|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral takes place in Chapter 29 entitled "The Unprotected?"
(a) Miss Ophelia's.
(b) Marie St. Clare's.
(d) Augustine St. Clare's.
2. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A rifle.
3. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(a) Chicken and corn cake.
(b) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
(c) Grits and bacon.
4. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
(a) A wooden raft.
(b) A small canoe.
(c) A kind riverboat captain.
(d) Chunks of ice.
5. Who is Dodo?
(a) A pet bird.
(b) A slave whom Eva meets at the lake.
(c) A pet dog.
(d) A slave that belongs to a visiting child.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
2. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
3. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
4. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
5. How effective of a money manager is Augustine St. Clare?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)