|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) A factory.
(d) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
2. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Shelby's grandsons.
(b) Haley's sons.
(d) Lead deputies.
3. Who are Lokar and Marks?
(a) Mr. Haley's sons.
(c) Slave traders.
(d) Riverboat workers.
4. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(a) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(b) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(c) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
5. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Mrs. Shelby
(c) Mr. Haley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)