|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sonya tells __________ that everybody around this person has changed because of this person.
(a) The Professor.
2. __________ tells Vanya to do as the Professor says during this volatile scene.
3. Vanya kisses the hand of ______________ and asks for forgiveness from her.
4. Sonya says there are a lot of things she could do if she felt like it: work on the __________, visit the sick, etc.
5. Who comes in with Sonya, sad about the events and in tears as the play begins to close?
6. What is Vanya accused of stealing from Astrov, according to Astrov's accusation?
(a) Vial of morphine.
(d) A book.
7. Yelena admits that while finding __________ strange, she is also attracted to him.
(d) The Professor.
8. Sonya tells Vanya they are very far behind with the _____________.
9. The Professor accepts the ___________ of Vanya and Vanya accepts his too.
(d) Account statement.
10. Yelena notes that someone like Astrov is like the bright __________ rising in the midst of the darkness.
11. Sonya tells Vanya she knows he hasn't known __________ in his life.
12. Astrov says that Vanya is not insane, but that Vanya is a ___________.
(a) Good person.
(d) Lost cause.
13. Vanya tells Sonya they must quickly _____________ otherwise he won't be able to go on.
(c) Get to work.
14. Who does Vanya say staggers as she walks out of her own sheer laziness?
15. The reward of working hard is to live a life of joy under a sky all dressed in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yelena tells __________ to help her do everything possible so that she can get away with the Professor immediately.
2. Yelena pleads with her husband to ______________ during this confrontation.
3. Within this final setting is an easel and a table where which character goes to paint?
4. Yelena kisses Vanya's ____________ before she leaves the estate.
5. Vanya points out he's worked like a _______________ to pay off the estate's debts.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)