|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
(a) As a very large woman.
(b) As a nun.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a child.
2. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
(a) Chunks of ice in the river.
(b) Lack of fuel.
(c) It is a holiday.
(d) Canoe travel making travel hazardous for ferries.
3. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Eliza and Harry.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
4. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(b) She is gardener.
(c) She is in charge of all child care.
(d) She is the head cook.
5. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
(b) On the Red River in Mississippi.
(c) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(d) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
2. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
3. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Harry?
5. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)