|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
(a) Mr. Haley will reveal that he saw Eliza eavesdropping.
(b) Mrs Shelby will be angry with her for not minding her own business.
(c) Mr. Shelby will be angry for her with playing with Harry and neglecting her work.
(d) She and Harry will be sold.
2. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
(a) He knows how supervise a house staff.
(b) He knows how to cook.
(c) He knows how to take care of horses.
(d) He knows how to plant crops.
3. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(b) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(c) A factory.
(d) The railroad station.
4. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
(a) Sandwhiches and oranges.
(b) Cakes and apples.
(c) Oranges and apples.
(d) Sandwiches and apples.
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(b) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hagar?
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
3. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
4. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
5. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)