|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
(d) Kentucky City.
2. As Chapter 29 ends, where is Tom on his way to?
(a) The Shelby home.
(b) The slave auction.
(c) The ferry boat to meet his wife and children.
(d) The ferry boat to see Miss Ophelia off.
3. Whose funeral takes place in Chapter 29 entitled "The Unprotected?"
(a) Marie St. Clare's.
(c) Augustine St. Clare's.
(d) Miss Ophelia's.
4. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(b) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(c) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
(d) On the Red River in Mississippi.
5. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
(a) Ms. Smyth.
(d) Aunt Dorcas.
6. According to Chapter 45, which characters are drawn from real people aboard the schooner named Pearl?
(a) Aunt Chloe and Uncle Tom.
(b) Eliza and Harry.
(c) Eliza and George.
(d) Emmeline and Cassy.
7. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) A pass and a recommendation.
(b) Directions to New Orleans.
(c) A letter to Tom.
(d) Directions to the nearest city.
8. What is it that Aunt Chloe has saved to proudly show Tom when he returns?
(a) A record of the money she earned.
(b) A Bible Mrs. Shelby gave her.
(c) Money that was left to her in Mr. Shelby's will.
(d) A quilt she made for him.
9. How effective of a money manager is Augustine St. Clare?
(a) He is an expert money manager who helps others with their finances.
(b) He is careless and extravagant with money.
(c) He is a good manager, but people steal from him because he is so trusting.
(d) He is a fairly good money manager.
10. Why is Lake Pontchartrain important to the action of Chapter 22?
(a) It is where Eva says she wants to visit.
(b) It is where Augustine wants to build a small plantation.
(c) It is where Uncle Tom fishes.
(d) It is where the St Clare family's summer villa is.
11. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
12. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(d) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
13. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
(c) Lucy .
14. Who is Legree's former mistress?
15. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(b) Her own cabin.
(c) A warm coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
2. Who is Madame de Thoux?
3. Why does Topsy come to Eva's room daily?
4. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
5. What illness has Tom Lokar been laid up with for three weeks?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)