|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Sam and Andy tell the story of Eliza's escape?
(a) Mr. And Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Mr. Shelby and Mrs. Haley.
(c) Two slave traders.
(d) All the slaves back at the plantation.
2. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He travels a lot for his job.
(c) He and Eliza have divorced.
(d) He lives and works on a different plantation.
3. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(b) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(c) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
(d) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
4. What "happy days" does Eliza think of as she leaves the Shelby house?
(a) Days happily learning to read and write with the young master.
(b) Days happily tending Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Days with her husband.
(d) Days happily working in the kitchen.
5. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Eliza's husband.
(c) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(d) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George?
2. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
3. Who are Bill and Jerry?
4. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)