|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
(a) A slave named Tom is looking for Eliza to come to a plantation in New Orleans.
(b) Slave catchers looking for Eliza and her family.
(c) A warrant issued for the Quakers who are hiding slaves.
(d) A reward for catching the runaway slaves.
2. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(a) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(b) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(c) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
3. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(b) A slave catcher.
(c) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
(d) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
4. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
(a) Young Master George.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mose, the child.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
5. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
(a) As a man.
(b) As a nun.
(c) As a very large woman.
(d) As a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
3. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
5. Who raised Eliza?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)