Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Legree's former mistress?
2. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
3. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
4. Who greets Eliza with the words, "darling, I'm your mother!"
5. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
Essay Topic 1
In the world of Uncle Tom's Cabin slavery is legal, escaping a plantation is illegal, being a slave catcher is a job, and as such, it is legal. How does Stowe explore the theme of legality versus morality through what we learn happens on plantations, the consequences of escaping, and the responsibilities slave catching?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters that most embody love and why this theme of love is so important to an anti-slavery novel.
Essay Topic 3
The subject of religion, specifically Christianity, abounds in Uncle Tom's Cabin. Discuss how Stowe's characterization of Uncle Tom embodied the principles of Christianity--namely that of faith, forgiveness, compassion, and belief in an afterlife. Refer to specific instances from the novel to illustrate these various components of Christianity.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)