|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose silence is interpreted to mean that Astrov said that he wouldn't be coming back?
(a) The Professor.
2. Sonya tells Vanya that she _____________, but she has decided to endure it.
(a) Is in pain too.
(b) Wants to die.
(c) Loves him.
(d) Doesn't want to live.
3. Who comes in with Sonya, sad about the events and in tears as the play begins to close?
4. What does Astrov do to Yelena when she begins to protest her motives and actions?
(a) Spits on her.
(b) Kisses her hands.
(c) Walks away from her in a huff.
(d) Slaps her.
5. Sonya points out that she and Vanya will, in the future, be able to _________.
(d) Have rewards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room does this particular scene of the play take place?
2. Sonya says that she has ___________ and urges Vanya to do that same.
3. Astrov says that he ___________ Sonya, but he has no feeling for her as a woman.
4. What does Vanya go out to get in order to help make Yelena feel better?
5. Yelena admits that while finding __________ strange, she is also attracted to him.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)