|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(b) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(b) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(c) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(d) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
3. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(a) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(b) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(c) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
4. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(b) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(b) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
2. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
3. To what place does George plan to travel?
4. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
5. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)