|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vanya notes that he used to idolize _________, though he does not anymore.
(a) Josef Stalin.
(b) The Professor.
(d) Karl Marx.
2. Vanya says that Yelena is his __________ which is why he is so miserable.
3. Who does Astrov invite to drop in on him at his small estate, and this person says that staying in the trees can not be exciting?
(b) The Professor.
4. Who complains they have had just about enough of the Professor?
5. Astrov talks about whether people of today will be remembered, and Marina says that _______ will remember.
(a) No one.
6. What does Vanya's mother do as everyone else is talking during the scene after she enters?
(a) Begins to settle the accounts.
(b) Sits in a corner and reads.
(c) Cleans up the table.
(d) Starts making dinner.
7. Yelena and Sonya promise to be __________ again after many difficult weeks together.
8. Yelena points out that __________ is obviously in love with Astrov, but she is too shy to talk to him about it.
9. Vanya says that he is so __________ with himself for not making more of his life.
10. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
11. Astrov and Vanya both comment on the beauty of ___________ as well as on the overcoat of the Professor.
12. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
(a) United States.
13. Who does Yelena admit to being interested in as she and Sonya talk about relationships?
14. Who doesn't Sonya want involved in the drunken binges of Astrov?
15. Astrov admits to Vanya that he came back to the house in order to see which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
2. Astrov predicts that by the time it stops ______________, the horse and carriage will be ready.
3. Astrov talks to Sonya and tells her that he sees his life as a dark ___________.
4. ___________ interrupts Astrov's speech by saying that he still uses wood in his outhouses and fireplaces.
5. The Professor believes that as he grows older he is becoming more ___________ to himself and to others.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)