|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
(b) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(c) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
(d) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Bird.
3. Who is Hagar?
(a) A friend of Haley's.
(b) The local tavern owner.
(c) A slave trader on the lookout for Eliza.
(d) Albert's mother.
4. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
(b) Their marriages.
(c) Successful crops on their plantations.
(d) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
5. Who are Lokar and Marks?
(a) Slave traders.
(c) Riverboat workers.
(d) Mr. Haley's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
2. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
3. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
4. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
5. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)