|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43 and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) His conscience makes him help her.
(b) He thinks she is pretty.
(c) He recognizes her as an old friend.
(d) He does not realize that she is black.
2. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
(a) The Shelby home is the only one she has ever known and she is nostalgiac.
(b) She feels sad that Harry is crying that he wants to stay.
(c) She is sad to leave her work since it gave her satisfaction.
(d) She says she feels unloyal leaving Mrs. Shelby.
3. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza is a Muslim.
(b) Eliza is an atheist.
(c) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(d) Eliza is Christian.
4. What was the general opinion of Miss Ophelia in the St. Clare household?
(a) She is very helpful, but doesn't understand how to treat Eva.
(b) She is getting to be more and more useful every day.
(c) She is a nuisance.
(d) She is a wonderful addition.
5. Who are Lokar and Marks?
(a) Slave traders.
(b) Mr. Haley's sons.
(d) Riverboat workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to convince Tom that it would be advantageous to him to burn his Bible?
2. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
3. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
4. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
5. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)