|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(b) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
2. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Black Sam.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A hundred-dollar bill.
(b) A twenty-dollar bill.
(c) A ten-dollar bill.
(d) A fifty-dollar bill.
4. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(b) A chess game.
(c) A game of croquet.
(d) A card game.
5. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(d) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
2. Who raised Eliza?
3. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)