|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Black Sam.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(c) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(d) The exterior of George's house.
3. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(c) Shelby's grandsons.
(d) Haley's sons.
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mrs. Bird.
(d) Mr. Bird.
5. What news is it that Rachel has for Eliza?
(a) Her husband made it to Canada.
(b) Her husband has escaped, but was captured by slave catchers and returned to Kentucky.
(c) Her husband has escaped and will join them tonight.
(d) Her husband is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
2. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
5. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)