|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what place does George plan to travel?
2. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Uncle Tom and Harry.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
3. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
(b) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
(c) Successful crops on their plantations.
(d) Their marriages.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(c) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(d) The exterior of George's house.
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(b) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(c) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(d) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
3. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
4. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
5. Who is Eliza?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)