|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Young Master George
(b) Aunt Chloe
(c) Uncle Tom.
2. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(b) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
(c) A slave catcher.
(d) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of George's house.
(c) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(d) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
4. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
(b) He doesn't know who his father is.
(c) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(d) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
5. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
(a) As a nun.
(b) As a man.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a very large woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
2. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
3. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)