|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yelena pleads with her husband to ______________ during this confrontation.
(c) Have a heart.
(d) Leave her.
2. Who chats mindlessly about the weather when they are caught with Yelena?
(b) The Professor.
3. Sonya thinks that when they ___________, they will be rewarded.
(c) Grow older.
4. Who decides to comfort Sonya, who is almost in tears during this scene?
5. Astrov says that Vanya is not insane, but that Vanya is a ___________.
(a) Lost cause.
(d) Good person.
6. Yelena reminds ____________ that he promised to leave when they spoke earlier.
(c) The Professor.
7. Who used to visit the house only once a month, but now comes around every day because of Yelena?
(a) The Professor.
8. __________ says everything was fine on the estate until the Professor and Yelena showed up.
9. What does Astrov ask Yelena to do after they have their heated encounter?
(a) Meet up in secret.
(b) Never speak to him again.
(c) Talk to Sonya for him.
(d) Run away with him.
10. Who does Vanya point out is actually the one who owns the estate?
11. Astrov asks Yelena to reconsider meeting him in ______________ so they can be together.
(a) The forest.
(b) The basement.
(c) The wedding chapel.
(d) The church.
12. Ultimately, Astrov believes the downfall of society is being caused by ____________.
13. Who has stopped working, only to follow Yelena around all day?
(b) The Professor.
14. Astrov says that he will not be back to the house again unless there is ______________.
(a) A fire.
(b) An emergency.
(c) A celebration.
(d) A party.
15. Astrov asks permission to ______________ Yelena before she leaves.
(a) Shake the hand of.
(b) Sleep with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bedroom also serves as the estate office during this last act of the play?
2. Sonya encourages Vanya to keep living, bear the trials, and to work _________.
3. Yelena says that it's only in __________ that people find fulfillment from doing good things for others.
4. The Professor calls Vanya a _______________ and tells him he can have the estate.
5. Vanya tells the Professor that ___________ will run from now on in the same way it always has.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)