|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) Her own cabin.
(d) A warm coat.
2. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A game of croquet.
(b) A card game.
(c) A chess game.
3. At the lake, who is it that finally insists that Eva should see a doctor?
(a) Mrs. St. Clare, her mother.
(b) Miss Ophelia.
(c) Mr. St. Clare, her father.
(d) Uncle Tom.
4. Because of Legree's superstitious nature, who is the unlikely person that he fears?
5. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(b) She is the head cook.
(c) She is in charge of all child care.
(d) She is gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
2. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
3. Who is Cudjoe?
4. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
5. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)