|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' parakeet.
(b) The Birds' cat.
(c) A servant of the Birds'.
(d) The Birds' dog.
2. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Eliza and Harry.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) Uncle Tom.
3. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
(a) Cakes and apples.
(b) Oranges and apples.
(c) Sandwhiches and oranges.
(d) Sandwiches and apples.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(b) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(c) The exterior of George's house.
(d) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
5. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Mrs. Shelby
(c) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(d) Eliza's natural mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy?
2. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
3. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
4. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
5. Where is one place where George works?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)