|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
(b) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(c) A slave catcher.
(d) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
2. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
(a) Mrs. St. Clare, her mother.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mr. St. Clare, her father.
(d) Miss Ophelia.
3. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
(b) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
(c) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(d) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
4. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
5. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(b) Uncle Tom's wife.
(c) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(d) A gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
2. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
3. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
4. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
5. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)