|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(b) On the Red River in Mississippi.
(c) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(d) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
2. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Eliza and Harry.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
3. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(b) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(c) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(d) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
4. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A slave catcher.
(b) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
(c) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(d) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
5. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
(d) Lake Pontchartrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "quadroon" that is the subject of chapter 34 entitled "The Quadroon's Story?"
2. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
3. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
4. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
5. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)