|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
(a) She expected this would happen and gets a new personal slave for herself.
(b) She is furious.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is secretly delighted.
2. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(b) Uncle Tom as payment.
(c) Harry as payment.
(d) Eliza as payment.
3. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
(a) Kentucky City.
4. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
(a) He thinks she should take a business course.
(b) She is learning more about the business of the plantation every day.
(c) She is a business genius.
(d) She knows nothing about business.
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(b) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(c) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(d) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
2. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
3. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
4. Who is Hagar?
5. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)