|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He and Eliza have divorced.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He travels a lot for his job.
(d) He lives and works on a different plantation.
2. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(b) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(c) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(d) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
3. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(b) The railroad station.
(c) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(d) A factory.
4. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(b) Eliza was ignored.
(c) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(d) Eliza was treated like a pet.
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(b) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(c) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(d) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Eliza?
2. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
3. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
5. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)