|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(b) On the Shelby plantation.
(c) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(d) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
2. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(a) Tea and honey.
(c) Tea and cornbread.
(d) A hearty breakfast.
3. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(b) Haley's sons.
(c) Shelby's grandsons.
(d) Lead deputies.
4. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
(a) Sandwiches and apples.
(b) Sandwhiches and oranges.
(c) Cakes and apples.
(d) Oranges and apples.
5. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A fifty-dollar bill.
(b) A hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A ten-dollar bill.
(d) A twenty-dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hagar?
2. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
3. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
5. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)