|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(b) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
2. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(b) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
(c) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(d) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
3. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Uncle Tom.
4. Where is one place where George works?
(a) The railroad station.
(b) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(c) A factory.
(d) Mr. Haley's plantation.
5. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(b) She is gardener.
(c) She is in charge of all child care.
(d) She is the head cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
2. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
3. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
4. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
5. Which character speaks about slaves in such a way that it is clear that he treats his slaves kindly and has thought a great deal about their humanity?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)