|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
(b) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
(c) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(d) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
2. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(d) Eliza's husband.
3. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
(a) A wooden raft.
(b) A small canoe.
(c) A kind riverboat captain.
(d) Chunks of ice.
4. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(b) On the Shelby plantation.
(c) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(d) On the plantation where she worked previously.
5. What is it that makes Eliza feel momentarily sad as she runs away?
(a) The Shelby home is the only one she has ever known and she is nostalgiac.
(b) She feels sad that Harry is crying that he wants to stay.
(c) She says she feels unloyal leaving Mrs. Shelby.
(d) She is sad to leave her work since it gave her satisfaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
2. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
4. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
5. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)