|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Black Sam.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
2. Weeks after Eva's funeral, who gets comfort from singing from an old hymn book found in a drawer?
(a) Miss Ophelia.
(b) Marie St. Clare.
(d) Augustine St. Clare.
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(b) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(c) He has another wife and child to visit.
(d) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
4. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(b) Eliza was ignored.
(c) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(d) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
5. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. Wilson.
(c) Mr. Von Trompe.
(d) Mr. Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
2. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
3. How effective of a money manager is Augustine St. Clare?
4. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)