|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(c) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(d) Eliza's husband.
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(b) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(c) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(d) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
3. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(b) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(c) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(d) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
4. Once Emmeline is at the Legree plantation, what does Emmeline try to convince another woman to do with her?
(a) Poison Legree.
(b) Burn the mansion.
(c) Put ground glass in Legree's food.
5. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(b) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(c) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(d) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George?
2. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
3. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
4. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
5. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)