|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
(a) Aunt Chloe.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) A visiting preacher who visits all plantations.
(d) Uncle Tom.
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(c) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
3. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Uncle Tom and Harry.
(b) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A fifty-dollar bill.
(b) A twenty-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
5. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He does not realize that she is black.
(c) He recognizes her as an old friend.
(d) His conscience makes him help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
2. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
3. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
4. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)