|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
(a) A wooden raft.
(b) A small canoe.
(c) Chunks of ice.
(d) A kind riverboat captain.
2. To what place does George plan to travel?
3. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(b) Uncle Tom as payment.
(c) Eliza as payment.
(d) Harry as payment.
4. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Uncle Tom and Harry.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(b) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(c) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(d) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
2. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
3. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
5. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)