|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(b) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(c) On the Red River in Mississippi.
(d) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
2. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
(a) She is set free.
(b) She drowns.
(c) She gets married.
(d) She escapes.
3. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
(a) Harry has sprained his ankle.
(b) Harry is enchanted with nature in the forest and wants to chase squirrels.
(c) Harry is quite sleepy and is not able to walk fast.
(d) She is so fearful that he will be in danger that she goes to extremes to protect him.
4. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
(a) Alfreda and Henriquetta.
(b) Alfred and Alfreda.
(c) Alfred and Henrique.
(d) Henrique and Henriquetta.
5. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(b) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(c) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(d) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
2. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
3. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
4. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
5. Who is Aunt Chloe?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)