|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(b) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
(c) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(d) Find another woman to marry.
2. Who is Legree's former mistress?
3. After the death on the Shelby plantation, who travels from the Shelby plantation to the Legree plantation?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Young Master George.
(c) Aunt Chloe.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
4. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
(a) A horrid cook.
(b) Good, but not as good as Aunt Chloe.
(c) A self-taught, kitchen genius.
(d) A better cook than Aunt Chloe.
5. In the author's last chapter in which she discusses the sources for her novel, who does she say told Stowe of the story of "old Pru?"
(a) Her editor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George, Eliza and Harry finally reach Canada, what is the name of the Canadian town where the boat they are on docks?
2. When the reader is returned to the story line of George and his family in Chapter 43, where in Canada are they living?
3. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
4. At Legree's plantation, who does Simon Legree beat for singing?
5. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)