|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
(b) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
(c) A story about her evil owners.
(d) A story she made up about being beaten.
2. What is one thing that happens in the Quaker household that is different from any households that the reader has seen in this novel so far?
(a) Whites and blacks eat in the same room, but at separate tables.
(b) Blacks and whites eat meals at the same table.
(c) Whites and blacks sing spirituals before they dine.
(d) Whites act as servants to the whites.
3. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
(b) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(c) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
(d) He doesn't know who his father is.
4. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
(a) West Virginia.
5. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
(a) By boat.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
2. Who is Hagar?
3. Who raised Eliza?
4. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
5. Who is "Black Sam?"
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)