|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state are George and Eliza in when the reader catches up with their story in Chapter 37?
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
2. Who is Madame de Thoux?
(a) Eliza's sister.
(b) Eliza's mother.
(c) George's sister.
(d) George's mother.
3. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(d) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
4. Who is Dodo?
(a) A slave that belongs to a visiting child.
(b) A pet bird.
(c) A pet dog.
(d) A slave whom Eva meets at the lake.
5. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
(d) Lucy .
6. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
(a) A horrid cook.
(b) A self-taught, kitchen genius.
(c) A better cook than Aunt Chloe.
(d) Good, but not as good as Aunt Chloe.
7. When George and his family are established in Canada, what is it that George specifically says he wants more than anything?
(a) An education.
(b) A home in the mountains.
(c) His own business.
(d) A home near the ocean.
8. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
(a) Aunt Dorcas.
(b) Miss Sandusky.
(c) Miss Smyth.
(d) Miss Halliday.
9. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) Directions to the nearest city.
(b) Directions to New Orleans.
(c) A pass and a recommendation.
(d) A letter to Tom.
10. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
11. What happened in the weeks following the death at the St. Clare villa that most influenced Augustine and led to changes he made in the running of his household?
(a) Reading Eva's Bible.
(b) Discussing the Bible with Tom.
(c) Listening to Miss Ophelia's abolitionist views.
(d) Debating his wife about how the treat slaves.
12. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(c) Playing with dolls.
13. Who was in charge of the new slave in St. Clare household?
(a) Augustine St. Clare.
(b) Marie St. Clare.
(c) Miss Ophelia.
(d) Eva St. Clare.
14. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
(a) Treatment as equals.
(b) Harsh and violent.
(c) A combination of firm and gentle.
15. In Canada, what is George's occupation?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A railroad worker.
(c) A machinist.
(d) A furrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
2. Why does Topsy come to Eva's room daily?
3. What area of his own house does Legree come to believe is haunted?
4. After the death on the Shelby plantation, who travels from the Shelby plantation to the Legree plantation?
5. At Legree's plantation, who does Simon Legree beat for singing?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)