|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(a) Black Sam.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
2. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(b) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(c) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(d) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
3. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She feels that there is no place like home.
(b) She fears that he will not make enough money.
(c) She fears she may never see him again.
(d) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
4. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(b) Tea and honey.
(c) Tea and cornbread.
(d) A hearty breakfast.
5. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Eliza's husband.
(c) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(d) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
2. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
3. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
4. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
5. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)