|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(b) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
(c) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(d) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(d) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
3. Why does Topsy come to Eva's room daily?
(a) To learn more about God.
(b) To play with Eva's toys.
(c) To learn to read.
(d) To bring flowers.
4. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
(a) She expected this would happen and gets a new personal slave for herself.
(b) She is furious.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is secretly delighted.
5. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She fears she may never see him again.
(b) She feels that there is no place like home.
(c) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(d) She fears that he will not make enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
2. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. Who is Eliza?
5. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)