|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) His conscience makes him help her.
(b) He thinks she is pretty.
(c) He recognizes her as an old friend.
(d) He does not realize that she is black.
2. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Aunt Chloe
(c) Young Master George
(d) Uncle Tom.
3. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(b) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(c) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
(d) The entrance of a United States marshal.
4. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Young Master George.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) His children.
5. Who is Hagar?
(a) A slave trader on the lookout for Eliza.
(b) The local tavern owner.
(c) A friend of Haley's.
(d) Albert's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weeks after Eva's funeral, who gets comfort from singing from an old hymn book found in a drawer?
2. Who raised Eliza?
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
4. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
5. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)