|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Eliza's husband.
(b) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(c) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
2. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(b) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(c) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(d) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
3. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
(a) He recognizes her as an old friend.
(b) He thinks she is pretty.
(c) He does not realize that she is black.
(d) His conscience makes him help her.
4. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Mrs. Shelby
(b) Eliza's natural mother.
(c) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(d) Uncle Tom.
5. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Mrs. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
2. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
5. Who is Dinah?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)