|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
(b) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(c) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(d) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
2. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(b) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(c) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(d) George taught Harry classical music.
3. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
(a) He sings and dances for them.
(b) He shyly asks for a piece of candy.
(c) He sings "America the Beautiful' for them.
(d) He recites a childish poem he has made up.
4. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
(a) She is sad to leave her work since it gave her satisfaction.
(b) The Shelby home is the only one she has ever known and she is nostalgiac.
(c) She says she feels unloyal leaving Mrs. Shelby.
(d) She feels sad that Harry is crying that he wants to stay.
5. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
(a) A reward for catching the runaway slaves.
(b) A warrant issued for the Quakers who are hiding slaves.
(c) A slave named Tom is looking for Eliza to come to a plantation in New Orleans.
(d) Slave catchers looking for Eliza and her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosa and Ophelia think they see Topsy hiding something she has stolen, what does this item turn out to be?
2. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
3. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
4. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
5. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)