|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(b) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(c) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(d) George taught Harry classical music.
2. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
3. To whom do Sam and Andy tell the story of Eliza's escape?
(a) Two slave traders.
(b) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
(c) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
(d) All the slaves back at the plantation.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(b) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(c) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(d) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
5. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
(d) Eliza's natural mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andy?
2. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
3. To what place does George plan to travel?
4. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
5. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)