Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays on the guitar during this scene as Maria reads the piece of paper?
(b) The Professor.
2. What does Astrov give as his excuse for quickly leaving when Sonya enters the room?
(a) He's not wearing a tie.
(b) He forgot his wallet.
(c) He doesn't want to see her.
(d) He is supposed to make a phone call.
3. Vanya says that he is so __________ with himself for not making more of his life.
4. What has Maria received from a writer that she likes and she shares this with the rest of the house?
(a) A picture.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A personal letter.
(d) A phone call.
5. What does Yelena notice as Vanya is talking so she sends him off to bed?
(a) He is sick.
(b) It is very late.
(c) She is not feeling very well.
(d) He is drunk.
6. Astrov becomes lost in a memory of the community in which there was an epidemic of ___________.
7. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
8. Telegin sits next to Marina and talks about how happy he is because of _____________.
(a) His new lover.
(b) A book.
(c) An inheiritance he received.
(d) The good weather.
9. Who notes that the Professor is fine as she sips her tea after Astrov points out he came to see the Professor?
10. What does Maria say that Vanya used to have, but does not have anymore - and Vanya agrees with her?
(a) A smile.
(b) A purpose.
(c) A gun.
11. Where does the Professor want his tea sent as he has a lot of work to do?
(a) His study.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The library.
(d) The basement.
12. Who asks Telegin to begin playing music, though he is quickly told not to by another character?
13. Who comes in to open the window and let in the fresh air that blows after the storm?
(a) The Professor.
14. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
(c) The Professor.
15. ____________ says that even though his wife ran off and left him, he is still faithful to her and to their children.
(b) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
2. What is the second thing that Marina offers to Astrov in order to calm his nerves?
3. Vanya says that Yelena is his __________ which is why he is so miserable.
4. Who does Yelena admit to being interested in as she and Sonya talk about relationships?
5. Sonya sends Marina off to deal with some of the _____________.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)