|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what place does George plan to travel?
2. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Aunt Chloe
(d) Young Master George
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(b) The Constitution.
4. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) Their marriages.
(b) Successful crops on their plantations.
(c) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
(d) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
2. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
5. Who is John Von Trompe?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)