|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
2. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Haley's sons.
(b) Lead deputies.
(c) Shelby's grandsons.
3. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George taught Harry classical music.
(b) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(c) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(d) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
4. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(d) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
5. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A code name for Harry.
(b) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(c) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(d) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
2. Who is Andy?
3. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
4. Who is John Von Trompe?
5. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)