|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has another wife and child to visit.
(b) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(c) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(d) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A code name for Harry.
(b) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(c) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(d) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
3. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Mrs. Shelby
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(d) Eliza's natural mother.
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George taught Harry classical music.
(b) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(c) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(d) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
5. Who is Harry?
(a) A child slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(b) A child slave on the Harris plantation.
(c) A child slave on the Haley plantation.
(d) A child slave on the Shelby plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
2. Who is Eva?
3. What does Eliza dream of on the first night that she is taken in and sleeping safely at the new family's house?
4. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
5. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)