|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to help Maria wind wool in order to speed up the process so they can leave?
2. Yelena suggests that Astrov stop _____________ as it hurts Sonya too much.
(a) Talking to her.
(b) Coming by.
(c) Creating maps.
(d) Living with his wife.
3. Telegin goes off to get the ___________ of Astrov in order to finally leave.
4. ___________ comments on the silence of the home and says that he doesn't feel like leaving.
(b) The Professor.
5. Who has asked everyone to gather for some kind of announcement, according to Vanya?
(a) The Professor.
6. After Yelena formally wishes Astrov the best, she suddenly ______________.
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Embraces him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Walks away.
7. Sonya tells Vanya that she _____________, but she has decided to endure it.
(a) Doesn't want to live.
(b) Wants to die.
(c) Is in pain too.
(d) Loves him.
8. What does Maria do when she enters the scene after Marina and Sonya come in?
9. What does Astrov bring into the room, an item which he has been working on during his days?
(a) A painting.
(b) A piece of music.
(c) A map.
(d) A sculpture.
10. Who comes in with Sonya, sad about the events and in tears as the play begins to close?
11. Sonya encourages Vanya to keep living, bear the trials, and to work _________.
12. Yelena pleads with her husband to ______________ during this confrontation.
(a) Leave her.
(d) Have a heart.
13. ________ comments to Sonya about how miserable he is as they are working together.
(a) The Professor.
14. What are some of the characters afraid that Vanya is going to do while he is off by himself?
(a) Steal from a store.
(b) Kill the Professor.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Hop on a train.
15. Sonya points out that she and Vanya will, in the future, be able to _________.
(c) Have rewards.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ announces that he can not handle living in the country anymore.
2. Who convinces Vanya to give back the item which he stole from Astrov?
3. Yelena tells __________ to help her do everything possible so that she can get away with the Professor immediately.
4. Vanya kisses the hand of ______________ and asks for forgiveness from her.
5. Vanya points out he's worked like a _______________ to pay off the estate's debts.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)