|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
(a) Two slave traders.
(b) All the slaves back at the plantation.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
(d) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
2. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Aunt Chloe
(b) Young Master George
(d) Uncle Tom.
3. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(b) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(c) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(d) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
4. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mose, the child.
(d) Young Master George.
5. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Black Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
2. Who is Lucy?
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
4. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)