|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George?
(a) Uncle Tom's son.
(b) Eliza's husband and Harry's father.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Mr. Shelby's son and heir to the plantation.
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
3. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(a) Grits and bacon.
(c) Chicken and corn cake.
(d) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
4. What does Eliza dream of on the first night that she is taken in and sleeping safely at the new family's house?
(a) A man coming across the yard to kidnap her.
(b) Happy, carefree days at the Shelbys.
(c) Happy, carefree days to come in Canada.
(d) A man coming with a notice for her capture--dead or alive.
5. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) A factory.
(d) Mr. Haley's plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
2. Who is Eva?
3. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
4. Who was in charge of the new slave in St. Clare household?
5. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)