|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
(a) Refuses to eat the food that the other slaves eat.
(b) Cuts up her bonnets and makes doll's jackets from them.
(c) Tries to play with Eva and Eva's toys.
(d) Has a tantrum and throws things around Miss Ophelia's room.
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(b) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(c) He has another wife and child to visit.
(d) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
3. When Eva is alone in her room, why does Eva cut her hair?
(a) To make washing her hair less difficult.
(b) To make herself look older.
(c) To make doll hair for a doll for Topsy.
(d) To give locks of hair to people to remember her by.
4. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(b) Eliza as payment.
(c) Harry as payment.
(d) Uncle Tom as payment.
5. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the Red River in Mississippi.
(b) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(c) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(d) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
2. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
3. Who is "Black Sam?"
4. What illness has Tom Lokar been laid up with for three weeks?
5. After young George Shelby returns from the Legree plantation, what option does George Shelby offer his former slaves as he frees them?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)