|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose silence is interpreted to mean that Astrov said that he wouldn't be coming back?
(d) The Professor.
2. After Yelena formally wishes Astrov the best, she suddenly ______________.
(a) Walks away.
(b) Embraces him.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Slaps him.
3. Vanya tells Sonya they must quickly _____________ otherwise he won't be able to go on.
(a) Get to work.
4. What does the Professor want to buy with the money he will make off selling the estate?
(a) Stocks and a small villa in the city.
(b) An island.
(d) A new office.
5. Vanya points out he's worked like a _______________ to pay off the estate's debts.
(a) Farm animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ tells Vanya to do as the Professor says during this volatile scene.
2. Astrov says that he will not be back to the house again unless there is ______________.
3. Yelena notes that someone like Astrov is like the bright __________ rising in the midst of the darkness.
4. __________ says he doesn't have the heart to go to see them all off.
5. What does Astrov do to Yelena when she begins to protest her motives and actions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)