|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Aunt Chloe has saved to proudly show Tom when he returns?
(a) A quilt she made for him.
(b) A record of the money she earned.
(c) A Bible Mrs. Shelby gave her.
(d) Money that was left to her in Mr. Shelby's will.
2. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
(b) Aunt Dorcas.
(c) Ms. Smyth.
3. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
4. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
(a) Buying back Tom.
(b) Having Tom visit his family on a regular basis.
(c) Visiting Tom in New Orleans.
(d) Buying the New Orleans plantation.
5. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
(a) Asks him not to touch her.
(b) Pushes him away.
(d) Asks her mother to stop him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
2. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
3. Because of Legree's superstitious nature, who is the unlikely person that he fears?
4. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)