|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
(b) Mr. Haley.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Mr. Shelby, himself.
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
(b) A story she made up about being beaten.
(c) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
(d) A story about her evil owners.
3. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Eliza's natural mother.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
(d) Uncle Tom and his wife.
4. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
(b) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(c) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(d) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
5. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was ignored.
(b) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(c) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(d) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
2. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
3. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
4. Who are Bill and Jerry?
5. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)