|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yelena talks to Vanya about his quarreling ways, he starts talks about her ___________.
(a) Feminine wiles.
2. Yelena says that she is a minor __________ in her husband's life, as well as feeling that way in her entire life.
3. Astrov predicts that by the time it stops ______________, the horse and carriage will be ready.
4. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
5. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
(b) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say that Vanya used to have, but does not have anymore - and Vanya agrees with her?
2. What happened to the other man that Telegin's wife was seeing at one point?
3. ________ tells the Professor to stop being so difficult at this point of the play.
4. What does Telegin bring with him as he and Astrov return home, slightly drunk?
5. Astrov gives his word to Sonya that he will not ___________ anymore as they are talking.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Astrov, in his memory, tried to operate on a patient who died on the table?
2. When does Astrov believe a woman can become a friend of a man?
3. What does Marina think about people who are living a hundred years in the future?
4. Why are Sonya and Astrov out looking for Vanya at this point of the play?
5. What is Telegin helping Marina to do at the opening of this scene?
6. What does Sonya say has been happening while Vanya has been living his illusions?
7. What is the memory that Astrov becomes lost in as he is talking with Marina?
8. What does Sonya ask Yelena to help her with in regards to her relationship?
9. What does Astrov admit to Vanya when he enters the scene with Telegin?
10. What has Vanya supposedly stolen from Astrov, according to Astrov's accusation?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)