|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(b) Eliza's natural mother.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
(d) Uncle Tom.
2. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A fifty-dollar bill.
(b) A hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A ten-dollar bill.
(d) A twenty-dollar bill.
4. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
(a) Miss Smyth.
(b) Miss Sandusky.
(c) Aunt Dorcas.
(d) Miss Halliday.
5. What is one thing that happens in the Quaker household that is different from any households that the reader has seen in this novel so far?
(a) Whites act as servants to the whites.
(b) Whites and blacks eat in the same room, but at separate tables.
(c) Whites and blacks sing spirituals before they dine.
(d) Blacks and whites eat meals at the same table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
2. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
3. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
4. Who is Lucy?
5. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)