Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Legree's former mistress?
2. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
3. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
4. Who greets Eliza with the words, "darling, I'm your mother!"
5. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes of Uncle Tom's Cabin explores man's inhumanity to his fellow man. Discuss this theme by referring to specific incidents in the novel or relationships that expand on this theme.
Essay Topic 2
There are several characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin who exemplify courage; conversely, there are several who exemplify cowardice. Identify these characters as their depiction of courage or cowardice. Then specifically refer to what actions or words of theirs come to embody these qualities and define courage and cowardice.
Essay Topic 3
Stowe has the frail, wealthy white child, Eva befriend and defend Topsy, the abused and incorrigible slave child who is with her family. Explain what purpose their contrasting characters and relationship has in furthering Stowe's feelings about slavery, morality, and religion.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)