|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(b) A gardener.
(c) Uncle Tom's wife.
(d) Mrs. Shelby's name.
2. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(c) Eliza's husband.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
3. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(b) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(c) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
(d) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
4. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(b) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(c) A factory.
(d) The railroad station.
5. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(b) Eliza is a Muslim.
(c) Eliza is Christian.
(d) Eliza is an atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
3. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
4. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
5. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)