|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He and Eliza have divorced.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He lives and works on a different plantation.
(d) He travels a lot for his job.
2. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(b) He doesn't know who his father is.
(c) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
(d) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
3. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
(a) He sings and dances for them.
(b) He recites a childish poem he has made up.
(c) He shyly asks for a piece of candy.
(d) He sings "America the Beautiful' for them.
4. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(a) Grits and bacon.
(c) Chicken and corn cake.
(d) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
5. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
2. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
3. Who is Cudjoe?
4. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
5. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)