|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(b) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(c) The railroad station.
(d) A factory.
2. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(b) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
(c) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(d) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
3. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
(a) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Two slave traders.
(c) All the slaves back at the plantation.
(d) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
4. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Young Master Tom Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom.
5. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(a) Tea and honey.
(b) A hearty breakfast.
(d) Tea and cornbread.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
2. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
3. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
5. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)