|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(b) A game of croquet.
(c) A card game.
(d) A chess game.
2. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
(a) The woman says she loves children so much she will do anything to help Eliza and her beautiful son Harry.
(b) The woman is Harriet Tubman, a famous abolitionist.
(c) The woman she meets is also black and is, therefore, sympathetic.
(d) She is light-skinned enough to "pass" for being white.
3. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(a) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
(b) Grits and bacon.
(c) Chicken and corn cake.
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Bird.
5. To what place does George plan to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
2. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
3. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
4. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
5. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)