|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the Shelby plantation.
(b) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(c) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(d) On the plantation where she worked previously.
2. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
(a) Canoe travel making travel hazardous for ferries.
(b) Chunks of ice in the river.
(c) It is a holiday.
(d) Lack of fuel.
3. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Eliza and Harry.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) The President of the United States.
4. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(c) Haley's sons.
(d) Shelby's grandsons.
5. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza is a Muslim.
(b) Eliza is an atheist.
(c) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(d) Eliza is Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
3. Who is Eliza?
4. Who is George?
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)