|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(c) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(d) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
2. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
(a) The Ohio River.
(b) The Kentucky River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Missouri River.
3. Who is Eliza?
(a) A female slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(b) A female slave on the Haley plantation.
(c) A female slave on the Shelby plantation.
(d) A female slave on the Harris plantation.
4. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Black Sam.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
5. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
(c) The Haley plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Albert?
2. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
3. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
4. To whom do Sam and Andy tell the story of Eliza's escape?
5. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)