|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
(d) Lucy .
2. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
(a) Mrs. St. Clare's.
(b) Uncle Tom's.
3. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(b) Uncle Tom's wife.
(c) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(d) A gardener.
4. Why is Lake Pontchartrain important to the action of Chapter 22?
(a) It is where Uncle Tom fishes.
(b) It is where Eva says she wants to visit.
(c) It is where the St Clare family's summer villa is.
(d) It is where Augustine wants to build a small plantation.
5. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) Successful crops on their plantations.
(b) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
(c) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
(d) Their marriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
2. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
3. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
5. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)