|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(d) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
2. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
(b) Their marriages.
(c) Successful crops on their plantations.
(d) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
3. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' cat.
(b) A servant of the Birds'.
(c) The Birds' dog.
(d) The Birds' parakeet.
4. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(b) Eliza was ignored.
(c) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(d) Eliza was treated like a pet.
5. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(a) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(b) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(d) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
2. Who is Hagar?
3. Who is Eliza?
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
5. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)