|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Young Master George.
(c) Mose, the child.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
2. Who is Eva?
(a) A little white girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
(b) A little black girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
(c) A slave who belongs to the riverboat captain.
(d) A female slave roughly Tom's age whom he meets on the riverboat.
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(d) The Constitution.
4. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
5. What news is it that Rachel has for Eliza?
(a) Her husband made it to Canada.
(b) Her husband is dead.
(c) Her husband has escaped, but was captured by slave catchers and returned to Kentucky.
(d) Her husband has escaped and will join them tonight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
2. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
3. Where is one place where George works?
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
5. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)