|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(b) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
(c) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
(d) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
2. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(c) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
3. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(a) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(c) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(d) The exterior of George's house.
5. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
(a) Whether slavery is moral or immoral.
(b) How Mr. Shelby will pay Mr. Haley the debt he owes.
(c) Their marriages.
(d) Successful crops on their plantations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
3. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
4. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
5. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)