|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eliza?
(a) A female slave on the Shelby plantation.
(b) A female slave on the Haley plantation.
(c) A female slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(d) A female slave on the Harris plantation.
2. What is the first possible solution Mr. Shelby introduces as a possibility for paying Mr. Haley?
(a) Eliza as payment.
(b) Uncle Tom's cabin rent as payment.
(c) Uncle Tom as payment.
(d) Harry as payment.
3. Who is Harry?
(a) A child slave who has run away in search of freedom.
(b) A child slave on the Harris plantation.
(c) A child slave on the Shelby plantation.
(d) A child slave on the Haley plantation.
4. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(c) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
5. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza is a Muslim.
(b) Eliza is Christian.
(c) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(d) Eliza is an atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is very protective towards Eliza?
2. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
3. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
5. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)