|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sonya says that it's a shame that she's not __________ as she is so in love with Astrov.
2. ___________ tells Vanya he should spend more time creating harmony and reconciliation.
3. Yelena says that she is a minor __________ in her husband's life, as well as feeling that way in her entire life.
4. ____________ says that even though his wife ran off and left him, he is still faithful to her and to their children.
(c) The Professor.
5. What does Astrov give as his excuse for quickly leaving when Sonya enters the room?
(a) He is supposed to make a phone call.
(b) He doesn't want to see her.
(c) He's not wearing a tie.
(d) He forgot his wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
2. What time does Yelena tell the Professor it is after he wakes up and she wakes up too?
3. What does Sonya point out has gone cold on them as they were speaking?
4. Sonya sends Marina off to deal with some of the _____________.
5. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sonya send Marina off as Maria sits down and reads during this opening scene?
2. What does Yelena do when the Professor wakes up from his nap on the chair?
3. What does the Professor tell Marina as soon as he walks into the house without being let inside?
4. Why are Sonya and Astrov out looking for Vanya at this point of the play?
5. What is the argument that Sonya gives to Vanya in order to encourage him to give back the morphine?
6. What does Sonya come into the room to remind the Professor of?
7. What does Astrov admit to Yelena in reference to his feelings about Sonya when Yelena asks him?
8. What happened when Astrov, in his memory, tried to operate on a patient who died on the table?
9. What does Vanya go out to do in order to make Yelena feel better?
10. What does Vanya announce to everyone when he walks into this second scene of the play?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)