|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ says that even though his wife ran off and left him, he is still faithful to her and to their children.
(d) The Professor.
2. ___________ sees that Vanya is drunk and tells him it's unfitting for someone his age.
3. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
4. Where does the Professor want Yelena to look for a particular book the following day?
(a) His study.
(d) A school.
5. __________ is dozing in chair by a window as Yelena dozes nearby at the beginning of this scene.
(c) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sonya sends Marina off to deal with some of the _____________.
2. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
3. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
4. _________ admits that he is a vile man, even more so when he is drunk.
5. What does Vanya come in to announce is going to happen during this second act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vanya go out to do in order to make Yelena feel better?
2. What is Marina doing as she is sitting at the start of the play in a country home in Russia?
3. What are some of the things Sonya suggests Yelena do if she is really as bored as she seems?
4. What does Vanya tell everyone to do when he finally reenters the scene with Astrov?
5. What happened when Astrov, in his memory, tried to operate on a patient who died on the table?
6. What does Marina think about people who are living a hundred years in the future?
7. What does Yelena think about the fact that Astrov comes around to the house every day instead of monthly?
8. What does Vanya say in response to the Professor's apology to him after he too apologizes?
9. What does Yelena say when Vanya comments that she staggers as she walks from sheer laziness?
10. What does the Professor tell Marina as soon as he walks into the house without being let inside?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)