|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eva is alone in her room, why does Eva cut her hair?
(a) To make washing her hair less difficult.
(b) To make doll hair for a doll for Topsy.
(c) To make herself look older.
(d) To give locks of hair to people to remember her by.
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(b) He has another wife and child to visit.
(c) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(d) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
3. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(d) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
4. Who tries to convince Tom that it would be advantageous to him to burn his Bible?
(b) Simon Legree.
5. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Shelby's grandsons.
(c) Lead deputies.
(d) Haley's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Albert?
2. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
3. What is one thing that happens in the Quaker household that is different from any households that the reader has seen in this novel so far?
4. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
5. Weeks after Eva's funeral, who gets comfort from singing from an old hymn book found in a drawer?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)