|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what means of transportation does Mr. Haley travel with Tom?
(a) By train.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By boat.
2. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Young Master George
(d) Aunt Chloe
3. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
(a) A copy of the Fugitive Slave Act.
(b) The daily news paper of this town.
(c) A menu offering only Kentucky whisky and Kentucky wine.
(d) An advertisement offering a reward to find a runaway slave.
4. Who is Eliza?
(a) A female slave on the Haley plantation.
(b) A female slave on the Harris plantation.
(c) A female slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(d) A female slave on the Shelby plantation.
5. Who is Albert?
(a) A slave Haley bought.
(b) A slave trader on the lookout for Eliza.
(c) A friend of Haley's.
(d) The auctioneer at the slave auction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
2. Who is Hagar?
3. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
4. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
5. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)