|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
(a) Mrs. St. Clare's.
(b) Uncle Tom's.
2. At the end of Chapter 45, who does Stowe say will have "a heavy account to answer?"
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The Northerners who did nothing to fight slavery.
(c) The Christian church.
(d) The Southern slave owners.
3. When Cassy and Emmeline hatch a plan to escape from the Legree plantation, how do Cassy and Emmeline disguise themselves?
(a) As French.
(b) As ghosts.
(c) As Mexicans.
(d) As Spaniards.
4. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
5. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
(a) She knows nothing about business.
(b) She is learning more about the business of the plantation every day.
(c) She is a business genius.
(d) He thinks she should take a business course.
6. At the conclusion of Chapter 41, whose suffering from being beaten does Quimbo and Sambo witness?
(a) Cassy's and Emmeline's.
7. Who is Legree's former mistress?
8. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
(a) Tries to play with Eva and Eva's toys.
(b) Cuts up her bonnets and makes doll's jackets from them.
(c) Refuses to eat the food that the other slaves eat.
(d) Has a tantrum and throws things around Miss Ophelia's room.
9. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(c) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
(d) Being with his wife and children.
10. What is it that Aunt Chloe has saved to proudly show Tom when he returns?
(a) Money that was left to her in Mr. Shelby's will.
(b) A Bible Mrs. Shelby gave her.
(c) A record of the money she earned.
(d) A quilt she made for him.
11. What area of his own house does Legree come to believe is haunted?
(a) The library.
(b) The garret.
(c) The cellar.
(d) Cassy's room.
12. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
(c) Lake Pontchartrain.
13. When George, Eliza and Harry finally reach Canada, what is the name of the Canadian town where the boat they are on docks?
14. When George and his family are established in Canada, what is it that George specifically says he wants more than anything?
(a) A home near the ocean.
(b) His own business.
(c) An education.
(d) A home in the mountains.
15. Once Emmeline is at the Legree plantation, what does Emmeline try to convince another woman to do with her?
(a) Poison Legree.
(b) Burn the mansion.
(d) Put ground glass in Legree's food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Canada, what is George's occupation?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 41, who dies on the Shelby plantation?
3. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
4. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
5. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)