|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
(a) Eliza is her sister and that she is free in Canada.
(b) Eliza is her daughter and that she is free in Canada.
(c) George is her son and that he is free in Canada.
(d) George is her brother and that he is free in Canada.
2. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
(a) Aunt Dorcas.
(b) Miss Sandusky.
(c) Miss Halliday.
(d) Miss Smyth.
3. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
(b) Playing with dolls.
(d) Uncle Tom.
4. Who is Legree's former mistress?
5. As Chapter 29 ends, where is Tom on his way to?
(a) The Shelby home.
(b) The ferry boat to meet his wife and children.
(c) The ferry boat to see Miss Ophelia off.
(d) The slave auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 45, what advice does Stowe give to the white mothers of the North?
2. What are Miss Ophelia's plans for Topsy's future?
3. Who tries to convince Tom that it would be advantageous to him to burn his Bible?
4. According to Chapter 45, which characters are drawn from real people aboard the schooner named Pearl?
5. In a heated discussion with Miss Ophelia, what does Mrs. St. Clare say she would have done to Topsy?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)