|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(c) The Constitution.
2. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom.
3. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George taught Harry classical music.
(b) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(c) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(d) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
4. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(c) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
5. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Mrs. Shelby
(c) Eliza's natural mother.
(d) Uncle Tom and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
2. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
3. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
4. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
5. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)