|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does the reader learn that a black person's testimony as witness in a trial means nothing?
(a) Simon Legree.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
2. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(b) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(c) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
3. What area of his own house does Legree come to believe is haunted?
(a) Cassy's room.
(b) The garret.
(c) The library.
(d) The cellar.
4. Who is Lucy?
(a) Another slave Haley buys.
(b) Mrs. Haley.
(c) A child slave Tom meets on the journey.
(d) Mr. Haley's old and favorite slave.
5. While Tom is a slave on the Legree plantation, who tries to convince Tom to kill Legree?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
2. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
3. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
4. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
5. Who is Andy?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)