|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sonya talks about how Astrov feels that where __________ are well-tended, the people are more artisitic.
2. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
3. What happened to the other man that Telegin's wife was seeing at one point?
(a) He died.
(b) He married her.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He left her.
4. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
5. What has Maria received from a writer that she likes and she shares this with the rest of the house?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A personal letter.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ tells Vanya he should spend more time creating harmony and reconciliation.
2. What does Vanya come in to announce is going to happen during this second act?
3. ________ tells the Professor to stop being so difficult at this point of the play.
4. Vanya says that Yelena is his __________ which is why he is so miserable.
5. Vanya thinks the Professor writes books about _________ without knowing anything about it.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the announcement the Professor makes to the characters in this scene?
2. When does Astrov believe a woman can become a friend of a man?
3. What does Yelena suggest Astrov do in regards to his feelings about Sonya?
4. What does Yelena do when the Professor wakes up from his nap on the chair?
5. What does Vanya say in response to the Professor's apology to him after he too apologizes?
6. Why are Sonya and Astrov out looking for Vanya at this point of the play?
7. What does Sonya ask Yelena to help her with in regards to her relationship?
8. Why does Vanya believe that he is a foolish man after the events of the previous scene?
9. What does Marina offer to Astrov as he paces during the opening scene of the play?
10. What does Sonya say has been happening while Vanya has been living his illusions?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)