|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(b) Her own cabin.
(d) A warm coat.
2. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) A gardener.
(b) Uncle Tom's wife.
(c) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(d) Mrs. Shelby's name.
3. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(b) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(c) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(d) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
4. When Eva is alone in her room, why does Eva cut her hair?
(a) To make herself look older.
(b) To make washing her hair less difficult.
(c) To give locks of hair to people to remember her by.
(d) To make doll hair for a doll for Topsy.
5. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
(a) Mrs. St. Clare, her mother.
(b) Miss Ophelia.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mr. St. Clare, her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
3. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
4. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
5. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)