Short Essay Questions Key
1. Compare or contrast Mr. Shelby's and Mr. Haley's opinions on how to treat slaves should be treated.
2. What does the reader's first impression of Harry reveal about him?
3. How does the reader know that Mr. Shelby regards his wife's happiness as important?
4. How does the reader know that Eliza trusts Mrs. Shelby?
5. How does the treatment of George by his master compare or contrast with how Eliza is treated by her owners.
6. What does the reader learn in Chapters 2 and 3 about Eliza's past as a mother?
7. What effect has studying the Christian religion had on Eliza?
8. How does Harry's tolerance for being a slave compare or contrast with Eliza's?
9. What is the effect of describing the actual cabin of Uncle Tom as a place where flowers grow and people worship and eat together?
10. What is unusual about Young Master Shelby teaching Tom how to write?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)