|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) A servant of the Birds'.
(b) The Birds' dog.
(c) The Birds' cat.
(d) The Birds' parakeet.
2. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
(a) Tries to play with Eva and Eva's toys.
(b) Refuses to eat the food that the other slaves eat.
(c) Has a tantrum and throws things around Miss Ophelia's room.
(d) Cuts up her bonnets and makes doll's jackets from them.
3. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
(a) On Sundays while people are at church.
(b) After lunch.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At night.
4. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
(a) Alfred and Henrique.
(b) Henrique and Henriquetta.
(c) Alfred and Alfreda.
(d) Alfreda and Henriquetta.
5. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are divided up among other slaves.
(b) They are made fun of.
(c) They are sold.
(d) They are burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader is returned to the story line of George and his family in Chapter 43, where in Canada are they living?
2. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
3. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
4. What happened in the weeks following the death at the St. Clare villa that most influenced Augustine and led to changes he made in the running of his household?
5. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)