|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Haley's sons.
(b) Shelby's grandsons.
(d) Lead deputies.
2. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(c) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(b) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(c) He has another wife and child to visit.
(d) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(b) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(c) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
5. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Playing with dolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
2. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
3. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
5. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)