|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andy?
(a) A code name for Harry.
(b) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(c) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(d) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With anger.
(b) With understanding and patience.
(c) With pleasure.
(d) With astonishment.
3. What words convey the atmosphere described in the homes of the Quakers who the reader meets in Chapter 13?
(a) Warm and cozy.
(b) Fancy and luxorious.
(c) Cold and empty.
(d) Sleek and modern.
4. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
(a) She knows nothing about business.
(b) She is learning more about the business of the plantation every day.
(c) She is a business genius.
(d) He thinks she should take a business course.
5. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Uncle Tom's wife.
(b) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(c) A gardener.
(d) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
3. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
5. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)