|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
(a) Little Eva's father.
(b) Little Eva's mother.
(c) A man who talks with Haley on the boat.
(d) The riverboat captain.
2. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(b) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(c) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(d) On the Shelby plantation.
3. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
(b) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(c) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
(d) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
4. Who is Albert?
(a) A slave trader on the lookout for Eliza.
(b) The auctioneer at the slave auction.
(c) A slave Haley bought.
(d) A friend of Haley's.
5. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(b) Aunt Chloe
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Young Master George
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
2. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
3. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
4. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
5. Who are Bill and Jerry?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)