|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
(a) The woman says she loves children so much she will do anything to help Eliza and her beautiful son Harry.
(b) The woman is Harriet Tubman, a famous abolitionist.
(c) The woman she meets is also black and is, therefore, sympathetic.
(d) She is light-skinned enough to "pass" for being white.
2. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
(a) She escapes.
(b) She gets married.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She is set free.
3. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
(d) West Virginia.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(b) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
5. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(b) A gardener.
(c) Uncle Tom's wife.
(d) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
2. Who is Eliza?
3. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
4. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
5. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)