|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mrs. Bird.
(c) Mr. Bird.
2. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
(a) Kentucky City.
3. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(b) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
4. As Eliza continues to travel to Canada, how does she disguise herself?
(a) As a very large woman.
(b) As a man.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a nun.
5. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
(a) Has a tantrum and throws things around Miss Ophelia's room.
(b) Cuts up her bonnets and makes doll's jackets from them.
(c) Refuses to eat the food that the other slaves eat.
(d) Tries to play with Eva and Eva's toys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
3. When Tom goes out to work in the fields at Legree's plantation, who does Tom help pick cotton in the fields?
4. What illness has Tom Lokar been laid up with for three weeks?
5. Where is one place where George works?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)