|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ says everything was fine on the estate until the Professor and Yelena showed up.
2. Yelena notes that someone like Astrov is like the bright __________ rising in the midst of the darkness.
3. Sonya tells __________ that everybody around this person has changed because of this person.
(c) The Professor.
4. Sonya points out that she and Vanya will, in the future, be able to _________.
(c) Have rewards.
5. The Professor calls Vanya a _______________ and tells him he can have the estate.
6. When Yelena protests, Astrov says that she __________ every minute of her actions.
7. Yelena pleads with her husband to ______________ during this confrontation.
(b) Have a heart.
(d) Leave her.
8. Vanya thinks it was quite foolish of him to shoot at someone ___________ and miss.
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
9. Vanya shouts that ___________ is the enemy and that this person has destroyed his life.
(b) The Professor.
10. Who does Sonya ask for help in relation to getting the attention of Astrov?
(c) The Professor.
11. ________ comments to Sonya about how miserable he is as they are working together.
(d) The Professor.
12. Sonya says there are a lot of things she could do if she felt like it: work on the __________, visit the sick, etc.
13. What does Astrov bring into the room, an item which he has been working on during his days?
(a) A painting.
(b) A piece of music.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A map.
14. Astrov says that he ___________ Sonya, but he has no feeling for her as a woman.
(c) Thinks about.
(d) Cares for.
15. Sonya thinks that when they ___________, they will be rewarded.
(b) Grow older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Astrov says that he will not be back to the house again unless there is ______________.
2. __________ tells Vanya to do as the Professor says during this volatile scene.
3. Whose bedroom also serves as the estate office during this last act of the play?
4. Vanya thinks that because he hasn't been charged with a crime, everyone must think that he is ____________.
5. Where does Telegin reveal that he's hidden the gun that Vanya tried to use?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)