|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly before Chapter 1 ends, what is Eliza afraid will happen?
(a) Mr. Haley will reveal that he saw Eliza eavesdropping.
(b) Mrs Shelby will be angry with her for not minding her own business.
(c) She and Harry will be sold.
(d) Mr. Shelby will be angry for her with playing with Harry and neglecting her work.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(b) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(c) A code name for Harry.
(d) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
3. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(b) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(c) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(d) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
4. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She fears she may never see him again.
(b) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(c) She feels that there is no place like home.
(d) She fears that he will not make enough money.
5. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
(a) She expected this would happen and gets a new personal slave for herself.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is secretly delighted.
(d) She is furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
2. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
3. Who are the two characters introduced in Chapter 1?
4. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
5. What does Harry do when he first meets Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)