|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is the head cook.
(b) She is gardener.
(c) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(d) She is in charge of all child care.
2. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Harry as payment.
(b) Eliza as payment.
(c) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(d) Uncle Tom as payment.
3. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(b) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(c) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(d) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
5. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(a) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
2. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
3. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
4. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
5. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)