|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Bird.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(d) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
3. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At night.
(c) On Sundays while people are at church.
(d) After lunch.
4. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) His conscience makes him help her.
(c) He recognizes her as an old friend.
(d) He does not realize that she is black.
5. Where is one place where George works?
(a) A factory.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(d) Mr. Haley's plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
2. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
3. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
4. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
5. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)