|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(a) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(c) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
(d) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
2. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(b) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(c) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(d) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
3. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
(c) Uncle Tom and Harry.
(d) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
4. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(b) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(c) A gardener.
(d) Uncle Tom's wife.
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(b) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(c) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(d) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what place does George plan to travel?
2. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
3. Who is "Black Sam?"
4. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
5. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)