|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the beginning of Act Two set as the play opens again?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The office.
(d) The bedroom.
2. Yelena says that Astrov is right, people don't just destroy forests, they also destroy ____________.
(b) Other people.
3. Vanya notes that he and _________ have slaved for the Professor to keep the farm running profitably.
4. Sonya says that it's a shame that she's not __________ as she is so in love with Astrov.
5. Yelena suggests that being with Vanya would ____________ as Vanya just wants to possess her.
(a) Lead to children.
(b) Destroy her.
(c) Bore her.
(d) Help her.
6. What do Yelena and Sonya share together as a way to celebrate their new friendship?
7. Vanya notes that he used to idolize _________, though he does not anymore.
(a) Josef Stalin.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) The Professor.
8. Vanya says the Yelena is faithful in her marriage, but her faithfulness is _______________.
(b) A duty.
(c) The truth.
(d) Wearing away.
9. _________ admits that he is a vile man, even more so when he is drunk.
(d) The Professor.
10. What is the Professor wearing when he enters the scene with his wife?
(a) Black overcoat.
(b) Blue jeans.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) Swimming trunks.
11. When Yelena tells Vanya it's a nice day, what does Vanya say that it is a nice day to do?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Shoot someone.
(d) Hang one's self.
12. Who notes that the Professor is fine as she sips her tea after Astrov points out he came to see the Professor?
13. ____________ once had an attack of conscience when he was operating on a patient, thinking that the patient's death was his fault.
(a) The Professor.
14. What does Yelena put on the Professor as it has fallen off of his as he slept?
(c) His sweater.
15. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Telegin points out that he still has __________ while his wife has nothing in her life and decisions.
2. Who complains they have had just about enough of the Professor?
3. ________ could have proposed marriage to Yelena before she met her current husband, though he did not.
4. What does Maria say that Vanya used to have, but does not have anymore - and Vanya agrees with her?
5. Vanya complains that ever since ___________ and his wife arrived, the schedule has not be right around the house.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)