|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(b) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(c) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(d) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
2. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' maid.
(b) The Birds' daughter.
(c) The Birds' niece.
(d) The Birds' dog.
3. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' dog.
(b) A servant of the Birds'.
(c) The Birds' parakeet.
(d) The Birds' cat.
4. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(b) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
5. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(b) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(c) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(d) Eliza was ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
2. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
3. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
4. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)