|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(b) A hearty breakfast.
(c) Tea and honey.
(d) Tea and cornbread.
2. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A fifty-dollar bill.
(b) A twenty-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
3. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) By carriage.
(d) On horseback.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(b) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(c) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(d) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
5. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He recognizes her as an old friend.
(c) His conscience makes him help her.
(d) He does not realize that she is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
2. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Hagar?
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
5. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)