|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness has Tom Lokar been laid up with for three weeks?
(b) Rheumatic Fever.
2. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
(a) Aunt Dorcas.
(c) Ms. Smyth.
3. At the conclusion of Chapter 41, whose suffering from being beaten does Quimbo and Sambo witness?
(b) Cassy's and Emmeline's.
4. Whose funeral takes place in Chapter 29 entitled "The Unprotected?"
(a) Miss Ophelia's.
(b) Augustine St. Clare's.
(c) Marie St. Clare's.
5. When a character tries to convince Tom that he should kill Legree, what is the weapon that the person recommends?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) An axe.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife.
6. What state are George and Eliza in when the reader catches up with their story in Chapter 37?
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
7. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
(a) Aunt Dorcas.
(b) Miss Halliday.
(c) Miss Sandusky.
(d) Miss Smyth.
8. After the death on the Shelby plantation, who travels from the Shelby plantation to the Legree plantation?
(a) Aunt Chloe.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Young Master George.
9. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are divided up among other slaves.
(b) They are made fun of.
(c) They are sold.
(d) They are burned.
10. What happened in the weeks following the death at the St. Clare villa that most influenced Augustine and led to changes he made in the running of his household?
(a) Reading Eva's Bible.
(b) Debating his wife about how the treat slaves.
(c) Discussing the Bible with Tom.
(d) Listening to Miss Ophelia's abolitionist views.
11. Why is Lake Pontchartrain important to the action of Chapter 22?
(a) It is where the St Clare family's summer villa is.
(b) It is where Uncle Tom fishes.
(c) It is where Augustine wants to build a small plantation.
(d) It is where Eva says she wants to visit.
12. When the reader is returned to the story line of George and his family in Chapter 43, where in Canada are they living?
(b) Quebec City.
13. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
14. At Legree's plantation, who does Simon Legree beat for singing?
15. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) A letter to Tom.
(b) Directions to New Orleans.
(c) A pass and a recommendation.
(d) Directions to the nearest city.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George, Eliza and Harry finally reach Canada, what is the name of the Canadian town where the boat they are on docks?
2. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
3. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
4. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
5. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)