|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
(a) As a man.
(b) As a nun.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a very large woman.
2. After the death on the Shelby plantation, who travels from the Shelby plantation to the Legree plantation?
(a) Young Master George.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Aunt Chloe.
3. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
(a) Miss Ophelia.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mr. St. Clare, her father.
(d) Mrs. St. Clare, her mother.
4. Who is Madame de Thoux?
(a) Eliza's sister.
(b) Eliza's mother.
(c) George's sister.
(d) George's mother.
5. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
(d) Lake Pontchartrain.
6. At the end of Chapter 45, who does Stowe say will have "a heavy account to answer?"
(a) The Southern slave owners.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The Northerners who did nothing to fight slavery.
(d) The Christian church.
7. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
(a) Aunt Dorcas.
(b) Miss Halliday.
(c) Miss Smyth.
(d) Miss Sandusky.
8. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
(a) Young Master Tom Shelby.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
9. Who is Legree's former mistress?
10. Who tries to convince Tom that it would be advantageous to him to burn his Bible?
(a) Simon Legree.
11. When Cassy and Emmeline hatch a plan to escape from the Legree plantation, how do Cassy and Emmeline disguise themselves?
(a) As French.
(b) As Spaniards.
(c) As ghosts.
(d) As Mexicans.
12. What state are George and Eliza in when the reader catches up with their story in Chapter 37?
(b) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
13. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
(b) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(c) Find another woman to marry.
(d) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
14. Whose funeral takes place in Chapter 29 entitled "The Unprotected?"
(a) Miss Ophelia's.
(c) Augustine St. Clare's.
(d) Marie St. Clare's.
15. When Eva is alone in her room, why does Eva cut her hair?
(a) To make washing her hair less difficult.
(b) To make herself look older.
(c) To make doll hair for a doll for Topsy.
(d) To give locks of hair to people to remember her by.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
2. When George, Eliza and Harry finally reach Canada, what is the name of the Canadian town where the boat they are on docks?
3. At the conclusion of Chapter 41, whose suffering from being beaten does Quimbo and Sambo witness?
4. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
5. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)