|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains they have had just about enough of the Professor?
2. Vanya thinks the Professor writes books about _________ without knowing anything about it.
3. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) Blue jeans.
(b) Swimming trunks.
(c) Black overcoat.
(d) A tuxedo.
4. Vanya complains that ever since ___________ and his wife arrived, the schedule has not be right around the house.
5. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
(a) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sonya complains that Vanya has been living on his ___________ while she's been working herself to exhaustion.
2. Telegin sits next to Marina and talks about how happy he is because of _____________.
3. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
4. Yelena, it is said, married the Professor when he was already _________.
5. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Professor say about the medicine he wants Sonya to pass to him?
2. When Sonya returns, what does Astrov say he needs to do so he has to leave the room?
3. What does Astrov say when Sonya asks him when he might be back to the estate?
4. Why doesn't the Professor want the two women to go and to leave Vanya alone with him?
5. What is odd about the Professor's appearance according to Astrov and Vanya?
6. What does Sonya ask Yelena to help her with in regards to her relationship?
7. What does Yelena tell Vanya he should do after he begins to complain that he's had just about enough of himself?
8. What does Astrov admit to Yelena in reference to his feelings about Sonya when Yelena asks him?
9. What does the Professor think is the reason for his sudden shortness of breath as he is asking for a book?
10. What is the other function of Vanya's bedroom in the opening of this final act of the play?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)