|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(b) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(c) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
(d) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
2. Who is Harry?
(a) A child slave on the Shelby plantation.
(b) A child slave on the Harris plantation.
(c) A child slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(d) A child slave on the Haley plantation.
3. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
(a) The riverboat captain.
(b) A man who talks with Haley on the boat.
(c) Little Eva's mother.
(d) Little Eva's father.
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(b) The Constitution.
5. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
(a) He knows how to take care of horses.
(b) He knows how to cook.
(c) He knows how supervise a house staff.
(d) He knows how to plant crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
4. To what place does George plan to travel?
5. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)