Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(b) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(c) The exterior of George's house.
(d) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
2. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
(a) The Hallidays.
(b) The Rachels.
(c) The Stedmans.
(d) The Stanwoods.
3. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
(a) The daily news paper of this town.
(b) A copy of the Fugitive Slave Act.
(c) An advertisement offering a reward to find a runaway slave.
(d) A menu offering only Kentucky whisky and Kentucky wine.
4. Why is Eliza easily able to ask for help of a woman she meets without risking being suspected of being a runaway slave?
(a) She is light-skinned enough to "pass" for being white.
(b) The woman is Harriet Tubman, a famous abolitionist.
(c) The woman says she loves children so much she will do anything to help Eliza and her beautiful son Harry.
(d) The woman she meets is also black and is, therefore, sympathetic.
5. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Eliza finds useful while crossing the river?
2. Where does Tom stay while Haley goes to the slave auction?
3. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
4. Who is Cudjoe?
5. Who is George?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)