|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yelena say has real talent and a real vision, and that he must be cared for?
(b) The Professsor.
2. When Yelena talks to Vanya about his quarreling ways, he starts talks about her ___________.
(c) Feminine wiles.
3. ___________ sees that Vanya is drunk and tells him it's unfitting for someone his age.
4. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
5. Vanya says that the __________ will bring everything in nature back to life, but won't revive him.
6. Yelena says that she is a minor __________ in her husband's life, as well as feeling that way in her entire life.
7. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
8. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
9. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) Swimming trunks.
(d) Black overcoat.
10. Who wants to know when Astrov will be back from the work issue he needs to handle?
11. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
(b) United States.
12. Where does the Professor want Yelena to look for a particular book the following day?
(b) His study.
(d) A school.
13. The Professor believes that as he grows older he is becoming more ___________ to himself and to others.
14. What does Vanya come in to announce is going to happen during this second act?
(a) A tax audit.
(b) A storm.
(c) A soldier visit.
(d) A new baby.
15. Who makes an exclamation which keeps Telegin and Sonya stay outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes angry when Vanya says they have decided to live at the house?
2. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
3. What does the Professor think will happen if Vanya sits with him for a while?
4. Astrov gives his word to Sonya that he will not ___________ anymore as they are talking.
5. What does the Professor wonder aloud as he is waking up and talking to Yelena?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)