|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains they have had just about enough of the Professor?
2. Yelena says that she is a minor __________ in her husband's life, as well as feeling that way in her entire life.
3. Who says that Astrov is perfectly welcome to stay and to wait for the Professor?
4. Yelena, it is said, married the Professor when he was already _________.
(a) Set in his ways.
(c) Done with love.
5. Sonya sends Marina off to deal with some of the _____________.
(a) The salespeople.
(b) Other servants.
(c) Other men.
6. Astrov becomes lost in a memory of the community in which there was an epidemic of ___________.
7. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
(c) United States.
8. Astrov talks about whether people of today will be remembered, and Marina says that _______ will remember.
(b) No one.
9. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
10. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
11. Who makes an exclamation which keeps Telegin and Sonya stay outside?
12. The Professor believes that as he grows older he is becoming more ___________ to himself and to others.
13. Who does the Professor think actually finds him the most offensive of anyone?
14. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) Black overcoat.
(c) Swimming trunks.
(d) Blue jeans.
15. What is the relationship of Telegin to Sonya during the course of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ once had an attack of conscience when he was operating on a patient, thinking that the patient's death was his fault.
2. ___________ sees that Vanya is drunk and tells him it's unfitting for someone his age.
3. Where does the Professor feel serious pain when he wakes up from his sleep?
4. Astrov returns, now wearing a __________ and a tie when Sonya tells him to have a drink.
5. What has Maria received from a writer that she likes and she shares this with the rest of the house?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)