|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what place does George plan to travel?
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(b) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(c) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(d) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
3. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
(a) She is set free.
(b) She gets married.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She escapes.
4. In a heated discussion with Miss Ophelia, what does Mrs. St. Clare say she would have done to Topsy?
(a) Slapped her face.
(b) Sent her to her cabin without dinner.
(c) Whipped her.
(d) Read the Bible to her.
5. What words convey the atmosphere described in the homes of the Quakers who the reader meets in Chapter 13?
(a) Warm and cozy.
(b) Fancy and luxorious.
(c) Sleek and modern.
(d) Cold and empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
2. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
3. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
4. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)