Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Legree's former mistress?
2. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
3. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
4. Who greets Eliza with the words, "darling, I'm your mother!"
5. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes of Uncle Tom's Cabin explores man's inhumanity to his fellow man. Discuss this theme by referring to specific incidents in the novel or relationships that expand on this theme.
Essay Topic 2
In the world of Uncle Tom's Cabin slavery is legal, escaping a plantation is illegal, being a slave catcher is a job, and as such, it is legal. How does Stowe explore the theme of legality versus morality through what we learn happens on plantations, the consequences of escaping, and the responsibilities slave catching?
Essay Topic 3
One of the necessary components of a tragic hero is that he dies. In Uncle Tom's Cabin, Tom dies. If the reader accepts that Tom is a hero, what other qualities of a hero does Tom exemplify?
Conversely, you may decide that Tom is not a hero. If so, refer to specific incidents or quotations that support your view.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)