Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(b) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(c) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(d) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
3. Why are the ferry boats not running when Eliza is out crossing the river?
(a) Chunks of ice in the river.
(b) Canoe travel making travel hazardous for ferries.
(c) It is a holiday.
(d) Lack of fuel.
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A fifty-dollar bill.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
5. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(d) Mrs. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
2. Who are Lokar and Marks?
3. What are Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley discussing in Chapter 1?
4. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
5. Who apparently knows nothing of Mr. Shelby's debt?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)