Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1 Abstract
* Marina and Astrov talk to each other as Marina knits.
* Vanya enters and complains about life being off its routine.
* Astrov reminds Yelena that he is there to see the Professor.
* Maria notes she's received a pamphlet from a writer she likes.
* A workman comes in and tells Astrov he is needed at the...
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)