|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area of his own house does Legree come to believe is haunted?
(a) The library.
(b) The garret.
(c) The cellar.
(d) Cassy's room.
2. While Tom is a slave on the Legree plantation, who tries to convince Tom to kill Legree?
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(c) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Eliza's husband.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(c) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
5. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(b) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
(c) A slave catcher.
(d) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
2. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
3. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
4. When George, Eliza and Harry finally reach Canada, what is the name of the Canadian town where the boat they are on docks?
5. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)