|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eva?
(a) A little white girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
(b) A female slave roughly Tom's age whom he meets on the riverboat.
(c) A slave who belongs to the riverboat captain.
(d) A little black girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
2. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
(a) At dawn.
(b) After lunch.
(c) At night.
(d) On Sundays while people are at church.
3. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) A servant of the Birds'.
(b) The Birds' cat.
(c) The Birds' dog.
(d) The Birds' parakeet.
4. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
(a) The Missouri River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Kentucky River.
5. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
(a) At a friend of Haley's.
(b) In a carriage, watched by a guard.
(c) In jail.
(d) At a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
2. Who is John Von Trompe?
3. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)