|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(d) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
3. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(b) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(c) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(d) George taught Harry classical music.
4. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Uncle Tom's wife.
(b) A gardener.
(c) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(d) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
5. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Black Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what place does George plan to travel?
2. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
3. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
4. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
5. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)