|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) Successful crops on their plantations.
(b) Their marriages.
(c) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
(d) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
2. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
(a) Alfreda and Henriquetta.
(b) Henrique and Henriquetta.
(c) Alfred and Alfreda.
(d) Alfred and Henrique.
3. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
4. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Young Master George.
(d) His children.
5. Why does Topsy come to Eva's room daily?
(a) To learn more about God.
(b) To learn to read.
(c) To bring flowers.
(d) To play with Eva's toys.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 41, who dies on the Shelby plantation?
3. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
5. In Canada, what is George's occupation?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)