|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(b) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(c) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(d) On the Shelby plantation.
2. Who does Mr. Haley get to help him find Eliza and Harry?
(a) All the slaves back at the plantation.
(b) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
(d) Two slave traders.
3. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) Eliza and Harry.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
4. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
(a) It is a holiday.
(b) Canoe travel making travel hazardous for ferries.
(c) Chunks of ice in the river.
(d) Lack of fuel.
5. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Eliza's husband.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(c) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
2. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
3. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
4. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
5. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)