Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Compare or contrast Mr. Shelby's and Mr. Haley's opinions on how to treat slaves should be treated.
2. What does the reader's first impression of Harry reveal about him?
3. How does the reader know that Mr. Shelby regards his wife's happiness as important?
4. How does the reader know that Eliza trusts Mrs. Shelby?
Short Essay Question - Chapters 2 and 3
5. How does the treatment of George by his master compare or contrast with how Eliza is treated by her owners.
This section contains 1,319 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)