|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ admits that he is a vile man, even more so when he is drunk.
(d) The Professor.
2. What does Astrov ask the worker to fetch for him before they head out the door?
(b) A hot dinner.
3. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
4. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) Black overcoat.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) Swimming trunks.
(d) A tuxedo.
5. What does Maria say that Vanya used to have, but does not have anymore - and Vanya agrees with her?
(a) A smile.
(b) A gun.
(c) A purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ sees that Vanya is drunk and tells him it's unfitting for someone his age.
2. ___________ tells Vanya he should spend more time creating harmony and reconciliation.
3. Yelena points out that __________ is obviously in love with Astrov, but she is too shy to talk to him about it.
4. Yelena says that Astrov is right, people don't just destroy forests, they also destroy ____________.
5. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maria's comment about the new pamphlet she is reading from a writer she likes?
2. When Marina asks Telegin where the gun is, what does Telegin reply to her?
3. Why does Sonya send Marina off as Maria sits down and reads during this opening scene?
4. What is the other function of Vanya's bedroom in the opening of this final act of the play?
5. What does the Professor tell Marina as soon as he walks into the house without being let inside?
6. What does Astrov say when Sonya asks him when he might be back to the estate?
7. What does Astrov return to the room with after Sonya has coaxed him into coming over to them?
8. What does Vanya think about the Professor's life now that he has gotten older?
9. Why are Sonya and Astrov out looking for Vanya at this point of the play?
10. When Sonya returns, what does Astrov say he needs to do so he has to leave the room?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)