|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tom is a slave on the Legree plantation, who tries to convince Tom to kill Legree?
2. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
(b) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
3. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(b) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(c) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(d) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
4. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(b) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(c) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(d) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
5. Because of Legree's superstitious nature, who is the unlikely person that he fears?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
2. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
3. Who raised Eliza?
4. What happened in the weeks following the death at the St. Clare villa that most influenced Augustine and led to changes he made in the running of his household?
5. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)