Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Legree's former mistress?
2. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
3. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
4. Who greets Eliza with the words, "darling, I'm your mother!"
5. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
Uncle Tom's Cabin, a novel that exposed slavery was written in 1852; the Declaration of Independence written in 1776 declared "all mean are created equal." While the existence of slavery was proof that all men were not created equal, what evidence is there in the novel that all men were, in fact, created equal?
Once Tom is sold to the St. Clare family, he and little Eva St. Clare develop a true friendship.
a. What is the common bond of these two characters?
b. How does their friendship help Stowe's argument that slavery is inherently inhumane?
c. How is it significant that both of these characters die?
Stowe has the frail, wealthy white child, Eva befriend and defend Topsy, the abused and incorrigible slave child who is with her family. Explain what purpose their contrasting characters and relationship has in furthering Stowe's feelings about slavery, morality, and religion.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)