|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to know when Astrov will be back from the work issue he needs to handle?
2. Sonya says that it's a shame that she's not __________ as she is so in love with Astrov.
3. What does the Professor think will happen if Vanya sits with him for a while?
(a) He will just talk.
(b) He will sing.
(c) He will play his guitar.
(d) He will kill him.
4. What is the relationship of Telegin to Sonya during the course of this play?
5. What happened to the other man that Telegin's wife was seeing at one point?
(a) He married her.
(b) No one knows.
(c) He died.
(d) He left her.
6. Where does the Professor want his tea sent as he has a lot of work to do?
(a) His study.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The basement.
(d) The library.
7. Astrov talks to Sonya and tells her that he sees his life as a dark ___________.
8. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
9. Yelena, it is said, married the Professor when he was already _________.
(a) Done with love.
(d) Set in his ways.
10. ___________ interrupts Astrov's speech by saying that he still uses wood in his outhouses and fireplaces.
11. Astrov talks about whether people of today will be remembered, and Marina says that _______ will remember.
(b) No one.
12. Who says that Astrov is perfectly welcome to stay and to wait for the Professor?
13. Sonya says that _____________ has been spoiled by women all of his life.
(d) The Professor.
14. Where does the Professor feel serious pain when he wakes up from his sleep?
15. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
(d) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
2. Where is the beginning of Act Two set as the play opens again?
3. The Professor believes that as he grows older he is becoming more ___________ to himself and to others.
4. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
5. What time does Yelena tell the Professor it is after he wakes up and she wakes up too?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)