1. What is the country in which this play, "Uncle Vanya," is set?
2. What is Marina knitting when the scene opens during the first act of the play?
3. When Astrov is pacing by Marina, what does Marina first offer to him in order to calm him?
4. What is the second thing that Marina offers to Astrov in order to calm his nerves?
5. Astrov says that he drinks because __________ is a dull, stupid, dirty business.
6. What does Astrov joke about during this opening scene, saying that it is oversized?
7. Astrov becomes lost in a memory of the community in which there was an epidemic of ___________.
8. Astrov talks about whether people of today will be remembered, and Marina says that _______ will remember.
This section contains 3,708 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)