|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
(a) Days happily tending Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Days with her husband.
(c) Days happily working in the kitchen.
(d) Days happily learning to read and write with the young master.
2. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
(b) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
(c) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(d) He doesn't know who his father is.
3. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Aunt Chloe
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Young Master George
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(b) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(c) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(d) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
5. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(b) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
(c) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(d) The entrance of a United States marshal.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
2. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
3. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
4. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
5. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)