|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(b) They are well fed and well cleaned.
(c) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
(d) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(b) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(c) A code name for Harry.
(d) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
3. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(b) George taught Harry classical music.
(c) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(d) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
4. Who is Harry?
(a) A child slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(b) A child slave on the Shelby plantation.
(c) A child slave on the Harris plantation.
(d) A child slave on the Haley plantation.
5. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(b) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(c) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
(d) Find another woman to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
2. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
3. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
4. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
5. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)