|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) He does not realize that she is black.
(b) His conscience makes him help her.
(c) He thinks she is pretty.
(d) He recognizes her as an old friend.
2. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By carriage.
3. Who is Lucy?
(a) Mr. Haley's old and favorite slave.
(b) A child slave Tom meets on the journey.
(c) Another slave Haley buys.
(d) Mrs. Haley.
4. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) His children.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Young Master George.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
5. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
(c) A railroad car.
(d) Uncle Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
2. What news is it that Rachel has for Eliza?
3. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
4. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
5. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)