|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
(a) The Hallidays.
(b) The Stedmans.
(c) The Rachels.
(d) The Stanwoods.
2. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A hundred-dollar bill.
(b) A ten-dollar bill.
(c) A twenty-dollar bill.
(d) A fifty-dollar bill.
3. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(b) A hearty breakfast.
(c) Tea and honey.
(d) Tea and cornbread.
4. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
(a) A slave trader.
(b) George Harris
(c) A U.S. marshal.
(d) Young Master George.
5. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(d) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
2. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
3. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
4. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
5. Who are Lokar and Marks?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)