|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(b) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(c) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(d) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
2. Who is Eliza?
(a) A female slave on the Haley plantation.
(b) A female slave on the Shelby plantation.
(c) A female slave on the Harris plantation.
(d) A female slave who has run away in search of freedom.
3. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
(d) Eliza's natural mother.
4. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(b) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(c) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(d) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
5. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(c) Haley's sons.
(d) Shelby's grandsons.
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
2. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
3. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
4. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
5. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)