|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Eliza and Harry.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) The President of the United States.
2. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(c) Haley's sons.
(d) Shelby's grandsons.
3. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(b) He has another wife and child to visit.
(c) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(d) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
4. To what place does George plan to travel?
5. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(b) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(c) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(d) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
2. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
4. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
5. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)