|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vanya says that he is so __________ with himself for not making more of his life.
2. When Yelena talks to Vanya about his quarreling ways, he starts talks about her ___________.
(c) Feminine wiles.
3. Yelena, it is said, married the Professor when he was already _________.
(b) Set in his ways.
(c) Done with love.
4. Who complains they have had just about enough of the Professor?
5. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
(c) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
2. Astrov returns, now wearing a __________ and a tie when Sonya tells him to have a drink.
3. Sonya talks about how Astrov feels that where __________ are well-tended, the people are more artisitic.
4. When Yelena tells Vanya it's a nice day, what does Vanya say that it is a nice day to do?
5. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Astrov leave the scene when Vanya asks him to leave?
2. What happened when Astrov, in his memory, tried to operate on a patient who died on the table?
3. Who comes into the house from the woods as Astrov, Marina, and Vanya all stand or sit in the main room?
4. What is another function of the bedroom as indicated by the play's details?
5. What does Astrov say when Sonya asks him when he might be back to the estate?
6. What is Vanya's complaint about his life since the Professor and his wife arrived at the house?
7. What does Vanya go out to do in order to make Yelena feel better?
8. What does Astrov fear will happen if Vanya kills himself with a vial of morphine?
9. What does Sonya say has been happening while Vanya has been living his illusions?
10. What does Sonya say she will tell Astrov in order to get him to come into the room?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)