|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes angry when Vanya says they have decided to live at the house?
(b) The Professor.
2. Yelena and Sonya promise to be __________ again after many difficult weeks together.
3. Where does the Professor want Yelena to look for a particular book the following day?
(a) His study.
(b) A school.
4. What does Sonya point out has gone cold on them as they were speaking?
5. Who gets offended when Yelena calls him by the wrong name, though he's at the table with her each day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
2. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
3. What is the relationship of Telegin to Sonya during the course of this play?
4. Sonya talks about how Astrov feels that where __________ are well-tended, the people are more artisitic.
5. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vanya think about the Professor's life now that he has gotten older?
2. What does Sonya say has been happening while Vanya has been living his illusions?
3. Why doesn't Astrov leave the scene when Vanya asks him to leave?
4. What does the Professor say about the medicine he wants Sonya to pass to him?
5. What is the announcement the Professor makes to the characters in this scene?
6. What does Vanya tell Yelena about the storm that is about to be upon them?
7. What does Marina recall as she is trying to answer the question of how long she and Astrov have known each other?
8. What has Vanya supposedly stolen from Astrov, according to Astrov's accusation?
9. What is odd about the Professor's appearance according to Astrov and Vanya?
10. Why does Sonya send Marina off as Maria sits down and reads during this opening scene?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)