|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Bird.
3. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
(a) By boat.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By train.
(d) By carriage.
4. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) He does not realize that she is black.
(b) He thinks she is pretty.
(c) His conscience makes him help her.
(d) He recognizes her as an old friend.
5. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
(a) A better cook than Aunt Chloe.
(b) Good, but not as good as Aunt Chloe.
(c) A horrid cook.
(d) A self-taught, kitchen genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
2. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
3. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
4. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
5. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)