|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. Shelby, himself.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
2. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(b) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(c) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(d) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
3. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(b) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
4. Who is Harry?
(a) A child slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(b) A child slave on the Shelby plantation.
(c) A child slave on the Harris plantation.
(d) A child slave on the Haley plantation.
5. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
2. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
3. Where is one place where George works?
4. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)