|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
(a) Buying back Tom.
(b) Having Tom visit his family on a regular basis.
(c) Visiting Tom in New Orleans.
(d) Buying the New Orleans plantation.
2. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Aunt Chloe
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Young Master George
3. When a character tries to convince Tom that he should kill Legree, what is the weapon that the person recommends?
(a) An axe.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
4. When the reader is returned to the story line of George and his family in Chapter 43, where in Canada are they living?
(a) Quebec City.
5. Who is Legree's former mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
2. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
4. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
5. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)