|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
(a) As a very large woman.
(b) As a man.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a nun.
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(b) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(c) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(d) He has another wife and child to visit.
3. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Kentucky River.
(d) The Missouri River.
4. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Uncle Tom as payment.
(b) Harry as payment.
(c) Eliza as payment.
(d) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
5. What news is it that Rachel has for Eliza?
(a) Her husband has escaped, but was captured by slave catchers and returned to Kentucky.
(b) Her husband made it to Canada.
(c) Her husband is dead.
(d) Her husband has escaped and will join them tonight.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
2. What are Miss Ophelia's plans for Topsy's future?
3. Who is Albert?
4. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
5. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)