|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza is Christian.
(b) Eliza is an atheist.
(c) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(d) Eliza is a Muslim.
2. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(b) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(c) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
3. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(c) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(d) Eliza's husband.
4. Where is one place where George works?
(a) A factory.
(b) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(c) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(d) The railroad station.
5. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
(a) She is furious.
(b) She faints.
(c) She expected this would happen and gets a new personal slave for herself.
(d) She is secretly delighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
2. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
3. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
4. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
5. Who is George?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)