|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of Chapter 41, whose suffering from being beaten does Quimbo and Sambo witness?
(c) Cassy's and Emmeline's.
2. What are Miss Ophelia's plans for Topsy's future?
(a) To teach her to read so that she can teach other slaves.
(b) To ask for Mrs. St. Clare's help in raising Topsy.
(c) To have Topsy move into Eva's old room.
(d) To take her back to Vermont with her.
3. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(d) Playing with dolls.
4. What is it that Aunt Chloe has saved to proudly show Tom when he returns?
(a) A Bible Mrs. Shelby gave her.
(b) A record of the money she earned.
(c) A quilt she made for him.
(d) Money that was left to her in Mr. Shelby's will.
5. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) A warm coat.
(b) Her own cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
2. Who is the "quadroon" that is the subject of chapter 34 entitled "The Quadroon's Story?"
3. According to Chapter 45, which characters are drawn from real people aboard the schooner named Pearl?
4. While Tom is a slave on the Legree plantation, who tries to convince Tom to kill Legree?
5. When a character tries to convince Tom that he should kill Legree, what is the weapon that the person recommends?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)