor before the current time and how they supported each other?
9. What does Vanya tell Yelena about the storm that is about to be upon them?
10. What does Sonya come into the room to remind the Professor of?
Yelena talks about how people destroy other people as well as destroying the forests around them.
Part 1: Why do you think Yelena is quick to point out how people destroy other people?
Part 2: Do you agree that people are quick to destroy each other? Why or why not?
Part 3: What are some reasons people might have for 'destroying' others in their lives?
Astrov believes that places where trees have been well-tended are places where people are more artistic and wise.
Part 1: Why do you think Astrov speculates that well-tended areas of nature produce more artistic and wise people?
Part 2: Do you agree with the observation of Astrov? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think might also have an influence on people, making them more artistic and wise?
Vanya seems to be a person who likes to have new things to talk about, new things to consider.
Part 1: Why do you think Vanya always wants to talk about new things?
Part 2: What is so bad about talking about the same things again and again?
Part 3: Would you rather talk about new things or old things? Why?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)