|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
(a) Sandwiches and apples.
(b) Sandwhiches and oranges.
(c) Oranges and apples.
(d) Cakes and apples.
2. What is one thing that happens in the Quaker household that is different from any households that the reader has seen in this novel so far?
(a) Whites and blacks eat in the same room, but at separate tables.
(b) Blacks and whites eat meals at the same table.
(c) Whites act as servants to the whites.
(d) Whites and blacks sing spirituals before they dine.
3. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
(a) She and Harry will be sold.
(b) Mr. Haley will reveal that he saw Eliza eavesdropping.
(c) Mrs Shelby will be angry with her for not minding her own business.
(d) Mr. Shelby will be angry for her with playing with Harry and neglecting her work.
4. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
(a) A kind riverboat captain.
(b) Chunks of ice.
(c) A wooden raft.
(d) A small canoe.
5. To what place does George plan to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
2. Who is George?
3. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
4. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
5. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)