|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
(a) Lack of fuel.
(b) It is a holiday.
(c) Canoe travel making travel hazardous for ferries.
(d) Chunks of ice in the river.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(b) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(c) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(d) The exterior of George's house.
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A card game.
(b) A chess game.
(d) A game of croquet.
4. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(b) Eliza as payment.
(c) Harry as payment.
(d) Uncle Tom as payment.
5. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
(a) She says she feels unloyal leaving Mrs. Shelby.
(b) She feels sad that Harry is crying that he wants to stay.
(c) She is sad to leave her work since it gave her satisfaction.
(d) The Shelby home is the only one she has ever known and she is nostalgiac.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
2. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
3. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
4. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)