|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what place does George plan to travel?
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(b) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(c) He has another wife and child to visit.
(d) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
3. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Eliza's natural mother.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
(d) Uncle Tom and his wife.
4. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(b) She fears that he will not make enough money.
(c) She feels that there is no place like home.
(d) She fears she may never see him again.
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(b) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eliza?
2. What does Eliza bring along for her and Harry to eat as they travel?
3. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
4. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)