|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Albert?
(a) A friend of Haley's.
(b) A slave Haley bought.
(c) The auctioneer at the slave auction.
(d) A slave trader on the lookout for Eliza.
2. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(b) A card game.
(c) A game of croquet.
(d) A chess game.
3. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(b) Lead deputies.
(c) Shelby's grandsons.
(d) Haley's sons.
4. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(b) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
(c) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
(d) He doesn't know who his father is.
5. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He travels a lot for his job.
(b) He lives and works on a different plantation.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He and Eliza have divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
2. To what place does George plan to travel?
3. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
4. In what state does Senator Bird live?
5. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)