|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a heated discussion with Miss Ophelia, what does Mrs. St. Clare say she would have done to Topsy?
(a) Slapped her face.
(b) Whipped her.
(c) Read the Bible to her.
(d) Sent her to her cabin without dinner.
2. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
(a) The Kentucky River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Missouri River.
(d) The Ohio River.
3. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Black Sam.
4. Who is Andy?
(a) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(b) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(c) A code name for Harry.
(d) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
5. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(b) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(c) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(d) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
2. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
3. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
4. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
5. What news is it that Rachel has for Eliza?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)