|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
(a) Mose, the child.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Young Master George.
2. What kind of cook is Old Dinah described as?
(a) A self-taught, kitchen genius.
(b) A horrid cook.
(c) Good, but not as good as Aunt Chloe.
(d) A better cook than Aunt Chloe.
3. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
(a) Her mother.
4. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Eliza and Harry.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) Uncle Tom.
5. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
(a) He tells him that he will call off the search for Eliza and Harry.
(b) He eats meals with Tom.
(c) He tells Tom that he appreciates Tom's religious beliefs.
(d) He takes the chains off his ankles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
2. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
5. Who is Lucy?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)