|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yelena says that Astrov is right, people don't just destroy forests, they also destroy ____________.
(a) Other people.
2. What does Astrov give as his excuse for quickly leaving when Sonya enters the room?
(a) He is supposed to make a phone call.
(b) He doesn't want to see her.
(c) He forgot his wallet.
(d) He's not wearing a tie.
3. The Professor believes that as he grows older he is becoming more ___________ to himself and to others.
4. Who plays on the guitar during this scene as Maria reads the piece of paper?
(b) The Professor.
5. Where does the Professor want Yelena to look for a particular book the following day?
(b) His study.
(d) A school.
6. __________ is dozing in chair by a window as Yelena dozes nearby at the beginning of this scene.
(c) The Professor.
7. Vanya believes that all of his feelings, including those he has for __________ are being wasted.
8. Where does the Professor want his tea sent as he has a lot of work to do?
(a) The library.
(b) The basement.
(c) His study.
(d) The kitchen.
9. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
10. Astrov returns, now wearing a __________ and a tie when Sonya tells him to have a drink.
(d) Military jacket.
11. Yelena points out that __________ is obviously in love with Astrov, but she is too shy to talk to him about it.
12. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
(d) The Professor.
13. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
(a) Help her.
(b) Lead to children.
(c) Destroy her.
(d) Bore her.
14. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
15. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
(b) Pot holder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Astrov talks to Sonya and tells her that he sees his life as a dark ___________.
2. Astrov gives his word to Sonya that he will not ___________ anymore as they are talking.
3. What does the Professor wonder aloud as he is waking up and talking to Yelena?
4. When Astrov is pacing by Marina, what does Marina first offer to him in order to calm him?
5. Astrov reminds ___________ that he is there to see the Professor, who called for the doctor the day before.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)