|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Professor think will happen if Vanya sits with him for a while?
(a) He will just talk.
(b) He will kill him.
(c) He will sing.
(d) He will play his guitar.
2. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
(a) Lead to children.
(b) Destroy her.
(c) Help her.
(d) Bore her.
3. Vanya notes that he and _________ have slaved for the Professor to keep the farm running profitably.
4. Telegin sits next to Marina and talks about how happy he is because of _____________.
(a) The good weather.
(b) A book.
(c) His new lover.
(d) An inheiritance he received.
5. Who tells the others to go to bed because he has come to sit with the Professor for a while?
(a) A worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
2. Sonya complains that Vanya has been living on his ___________ while she's been working herself to exhaustion.
3. Astrov admits to Vanya that he came back to the house in order to see which character?
4. Who gets offended when Yelena calls him by the wrong name, though he's at the table with her each day?
5. What is the second thing that Marina offers to Astrov in order to calm his nerves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Astrov leave the scene when Vanya asks him to leave?
2. What does Yelena tell Vanya he should do after he begins to complain that he's had just about enough of himself?
3. What does Astrov return to the room with after Sonya has coaxed him into coming over to them?
4. When Marina asks Telegin where the gun is, what does Telegin reply to her?
5. What does Vanya think the reason is for no one arresting him or charging him with attempted murder?
6. What are some of the things Sonya suggests Yelena do if she is really as bored as she seems?
7. What does the Professor tell Marina as soon as he walks into the house without being let inside?
8. What does Astrov admit to Vanya when he enters the scene with Telegin?
9. What does the workman request when he walks into the scene where the rest of the characters are?
10. What does Vanya say in response to the Professor's apology to him after he too apologizes?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)