|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the beginning of Act Two set as the play opens again?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The office.
(d) The bedroom.
2. Who does Yelena admit to being interested in as she and Sonya talk about relationships?
3. Vanya believes that all of his feelings, including those he has for __________ are being wasted.
4. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
5. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
6. Astrov admits to Vanya that he came back to the house in order to see which character?
7. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
(c) The Professor.
8. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
9. What does Yelena notice as Vanya is talking so she sends him off to bed?
(a) She is not feeling very well.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is sick.
(d) It is very late.
10. Astrov and Vanya both comment on the beauty of ___________ as well as on the overcoat of the Professor.
11. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
12. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) Black overcoat.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) Swimming trunks.
(d) A tuxedo.
13. Vanya thinks the Professor writes books about _________ without knowing anything about it.
14. What does Astrov joke about during this opening scene, saying that it is oversized?
15. Who makes an exclamation which keeps Telegin and Sonya stay outside?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria say that Vanya used to have, but does not have anymore - and Vanya agrees with her?
2. Vanya notes that he and _________ have slaved for the Professor to keep the farm running profitably.
3. What does Astrov ask the worker to fetch for him before they head out the door?
4. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
5. What does Telegin bring with him as he and Astrov return home, slightly drunk?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)