|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Professor believes that as he grows older he is becoming more ___________ to himself and to others.
2. __________ says that a woman can only be a friend once they have been an acquaintance and then a mistress.
(d) The Professor.
3. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
(d) Pot holder.
4. Astrov predicts that by the time it stops ______________, the horse and carriage will be ready.
5. Astrov becomes lost in a memory of the community in which there was an epidemic of ___________.
6. Vanya says that the __________ will bring everything in nature back to life, but won't revive him.
7. The Professors tells Vanya to go, that they used to be ____________ and will talk another time.
8. What is the relationship of Telegin to Sonya during the course of this play?
9. A workman enters the scene and asks for _________ as they need him at the factory.
(a) The Professor.
10. What happened to the other man that Telegin's wife was seeing at one point?
(a) He died.
(b) He left her.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He married her.
11. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) Blue jeans.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) Swimming trunks.
(d) Black overcoat.
12. Vanya complains that ever since ___________ and his wife arrived, the schedule has not be right around the house.
13. Who tells the others to go to bed because he has come to sit with the Professor for a while?
(a) A worker.
14. ___________ sees that Vanya is drunk and tells him it's unfitting for someone his age.
15. What does Sonya reveal that the Astrov does every year and that he has been recognized for doing?
(a) Open his home to orphans.
(b) Giving money to the poor.
(c) Planting new trees.
(d) Feeding people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yelena promises Sonya she really did marry the Professor for __________, in conflict with Sonya's suspicions.
2. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
3. Telegin sits next to Marina and talks about how happy he is because of _____________.
4. Where does the Professor want Yelena to look for a particular book the following day?
5. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)