|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(b) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
2. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
3. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(b) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(c) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(d) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
4. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Eliza as payment.
(b) Harry as payment.
(c) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(d) Uncle Tom as payment.
5. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
(d) Eliza's natural mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
2. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
3. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
4. Who is Harry?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)