|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(d) Mr. Bird.
2. Who are Lokar and Marks?
(b) Riverboat workers.
(c) Slave traders.
(d) Mr. Haley's sons.
3. Who is Lucy?
(a) Mr. Haley's old and favorite slave.
(b) A child slave Tom meets on the journey.
(c) Mrs. Haley.
(d) Another slave Haley buys.
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Eliza's husband.
(d) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
5. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(b) Eliza was ignored.
(c) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(d) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
2. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
3. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
4. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
5. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)