|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Astrov and Vanya both comment on the beauty of ___________ as well as on the overcoat of the Professor.
2. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
3. Yelena says that she is a minor __________ in her husband's life, as well as feeling that way in her entire life.
4. Where is the beginning of Act Two set as the play opens again?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The office.
(d) The dining room.
5. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yelena say has real talent and a real vision, and that he must be cared for?
2. ________ tells the Professor to stop being so difficult at this point of the play.
3. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
4. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
5. Who does the Professor think actually finds him the most offensive of anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sonya returns, what does Astrov say he needs to do so he has to leave the room?
2. Why doesn't the Professor want the two women to go and to leave Vanya alone with him?
3. What does Astrov say when Sonya asks him when he might be back to the estate?
4. What does the Professor say about the medicine he wants Sonya to pass to him?
5. Who comes into the house from the woods as Astrov, Marina, and Vanya all stand or sit in the main room?
6. What does Yelena tell Vanya to do after an awkward moment with Astrov?
7. What are some of the reasons Vanya gives for not being able to sleep at night?
8. What is Telegin helping Marina to do at the opening of this scene?
9. What does Sonya come into the room to remind the Professor of?
10. What does Sonya say she will tell Astrov in order to get him to come into the room?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)