|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby, himself.
2. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Missouri River.
(c) The Kentucky River.
(d) The Ohio River.
3. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(b) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(c) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(d) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
4. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' parakeet.
(b) A servant of the Birds'.
(c) The Birds' cat.
(d) The Birds' dog.
5. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(b) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(c) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(d) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
3. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
4. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
5. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)