|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(c) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(d) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
2. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
(c) Lake Pontchartrain.
3. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
(a) Buying back Tom.
(b) Buying the New Orleans plantation.
(c) Having Tom visit his family on a regular basis.
(d) Visiting Tom in New Orleans.
4. Where is one place where George works?
(a) A factory.
(b) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(c) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(d) The railroad station.
5. As Cassy, escapes aboard a boat, she listens to a conversation among several slaves that she doesn't know, what piece of information does she find out that is personally meaningful to her?
(a) Eliza is her daughter and that she is free in Canada.
(b) Eliza is her sister and that she is free in Canada.
(c) George is her brother and that he is free in Canada.
(d) George is her son and that he is free in Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Madame de Thoux?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 41, who dies on the Shelby plantation?
3. As Chapter 29 ends, where is Tom on his way to?
4. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
5. Who is "Black Sam?"
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)