|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(b) The Constitution.
2. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(b) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
(d) The entrance of a United States marshal.
3. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With astonishment.
(b) With pleasure.
(c) With anger.
(d) With understanding and patience.
4. While Tom spends time outdoors with Eva, where is it that Eva tells Uncle Tom she will be going to soon?
(b) Lake Pontchartrain.
5. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(a) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(b) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
(d) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. Who is Eva?
4. Who is Cudjoe?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)