|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(b) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
(c) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(d) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
2. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
3. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(c) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
4. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
(a) Treatment as equals.
(c) Harsh and violent.
(d) A combination of firm and gentle.
5. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
(a) Days happily tending Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Days with her husband.
(c) Days happily working in the kitchen.
(d) Days happily learning to read and write with the young master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
2. Where is one place where George works?
3. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
4. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
5. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)