|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria say that Vanya used to have, but does not have anymore - and Vanya agrees with her?
(a) A smile.
(b) A purpose.
(c) A gun.
2. Sonya complains that Vanya has been living on his ___________ while she's been working herself to exhaustion.
3. What does Sonya point out has gone cold on them as they were speaking?
4. When Yelena talks to Vanya about his quarreling ways, he starts talks about her ___________.
(b) Feminine wiles.
5. Vanya complains that ever since ___________ and his wife arrived, the schedule has not be right around the house.
6. Astrov admits to Vanya that he came back to the house in order to see which character?
7. What does the Professor wonder aloud as he is waking up and talking to Yelena?
(a) Why he is short of breath.
(b) Why he is so old.
(c) Why he can not move.
(d) Why she loves him.
8. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
(d) The Professor.
9. Who does Yelena admit to being interested in as she and Sonya talk about relationships?
10. Sonya says that _____________ has been spoiled by women all of his life.
(c) The Professor.
11. What has Maria received from a writer that she likes and she shares this with the rest of the house?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A picture.
(d) A personal letter.
12. ___________ tells Vanya he should spend more time creating harmony and reconciliation.
13. Who says that Astrov is perfectly welcome to stay and to wait for the Professor?
14. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
(c) Pot holder.
15. Vanya believes that all of his feelings, including those he has for __________ are being wasted.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ says that even though his wife ran off and left him, he is still faithful to her and to their children.
2. Who comes in to remind the Professor that he asked to see Astrov?
3. Yelena says that she is a minor __________ in her husband's life, as well as feeling that way in her entire life.
4. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
5. Who complains they have had just about enough of the Professor?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)