|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(b) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
(c) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
(d) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
2. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of a United States marshal.
(b) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
(c) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(d) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
3. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
(a) Days happily learning to read and write with the young master.
(b) Days with her husband.
(c) Days happily tending Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Days happily working in the kitchen.
4. Who is Lucy?
(a) A child slave Tom meets on the journey.
(b) Mr. Haley's old and favorite slave.
(c) Mrs. Haley.
(d) Another slave Haley buys.
5. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Mrs. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
2. Who is Albert?
3. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
4. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
5. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)