|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
(a) He recites a childish poem he has made up.
(b) He shyly asks for a piece of candy.
(c) He sings and dances for them.
(d) He sings "America the Beautiful' for them.
2. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(b) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(c) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
3. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(b) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(d) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
4. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
(a) Days with her husband.
(b) Days happily learning to read and write with the young master.
(c) Days happily working in the kitchen.
(d) Days happily tending Mrs. Shelby.
5. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A fifty-dollar bill.
(b) A twenty-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Bill and Jerry?
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
3. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
4. Who is Dinah?
5. Who is "Black Sam?"
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)