|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newest child slave at the St. Clare household?
2. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(d) A factory.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(b) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(c) The exterior of George's house.
(d) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
4. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
5. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
(b) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) The entrance of a United States marshal.
(d) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that happens in the Quaker household that is different from any households that the reader has seen in this novel so far?
2. Who is Andy?
3. Who is Aunt Chloe?
4. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
5. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)