|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets offended when Yelena calls him by the wrong name, though he's at the table with her each day?
2. Who does Yelena say has real talent and a real vision, and that he must be cared for?
(b) The Professsor.
3. Astrov talks to Sonya and tells her that he sees his life as a dark ___________.
4. What happened to the other man that Telegin's wife was seeing at one point?
(a) No one knows.
(b) He left her.
(c) He died.
(d) He married her.
5. When Astrov is pacing by Marina, what does Marina first offer to him in order to calm him?
6. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
7. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
(a) Help her.
(b) Destroy her.
(c) Lead to children.
(d) Bore her.
8. Where is the beginning of Act Two set as the play opens again?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The office.
(c) The bedroom.
9. A workman enters the scene and asks for _________ as they need him at the factory.
(c) The Professor.
10. Who does the Professor think actually finds him the most offensive of anyone?
11. Who tells the others to go to bed because he has come to sit with the Professor for a while?
(d) A worker.
12. Who becomes angry when Vanya says they have decided to live at the house?
(b) The Professor.
13. Yelena says the reason she and Vanya are friends is because they are both very ________.
14. What does Yelena put on the Professor as it has fallen off of his as he slept?
(c) His sweater.
15. Vanya says the Yelena is faithful in her marriage, but her faithfulness is _______________.
(a) The truth.
(b) Wearing away.
(d) A duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
2. What does Sonya point out has gone cold on them as they were speaking?
3. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
4. Who makes an exclamation which keeps Telegin and Sonya stay outside?
5. What does the Professor wonder aloud as he is waking up and talking to Yelena?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)