|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
(a) By boat.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By train.
2. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
(a) Chunks of ice.
(b) A wooden raft.
(c) A kind riverboat captain.
(d) A small canoe.
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(b) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(c) He has another wife and child to visit.
(d) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
4. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
5. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) A letter to Tom.
(b) Directions to New Orleans.
(c) Directions to the nearest city.
(d) A pass and a recommendation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eva is alone in her room, why does Eva cut her hair?
2. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
3. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
4. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
5. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)