|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(b) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(c) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(d) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
3. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(b) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(c) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(d) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
4. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(b) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(d) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(b) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(d) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
2. What river are Eliza and Harry headed towards as they begin this journey?
3. Where is one place where George works?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)