|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Aunt Chloe
(d) Young Master George
2. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' maid.
(b) The Birds' daughter.
(c) The Birds' niece.
(d) The Birds' dog.
3. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(a) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
(b) Chicken and corn cake.
(c) Grits and bacon.
4. What is one thing that happens in the Quaker household that is different from any households that the reader has seen in this novel so far?
(a) Whites and blacks eat in the same room, but at separate tables.
(b) Blacks and whites eat meals at the same table.
(c) Whites and blacks sing spirituals before they dine.
(d) Whites act as servants to the whites.
5. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(b) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(c) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(d) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
2. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
3. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
4. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)