|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
(a) The Kentucky River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Missouri River.
(d) The Ohio River.
2. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(b) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
(c) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
(d) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
3. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(b) The entrance of a United States marshal.
(c) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(d) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
4. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
(a) Oranges and apples.
(b) Sandwiches and apples.
(c) Sandwhiches and oranges.
(d) Cakes and apples.
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(b) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(c) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(d) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eva?
2. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
5. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)