Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
2. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(b) Find another woman to marry.
(c) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(d) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
3. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A slave catcher.
(b) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
(c) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(d) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
4. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
(b) A railroad car.
(d) Uncle Tom.
5. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) A pass and a recommendation.
(b) A letter to Tom.
(c) Directions to the nearest city.
(d) Directions to New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dinah?
2. When Augustine lectures Miss Ophelia on how to properly treat a slave, what kind of treatment does he say is most effective?
3. In which state is Chapter 1 set?
4. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
5. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)