|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
(a) He tells him that he will call off the search for Eliza and Harry.
(b) He tells Tom that he appreciates Tom's religious beliefs.
(c) He eats meals with Tom.
(d) He takes the chains off his ankles.
2. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
3. In a heated discussion with Miss Ophelia, what does Mrs. St. Clare say she would have done to Topsy?
(a) Read the Bible to her.
(b) Whipped her.
(c) Slapped her face.
(d) Sent her to her cabin without dinner.
4. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
(a) Mose, the child.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Young Master George.
5. As Chapter 29 ends, where is Tom on his way to?
(a) The slave auction.
(b) The ferry boat to meet his wife and children.
(c) The Shelby home.
(d) The ferry boat to see Miss Ophelia off.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
2. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
3. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
4. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
5. Who raised Eliza?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)