|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Missouri River.
(d) The Kentucky River.
2. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Young Master Tom Shelby.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
3. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
(b) Mrs. St. Clare's.
(c) Uncle Tom's.
4. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
(a) He knows how to plant crops.
(b) He knows how supervise a house staff.
(c) He knows how to take care of horses.
(d) He knows how to cook.
5. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(b) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
(c) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
(d) He doesn't know who his father is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
2. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
3. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
4. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
5. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)