|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(b) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(c) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(d) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
2. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A ten-dollar bill.
(b) A hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A twenty-dollar bill.
(d) A fifty-dollar bill.
3. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Eliza as payment.
(b) Uncle Tom as payment.
(c) Harry as payment.
(d) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(b) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
5. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) A story about her evil owners.
(b) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
(c) A story she made up about being beaten.
(d) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
2. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
3. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
4. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
5. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)