|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) His children.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Young Master George.
2. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
(a) The woman she meets is also black and is, therefore, sympathetic.
(b) The woman is Harriet Tubman, a famous abolitionist.
(c) She is light-skinned enough to "pass" for being white.
(d) The woman says she loves children so much she will do anything to help Eliza and her beautiful son Harry.
3. Who is Albert?
(a) The auctioneer at the slave auction.
(b) A friend of Haley's.
(c) A slave trader on the lookout for Eliza.
(d) A slave Haley bought.
4. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
(b) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(c) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
(d) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
5. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Uncle Tom and Harry.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cudjoe?
2. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
3. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
4. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
5. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)