|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A ten-dollar bill.
(d) A fifty-dollar bill.
2. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(c) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(b) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(c) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(d) He has another wife and child to visit.
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George taught Harry classical music.
(b) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(c) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(d) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
5. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(b) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(c) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(d) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
2. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
3. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
4. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
5. To whom do Sam and Andy tell the story of Eliza's escape?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)