|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) His children.
(c) Young Master George.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
2. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(b) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
(c) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(d) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
3. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(d) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
4. What happens to Lucy by the end of the Chapter 12?
(a) She escapes.
(b) She drowns.
(c) She gets married.
(d) She is set free.
5. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(b) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
(c) He doesn't know who his father is.
(d) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
2. Who are Bill and Jerry?
3. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
4. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)