|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
(a) The Rachels.
(b) The Hallidays.
(c) The Stedmans.
(d) The Stanwoods.
2. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He lives and works on a different plantation.
(b) He travels a lot for his job.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He and Eliza have divorced.
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(b) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(c) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(d) He has another wife and child to visit.
4. Who was in charge of the new slave in St. Clare household?
(a) Marie St. Clare.
(b) Eva St. Clare.
(c) Augustine St. Clare.
(d) Miss Ophelia.
5. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
(b) Harsh and violent.
(c) Treatment as equals.
(d) A combination of firm and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
2. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
3. Who is Eva?
4. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
5. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)