|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second thing that Marina offers to Astrov in order to calm his nerves?
2. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
3. Yelena and Sonya promise to be __________ again after many difficult weeks together.
4. Yelena points out that __________ is obviously in love with Astrov, but she is too shy to talk to him about it.
5. When Yelena tells Vanya it's a nice day, what does Vanya say that it is a nice day to do?
(a) Shoot someone.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Hang one's self.
(d) Go for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vanya says that Yelena is his __________ which is why he is so miserable.
2. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
3. ___________ interrupts Astrov's speech by saying that he still uses wood in his outhouses and fireplaces.
4. Who doesn't Sonya want involved in the drunken binges of Astrov?
5. Who plays on the guitar during this scene as Maria reads the piece of paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Professor tell Marina as soon as he walks into the house without being let inside?
2. What does Yelena tell Vanya he should do after he begins to complain that he's had just about enough of himself?
3. What does Vanya say in his soliloquy about the Professor before the current time and how they supported each other?
4. When Sonya returns, what does Astrov say he needs to do so he has to leave the room?
5. What does Vanya go out to do in order to make Yelena feel better?
6. What is Telegin helping Marina to do at the opening of this scene?
7. Why does Sonya send Marina off as Maria sits down and reads during this opening scene?
8. When does Astrov believe a woman can become a friend of a man?
9. What does Vanya tell everyone to do when he finally reenters the scene with Astrov?
10. What happens when the Professor wakes up from his nap at the start of this scene?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)