|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
(a) In jail.
(b) In a carriage, watched by a guard.
(c) At a friend of Haley's.
(d) At a hotel.
2. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(a) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(b) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(d) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
3. After young George Shelby returns from the Legree plantation, what option does George Shelby offer his former slaves as he frees them?
(a) To arrange for their transportation to Africa to become missionaries.
(b) To arrange for their transportation to Canada.
(c) To write each of them letters of recommendation for employment.
(d) To keep them on as paid employees.
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(d) Mr. Bird.
5. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tom is a slave on the Legree plantation, who tries to convince Tom to kill Legree?
2. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
3. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
4. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
5. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)