|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Sam and Andy tell the story of Eliza's escape?
(a) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Two slave traders.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
(d) All the slaves back at the plantation.
2. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
(a) Mrs Shelby will be angry with her for not minding her own business.
(b) She and Harry will be sold.
(c) Mr. Shelby will be angry for her with playing with Harry and neglecting her work.
(d) Mr. Haley will reveal that he saw Eliza eavesdropping.
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(b) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(c) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
4. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
(c) West Virginia.
5. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
(a) Days happily working in the kitchen.
(b) Days with her husband.
(c) Days happily tending Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Days happily learning to read and write with the young master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
2. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
3. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)