|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, Astrov believes the downfall of society is being caused by ____________.
2. Yelena kisses Vanya's ____________ before she leaves the estate.
3. Sonya says that she has ___________ and urges Vanya to do that same.
4. Yelena comes in to tell Vanya that ____________ has something to say to him.
(d) The Professor.
5. Who does Vanya say staggers as she walks out of her own sheer laziness?
6. Whose silence is interpreted to mean that Astrov said that he wouldn't be coming back?
(a) The Professor.
7. Astrov says that Vanya is not insane, but that Vanya is a ___________.
(a) Good person.
(b) Lost cause.
8. Who does Sonya ask for help in relation to getting the attention of Astrov?
(b) The Professor.
9. When the harness bells sound, Astrov comments that ___________ must be glad to leave for good.
(a) The Professor.
10. Vanya thinks it was quite foolish of him to shoot at someone ___________ and miss.
(b) Four times.
(d) Three times.
11. The Professor calls Vanya a _______________ and tells him he can have the estate.
12. What does Vanya go out to get in order to help make Yelena feel better?
(c) A necklace.
13. Vanya thinks that because he hasn't been charged with a crime, everyone must think that he is ____________.
(c) Not the criminal.
14. __________ says everything was fine on the estate until the Professor and Yelena showed up.
15. What does Astrov ask Yelena to do after they have their heated encounter?
(a) Meet up in secret.
(b) Run away with him.
(c) Never speak to him again.
(d) Talk to Sonya for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ says they aren't leaving until Vanya returns what he stole.
2. Telegin says that __________ and Astrov are out looking for Vanya after the dramatic events of the previous scene.
3. ____________ announces that he can not handle living in the country anymore.
4. Vanya points out he's worked like a _______________ to pay off the estate's debts.
5. In what room does this particular scene of the play take place?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)