|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) Their marriages.
(b) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
(c) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
(d) Successful crops on their plantations.
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(c) Mr. Bird.
3. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' daughter.
(b) The Birds' niece.
(c) The Birds' maid.
(d) The Birds' dog.
4. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(c) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(d) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
5. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
(b) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(c) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
(d) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Bill and Jerry?
2. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
3. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
4. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
5. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)