|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(b) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(c) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(d) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
2. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
3. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
(a) Canoe travel making travel hazardous for ferries.
(b) Lack of fuel.
(c) It is a holiday.
(d) Chunks of ice in the river.
4. To whom do Sam and Andy tell the story of Eliza's escape?
(a) All the slaves back at the plantation.
(b) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Two slave traders.
(d) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
5. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
(b) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
2. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
3. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
4. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)