|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Astrov give as his excuse for quickly leaving when Sonya enters the room?
(a) He forgot his wallet.
(b) He is supposed to make a phone call.
(c) He doesn't want to see her.
(d) He's not wearing a tie.
2. What does the Professor wonder aloud as he is waking up and talking to Yelena?
(a) Why he is so old.
(b) Why he can not move.
(c) Why she loves him.
(d) Why he is short of breath.
3. What happened to the other man that Telegin's wife was seeing at one point?
(a) He died.
(b) He married her.
(c) He left her.
(d) No one knows.
4. ___________ interrupts Astrov's speech by saying that he still uses wood in his outhouses and fireplaces.
5. What does Telegin bring with him as he and Astrov return home, slightly drunk?
6. Astrov talks to Sonya and tells her that he sees his life as a dark ___________.
7. What does Sonya point out has gone cold on them as they were speaking?
8. Astrov predicts that by the time it stops ______________, the horse and carriage will be ready.
9. Who does the Professor think actually finds him the most offensive of anyone?
10. Astrov admits to Vanya that he came back to the house in order to see which character?
11. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
12. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
(d) Pot holder.
13. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
(b) The Professor.
14. What does Yelena put on the Professor as it has fallen off of his as he slept?
(a) His sweater.
15. Who doesn't Sonya want involved in the drunken binges of Astrov?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes angry when Vanya says they have decided to live at the house?
2. What time does Yelena tell the Professor it is after he wakes up and she wakes up too?
3. What is the relationship of Telegin to Sonya during the course of this play?
4. Who complains they have had just about enough of the Professor?
5. When Astrov is pacing by Marina, what does Marina first offer to him in order to calm him?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)