|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(b) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(c) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(d) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
2. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Uncle Tom as payment.
(b) Eliza as payment.
(c) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(d) Harry as payment.
3. As Chapter 29 ends, where is Tom on his way to?
(a) The Shelby home.
(b) The ferry boat to meet his wife and children.
(c) The ferry boat to see Miss Ophelia off.
(d) The slave auction.
4. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She fears she may never see him again.
(b) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(c) She feels that there is no place like home.
(d) She fears that he will not make enough money.
5. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(b) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
(c) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
(d) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Senator Bird live?
2. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
3. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
4. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
5. Who is George?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)