|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Mr. Haley.
(d) Mrs. Shelby
2. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(b) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(c) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(d) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
3. Who is Harry?
(a) A child slave on the Harris plantation.
(b) A child slave on the Haley plantation.
(c) A child slave on the Shelby plantation.
(d) A child slave who has run away in search of freedom.
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
5. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A card game.
(b) A chess game.
(d) A game of croquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
2. Who is Eliza?
3. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
4. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
5. Where is one place where George works?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)