|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yelena asks ____________ how they feel about Sonya in a direct manner.
(a) The Professor.
2. ________ comments to Sonya about how miserable he is as they are working together.
(c) The Professor.
3. Yelena comes in to tell Vanya that ____________ has something to say to him.
(d) The Professor.
4. What does Astrov do to Yelena when she begins to protest her motives and actions?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Spits on her.
(c) Kisses her hands.
(d) Walks away from her in a huff.
5. Astrov says that Vanya is not insane, but that Vanya is a ___________.
(b) Good person.
(d) Lost cause.
6. The Professor accepts the ___________ of Vanya and Vanya accepts his too.
(b) Account statement.
7. When the harness bells sound, Astrov comments that ___________ must be glad to leave for good.
(b) The Professor.
8. Yelena kisses Vanya's ____________ before she leaves the estate.
9. The reward of working hard is to live a life of joy under a sky all dressed in _____________.
10. Sonya says there are a lot of things she could do if she felt like it: work on the __________, visit the sick, etc.
11. Who has stopped working, only to follow Yelena around all day?
(c) The Professor.
12. __________ tells Vanya to do as the Professor says during this volatile scene.
13. Sonya tells Vanya they are very far behind with the _____________.
14. The Professor says that he will not do anything without the consent of ___________.
15. In what room does this particular scene of the play take place?
(d) Drawing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the scene, watching the others, though no one else notices this character?
2. Sonya tells Vanya that she _____________, but she has decided to endure it.
3. Vanya shouts that ___________ is the enemy and that this person has destroyed his life.
4. What does the Professor want to buy with the money he will make off selling the estate?
5. Vanya points out he's worked like a _______________ to pay off the estate's debts.
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)