|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Black Sam.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
2. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(b) Uncle Tom as payment.
(c) Harry as payment.
(d) Eliza as payment.
3. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
(a) Two slave traders.
(b) All the slaves back at the plantation.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
(d) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
4. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Mr. Shelby, himself.
(d) Mr. Haley.
5. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
(a) A small canoe.
(b) A kind riverboat captain.
(c) Chunks of ice.
(d) A wooden raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
2. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
3. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
4. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
5. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)