|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
(b) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(c) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
(d) A slave catcher.
2. Who is George?
(a) Uncle Tom's son.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son and heir to the plantation.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Eliza's husband and Harry's father.
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A chess game.
(c) A card game.
(d) A game of croquet.
4. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Shelby's grandsons.
(b) Haley's sons.
(c) Lead deputies.
5. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(b) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
(c) Find another woman to marry.
(d) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
2. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
3. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
4. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
5. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)