|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
(a) He will travel to a place where he will have more freedom than he has now.
(b) He knows he can sell his invention in another city.
(c) He has an ill mother who has no one to care for her.
(d) He has another wife and child to visit.
2. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
(a) A menu offering only Kentucky whisky and Kentucky wine.
(b) A copy of the Fugitive Slave Act.
(c) The daily news paper of this town.
(d) An advertisement offering a reward to find a runaway slave.
3. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' dog.
(b) The Birds' daughter.
(c) The Birds' niece.
(d) The Birds' maid.
4. As Chapter 7 opens, why is Eliza carrying Harry?
(a) Harry has sprained his ankle.
(b) She is so fearful that he will be in danger that she goes to extremes to protect him.
(c) Harry is quite sleepy and is not able to walk fast.
(d) Harry is enchanted with nature in the forest and wants to chase squirrels.
5. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) Mr. Harris.
(d) Mr. Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
2. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
3. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
4. In what state does Senator Bird live?
5. Who raised Eliza?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)