|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
(a) He recites a childish poem he has made up.
(b) He sings "America the Beautiful' for them.
(c) He shyly asks for a piece of candy.
(d) He sings and dances for them.
2. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(b) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(c) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(d) Eliza was ignored.
3. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He and Eliza have divorced.
(c) He travels a lot for his job.
(d) He lives and works on a different plantation.
4. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
(a) Aunt Chloe.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) A visiting preacher who visits all plantations.
5. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
2. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
3. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)