|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "quadroon" that is the subject of chapter 34 entitled "The Quadroon's Story?"
2. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(b) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(d) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
3. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Mr. St. Clare, her father.
(c) Mrs. St. Clare, her mother.
(d) Miss Ophelia.
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(b) George taught Harry classical music.
(c) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(d) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
5. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Albert?
2. Where is one place where George works?
3. Who is Dodo?
4. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
5. Who is Eliza?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)