|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
(a) An advertisement offering a reward to find a runaway slave.
(b) A copy of the Fugitive Slave Act.
(c) A menu offering only Kentucky whisky and Kentucky wine.
(d) The daily news paper of this town.
2. Who is George?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Eliza's husband and Harry's father.
(c) Mr. Shelby's son and heir to the plantation.
(d) Uncle Tom's son.
3. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(b) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
(c) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(d) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George taught Harry classical music.
(b) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(c) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(d) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
5. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has another wife and child to visit.
(b) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(c) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(d) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andy?
2. Who is Eliza?
3. Who is Hagar?
4. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
5. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)