|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A ten-dollar bill.
(b) A twenty-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A fifty-dollar bill.
2. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
(a) A copy of the Fugitive Slave Act.
(b) A menu offering only Kentucky whisky and Kentucky wine.
(c) The daily news paper of this town.
(d) An advertisement offering a reward to find a runaway slave.
3. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
(d) Kentucky City.
4. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
(d) Lake Pontchartrain.
5. What was the general opinion of Miss Ophelia in the St. Clare household?
(a) She is getting to be more and more useful every day.
(b) She is very helpful, but doesn't understand how to treat Eva.
(c) She is a wonderful addition.
(d) She is a nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
2. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
3. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
5. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)