|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(b) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(c) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(d) On the Shelby plantation.
2. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A chess game.
(b) A card game.
(c) A game of croquet.
3. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
(b) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(c) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(d) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
4. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
(b) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(c) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(d) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
5. Who is Eliza?
(a) A female slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(b) A female slave on the Shelby plantation.
(c) A female slave on the Harris plantation.
(d) A female slave on the Haley plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
2. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
3. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
4. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)