|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
(a) She is a business genius.
(b) She knows nothing about business.
(c) He thinks she should take a business course.
(d) She is learning more about the business of the plantation every day.
2. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
3. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Haley.
4. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are sold.
(b) They are burned.
(c) They are made fun of.
(d) They are divided up among other slaves.
5. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(b) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(c) He has another wife and child to visit.
(d) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Miss Ophelia's plans for Topsy's future?
2. What news is it that Rachel has for Eliza?
3. Where is one place where George works?
4. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
5. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)