|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(b) To become a Christian.
(c) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
(d) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
2. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) In a carriage, watched by a guard.
(c) At a friend of Haley's.
(d) In jail.
3. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Eliza and Harry.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) The President of the United States.
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(c) Eliza's husband.
(d) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
5. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He travels a lot for his job.
(b) He and Eliza have divorced.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He lives and works on a different plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
2. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
3. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
4. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
5. What illness has Tom Lokar been laid up with for three weeks?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)