|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
(b) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(c) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(d) On the Red River in Mississippi.
2. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
(a) George is her brother and that he is free in Canada.
(b) Eliza is her daughter and that she is free in Canada.
(c) George is her son and that he is free in Canada.
(d) Eliza is her sister and that she is free in Canada.
3. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
(a) Asks him not to touch her.
(b) Pushes him away.
(d) Asks her mother to stop him.
4. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Mrs. St. Clare, her mother.
(c) Mr. St. Clare, her father.
(d) Miss Ophelia.
5. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are divided up among other slaves.
(b) They are burned.
(c) They are made fun of.
(d) They are sold.
6. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
(b) Lake Pontchartrain.
7. What is it that Aunt Chloe has saved to proudly show Tom when he returns?
(a) A quilt she made for him.
(b) Money that was left to her in Mr. Shelby's will.
(c) A record of the money she earned.
(d) A Bible Mrs. Shelby gave her.
8. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) Directions to the nearest city.
(b) A pass and a recommendation.
(c) Directions to New Orleans.
(d) A letter to Tom.
9. Who is Dodo?
(a) A slave that belongs to a visiting child.
(b) A pet dog.
(c) A slave whom Eva meets at the lake.
(d) A pet bird.
10. In a heated discussion with Miss Ophelia, what does Mrs. St. Clare say she would have done to Topsy?
(a) Slapped her face.
(b) Read the Bible to her.
(c) Sent her to her cabin without dinner.
(d) Whipped her.
11. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
(a) A self-taught, kitchen genius.
(b) A horrid cook.
(c) A better cook than Aunt Chloe.
(d) Good, but not as good as Aunt Chloe.
12. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
(a) Cuts up her bonnets and makes doll's jackets from them.
(b) Has a tantrum and throws things around Miss Ophelia's room.
(c) Tries to play with Eva and Eva's toys.
(d) Refuses to eat the food that the other slaves eat.
13. When Cassy and Emmeline hatch a plan to escape from the Legree plantation, how do Cassy and Emmeline disguise themselves?
(a) As Mexicans.
(b) As French.
(c) As ghosts.
(d) As Spaniards.
14. Who tries to convince Tom that it would be advantageous to him to burn his Bible?
(b) Simon Legree.
15. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
(c) Mrs. St. Clare's.
(d) Uncle Tom's.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tom is a slave on the Legree plantation, who tries to convince Tom to kill Legree?
2. From whom does the reader learn that a black person's testimony as witness in a trial means nothing?
3. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
4. At the conclusion of Chapter 41, whose suffering from being beaten does Quimbo and Sambo witness?
5. After the death on the Shelby plantation, who travels from the Shelby plantation to the Legree plantation?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)