|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
(b) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(c) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(d) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
2. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
(b) Mr. Haley.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mrs. Shelby
3. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Eliza and Harry.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
4. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She feels that there is no place like home.
(b) She fears she may never see him again.
(c) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(d) She fears that he will not make enough money.
5. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) In jail.
(c) At a friend of Haley's.
(d) In a carriage, watched by a guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. Who is Harry?
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
5. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)