|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Uncle Tom's wife.
(b) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(c) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(d) A gardener.
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With astonishment.
(b) With anger.
(c) With pleasure.
(d) With understanding and patience.
3. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(d) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
4. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(b) She fears she may never see him again.
(c) She feels that there is no place like home.
(d) She fears that he will not make enough money.
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(b) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(d) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
2. In what state does Senator Bird live?
3. Why is the man who helps Eliza when she reaches the other side of the river so willing to help her?
4. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
5. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)