|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
(a) Sandwhiches and oranges.
(b) Sandwiches and apples.
(c) Cakes and apples.
(d) Oranges and apples.
2. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(b) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(c) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(d) George taught Harry classical music.
3. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(b) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(c) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(d) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
4. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
(a) At dawn.
(b) After lunch.
(c) At night.
(d) On Sundays while people are at church.
5. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
(b) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
2. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
3. Who is George?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
5. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)