|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Haley.
(c) Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley.
(d) Uncle Tom and Harry.
2. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(b) Eliza is an atheist.
(c) Eliza is a Muslim.
(d) Eliza is Christian.
3. To what place does George plan to travel?
4. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(b) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(c) Eliza was ignored.
(d) Eliza was treated like a pet.
5. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the Shelby plantation.
(b) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(c) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(d) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
2. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
3. Which character eavesdrops on Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's conversation?
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
5. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)