|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Eliza and Harry.
(d) The President of the United States.
2. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
(a) He sings and dances for them.
(b) He shyly asks for a piece of candy.
(c) He sings "America the Beautiful' for them.
(d) He recites a childish poem he has made up.
3. What are Miss Ophelia's plans for Topsy's future?
(a) To have Topsy move into Eva's old room.
(b) To teach her to read so that she can teach other slaves.
(c) To ask for Mrs. St. Clare's help in raising Topsy.
(d) To take her back to Vermont with her.
4. Whose funeral takes place in Chapter 29 entitled "The Unprotected?"
(a) Miss Ophelia's.
(c) Marie St. Clare's.
(d) Augustine St. Clare's.
5. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
(b) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(c) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
(d) To become a Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
2. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
3. Who is Dinah?
4. Because of Legree's superstitious nature, who is the unlikely person that he fears?
5. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)