|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a character tries to convince Tom that he should kill Legree, what is the weapon that the person recommends?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) An axe.
2. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(a) Tea and cornbread.
(b) Tea and honey.
(c) A hearty breakfast.
3. Whose funeral takes place in Chapter 29 entitled "The Unprotected?"
(a) Augustine St. Clare's.
(c) Miss Ophelia's.
(d) Marie St. Clare's.
4. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
(a) A visiting preacher who visits all plantations.
(b) Aunt Chloe.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom.
5. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(b) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(c) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
(d) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader is returned to the story line of George and his family in Chapter 43, where in Canada are they living?
2. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
3. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
5. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)