|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays on the guitar during this scene as Maria reads the piece of paper?
(d) The Professor.
2. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
3. Astrov reminds ___________ that he is there to see the Professor, who called for the doctor the day before.
4. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
(b) The Professor.
5. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
2. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
3. Sonya sends Marina off to deal with some of the _____________.
4. Who does Yelena say has real talent and a real vision, and that he must be cared for?
5. What does Astrov give as his excuse for quickly leaving when Sonya enters the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Astrov describe the project that he has been working on when he walks into the room?
2. When Marina asks Telegin where the gun is, what does Telegin reply to her?
3. What is the memory that Astrov becomes lost in as he is talking with Marina?
4. When does Astrov believe a woman can become a friend of a man?
5. What does Astrov say when Sonya asks him when he might be back to the estate?
6. What is another function of the bedroom as indicated by the play's details?
7. What does Vanya think about the profession of the Professor?
8. What does Marina recall as she is trying to answer the question of how long she and Astrov have known each other?
9. What does Astrov admit to Yelena in reference to his feelings about Sonya when Yelena asks him?
10. What happened when Astrov, in his memory, tried to operate on a patient who died on the table?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)