|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to know when Astrov will be back from the work issue he needs to handle?
2. ____________ once had an attack of conscience when he was operating on a patient, thinking that the patient's death was his fault.
(d) The Professor.
3. Telegin sits next to Marina and talks about how happy he is because of _____________.
(a) A book.
(b) The good weather.
(c) An inheiritance he received.
(d) His new lover.
4. What does the Professor think will happen if Vanya sits with him for a while?
(a) He will play his guitar.
(b) He will sing.
(c) He will just talk.
(d) He will kill him.
5. Vanya believes that all of his feelings, including those he has for __________ are being wasted.
6. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
7. Vanya says the Yelena is faithful in her marriage, but her faithfulness is _______________.
(a) The truth.
(b) A duty.
(c) Wearing away.
8. What does Sonya reveal that the Astrov does every year and that he has been recognized for doing?
(a) Giving money to the poor.
(b) Open his home to orphans.
(c) Planting new trees.
(d) Feeding people.
9. Yelena and Sonya promise to be __________ again after many difficult weeks together.
10. What does Yelena put on the Professor as it has fallen off of his as he slept?
(a) His sweater.
11. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) Swimming trunks.
(b) Black overcoat.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) Blue jeans.
12. The Professor believes that as he grows older he is becoming more ___________ to himself and to others.
13. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
(b) The Professor.
14. Vanya says that he is so __________ with himself for not making more of his life.
15. Who does Astrov invite to drop in on him at his small estate, and this person says that staying in the trees can not be exciting?
(a) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yelena tells Vanya it's a nice day, what does Vanya say that it is a nice day to do?
2. Sonya says that _____________ has been spoiled by women all of his life.
3. ________ tells the Professor to stop being so difficult at this point of the play.
4. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
5. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)