|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yelena and Sonya promise to be __________ again after many difficult weeks together.
2. Yelena says the reason she and Vanya are friends is because they are both very ________.
3. Who does the Professor think actually finds him the most offensive of anyone?
4. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
(a) Help her.
(b) Lead to children.
(c) Destroy her.
(d) Bore her.
5. ___________ interrupts Astrov's speech by saying that he still uses wood in his outhouses and fireplaces.
6. Who does Yelena say has real talent and a real vision, and that he must be cared for?
(d) The Professsor.
7. When Astrov is pacing by Marina, what does Marina first offer to him in order to calm him?
8. Who notes that the Professor is fine as she sips her tea after Astrov points out he came to see the Professor?
9. ________ tells Sonya he will not listen to any phone calls from the Professor anymore.
10. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
(b) The Professor.
11. What does Astrov joke about during this opening scene, saying that it is oversized?
12. Sonya complains that Vanya has been living on his ___________ while she's been working herself to exhaustion.
13. Vanya complains that ever since ___________ and his wife arrived, the schedule has not be right around the house.
14. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
(d) Pot holder.
15. Sonya talks about how Astrov feels that where __________ are well-tended, the people are more artisitic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays on the guitar during this scene as Maria reads the piece of paper?
2. Astrov gives his word to Sonya that he will not ___________ anymore as they are talking.
3. What does Telegin bring with him as he and Astrov return home, slightly drunk?
4. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
5. ____________ says that even though his wife ran off and left him, he is still faithful to her and to their children.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)