|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets offended when Yelena calls him by the wrong name, though he's at the table with her each day?
2. Who becomes angry when Vanya says they have decided to live at the house?
(d) The Professor.
3. The Professors tells Vanya to go, that they used to be ____________ and will talk another time.
4. When Yelena tells Vanya it's a nice day, what does Vanya say that it is a nice day to do?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Shoot someone.
(c) Hang one's self.
(d) Get a job.
5. Who notes that the Professor is fine as she sips her tea after Astrov points out he came to see the Professor?
6. What does Vanya's mother do as everyone else is talking during the scene after she enters?
(a) Sits in a corner and reads.
(b) Begins to settle the accounts.
(c) Starts making dinner.
(d) Cleans up the table.
7. ____________ once had an attack of conscience when he was operating on a patient, thinking that the patient's death was his fault.
(a) The Professor.
8. Who plays on the guitar during this scene as Maria reads the piece of paper?
(a) The Professor.
9. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
10. Vanya says that the __________ will bring everything in nature back to life, but won't revive him.
11. Vanya says that Yelena is his __________ which is why he is so miserable.
12. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
13. Sonya says that it's a shame that she's not __________ as she is so in love with Astrov.
14. Astrov admits to Vanya that he came back to the house in order to see which character?
15. What is the second thing that Marina offers to Astrov in order to calm his nerves?
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ admits that he is a vile man, even more so when he is drunk.
2. What does the Professor ask Sonya to pass him, after which he says she's given him the wrong stuff?
3. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
4. Where does the Professor want Yelena to look for a particular book the following day?
5. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)