|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Astrov ask the worker to fetch for him before they head out the door?
(c) A hot dinner.
2. What does Astrov joke about during this opening scene, saying that it is oversized?
3. Who notes that the Professor is fine as she sips her tea after Astrov points out he came to see the Professor?
4. Astrov predicts that by the time it stops ______________, the horse and carriage will be ready.
5. ___________ sees that Vanya is drunk and tells him it's unfitting for someone his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vanya notes that he used to idolize _________, though he does not anymore.
2. Yelena and Sonya promise to be __________ again after many difficult weeks together.
3. Yelena points out that __________ is obviously in love with Astrov, but she is too shy to talk to him about it.
4. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
5. Sonya says that _____________ has been spoiled by women all of his life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is painful for Vanya when he looks at Yelena, according to his own words as he is drunk?
2. What does Vanya announce to everyone when he walks into this second scene of the play?
3. What has Vanya supposedly stolen from Astrov, according to Astrov's accusation?
4. What does Vanya tell everyone to do when he finally reenters the scene with Astrov?
5. How does Astrov describe the project that he has been working on when he walks into the room?
6. What does Vanya think about the profession of the Professor?
7. When Sonya returns, what does Astrov say he needs to do so he has to leave the room?
8. What does Sonya say she will tell Astrov in order to get him to come into the room?
9. What is odd about the Professor's appearance according to Astrov and Vanya?
10. What does Astrov return to the room with after Sonya has coaxed him into coming over to them?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)