|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Mr. Haley.
2. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Black Sam.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
3. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Uncle Tom and Harry.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(b) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
5. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(b) The Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
2. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
3. Who is Andy?
4. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
5. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)