|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
(d) West Virginia.
2. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Aunt Chloe.
(d) A visiting preacher who visits all plantations.
3. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Black Sam.
4. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(b) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(c) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(d) On the Shelby plantation.
5. Who is Andy?
(a) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(d) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
2. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
3. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
4. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
5. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)