|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yelena says the reason she and Vanya are friends is because they are both very ________.
2. What is the second thing that Marina offers to Astrov in order to calm his nerves?
3. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
(c) The Professor.
4. ________ tells the Professor to stop being so difficult at this point of the play.
5. Vanya says that Yelena is his __________ which is why he is so miserable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of Telegin to Sonya during the course of this play?
2. The Professors tells Vanya to go, that they used to be ____________ and will talk another time.
3. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
4. Astrov predicts that by the time it stops ______________, the horse and carriage will be ready.
5. Astrov becomes lost in a memory of the community in which there was an epidemic of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vanya announce to everyone else in the room at the beginning of this scene?
2. What happened when Astrov, in his memory, tried to operate on a patient who died on the table?
3. What does the Professor tell Marina as soon as he walks into the house without being let inside?
4. What does Sonya ask Yelena to help her with in regards to her relationship?
5. What does Vanya tell Yelena about the storm that is about to be upon them?
6. What is odd about the Professor's appearance according to Astrov and Vanya?
7. Why does Vanya believe that he is a foolish man after the events of the previous scene?
8. What does Vanya tell everyone to do when he finally reenters the scene with Astrov?
9. Why are Sonya and Astrov out looking for Vanya at this point of the play?
10. What does Astrov fear will happen if Vanya kills himself with a vial of morphine?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)