|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
(a) He eats meals with Tom.
(b) He tells him that he will call off the search for Eliza and Harry.
(c) He takes the chains off his ankles.
(d) He tells Tom that he appreciates Tom's religious beliefs.
2. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
3. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(a) West Virginia.
4. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(b) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
(c) A slave catcher.
(d) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
5. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
(b) Mr. Haley.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of the new slave in St. Clare household?
2. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
3. Who is Andy?
4. Who is Dodo?
5. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)