|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Telegin sits next to Marina and talks about how happy he is because of _____________.
(a) His new lover.
(b) An inheiritance he received.
(c) The good weather.
(d) A book.
2. Astrov predicts that by the time it stops ______________, the horse and carriage will be ready.
3. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
4. Sonya talks about how Astrov feels that where __________ are well-tended, the people are more artisitic.
5. What does Sonya reveal that the Astrov does every year and that he has been recognized for doing?
(a) Giving money to the poor.
(b) Feeding people.
(c) Planting new trees.
(d) Open his home to orphans.
6. Vanya says that Yelena is his __________ which is why he is so miserable.
7. What does Yelena notice as Vanya is talking so she sends him off to bed?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) It is very late.
(c) She is not feeling very well.
(d) He is sick.
8. What does Vanya's mother do as everyone else is talking during the scene after she enters?
(a) Begins to settle the accounts.
(b) Cleans up the table.
(c) Sits in a corner and reads.
(d) Starts making dinner.
9. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
(a) Destroy her.
(b) Lead to children.
(c) Help her.
(d) Bore her.
10. Who plays on the guitar during this scene as Maria reads the piece of paper?
(a) The Professor.
11. ___________ tells Vanya he should spend more time creating harmony and reconciliation.
12. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) Black overcoat.
(d) Swimming trunks.
13. ____________ says that even though his wife ran off and left him, he is still faithful to her and to their children.
(b) The Professor.
14. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
(d) United States.
15. Yelena, it is said, married the Professor when he was already _________.
(a) Set in his ways.
(d) Done with love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vanya come in to announce is going to happen during this second act?
2. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
3. ___________ sees that Vanya is drunk and tells him it's unfitting for someone his age.
4. What does Yelena put on the Professor as it has fallen off of his as he slept?
5. Who notes that the Professor is fine as she sips her tea after Astrov points out he came to see the Professor?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)