|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza dream of on the first night that she is taken in and sleeping safely at the new family's house?
(a) Happy, carefree days at the Shelbys.
(b) Happy, carefree days to come in Canada.
(c) A man coming across the yard to kidnap her.
(d) A man coming with a notice for her capture--dead or alive.
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
(b) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(c) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(d) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
3. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(b) On the Shelby plantation.
(c) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(d) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
4. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
(a) He knows how to cook.
(b) He knows how to plant crops.
(c) He knows how to take care of horses.
(d) He knows how supervise a house staff.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(b) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(c) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(d) The exterior of George's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
2. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
3. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
4. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
5. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)