|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(b) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(c) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(d) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(b) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
(c) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(d) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
3. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom and Harry.
4. Who is Harry?
(a) A child slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(b) A child slave on the Shelby plantation.
(c) A child slave on the Harris plantation.
(d) A child slave on the Haley plantation.
5. To what place does George plan to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
2. Where is one place where George works?
3. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
4. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
5. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)