|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(b) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
(c) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(d) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
2. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
(a) As a very large woman.
(b) As a child.
(c) As a man.
(d) As a nun.
3. What words convey the atmosphere described in the homes of the Quakers who the reader meets in Chapter 13?
(a) Sleek and modern.
(b) Cold and empty.
(c) Warm and cozy.
(d) Fancy and luxorious.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(c) The exterior of George's house.
(d) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
5. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eva talks to Topsy about love, what is the one thing/person that Topsy admits to loving?
2. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
3. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
4. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
5. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)