|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(b) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(c) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(d) George taught Harry classical music.
2. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
(b) He doesn't know who his father is.
(c) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
(d) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
3. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Aunt Chloe
(b) Young Master George
(d) Uncle Tom.
4. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mose, the child.
(d) Young Master George.
5. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(a) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
(c) Grits and bacon.
(d) Chicken and corn cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
2. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
3. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
4. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
5. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)