|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(b) Shelby's grandsons.
(c) Lead deputies.
(d) Haley's sons.
2. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(b) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(c) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(d) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
3. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mrs. Shelby
4. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
(b) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
(c) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(d) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(b) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(d) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harry?
2. Where is one place where George works?
3. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
4. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
5. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)