Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Legree's former mistress?
2. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
(a) Miss Ophelia.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mr. St. Clare, her father.
(d) Mrs. St. Clare, her mother.
3. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
(a) Eliza is her sister and that she is free in Canada.
(b) Eliza is her daughter and that she is free in Canada.
(c) George is her brother and that he is free in Canada.
(d) George is her son and that he is free in Canada.
4. Who greets Eliza with the words, "darling, I'm your mother!"
(a) A Canadian fur store owner.
(d) Madame de Thoux.
5. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
(a) A self-taught, kitchen genius.
(b) A better cook than Aunt Chloe.
(c) A horrid cook.
(d) Good, but not as good as Aunt Chloe.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 41, who dies on the Shelby plantation?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Aunt Chloe.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Young Master George.
7. When George, Eliza and Harry finally reach Canada, what is the name of the Canadian town where the boat they are on docks?
8. At the end of Chapter 45, who does Stowe say will have "a heavy account to answer?"
(a) The Southern slave owners.
(b) The Northerners who did nothing to fight slavery.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) The Christian church.
9. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
(a) Kentucky City.
10. In Canada, what is George's occupation?
(a) A railroad worker.
(b) A machinist.
(c) A furrier.
(d) A farmer.
11. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
(a) Ms. Smyth.
(d) Aunt Dorcas.
12. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are made fun of.
(b) They are sold.
(c) They are divided up among other slaves.
(d) They are burned.
13. What is it that Aunt Chloe has saved to proudly show Tom when he returns?
(a) A record of the money she earned.
(b) Money that was left to her in Mr. Shelby's will.
(c) A quilt she made for him.
(d) A Bible Mrs. Shelby gave her.
14. Who is the "quadroon" that is the subject of chapter 34 entitled "The Quadroon's Story?"
15. Who is Dodo?
(a) A pet dog.
(b) A slave whom Eva meets at the lake.
(c) A pet bird.
(d) A slave that belongs to a visiting child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
2. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
3. Why does Topsy come to Eva's room daily?
4. What illness has Tom Lokar been laid up with for three weeks?
5. When Rosa and Ophelia think they see Topsy hiding something she has stolen, what does this item turn out to be?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)