|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one place where George works?
(a) Mr. Haley's plantation.
(b) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(c) A factory.
(d) The railroad station.
2. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
(a) A warrant issued for the Quakers who are hiding slaves.
(b) Slave catchers looking for Eliza and her family.
(c) A slave named Tom is looking for Eliza to come to a plantation in New Orleans.
(d) A reward for catching the runaway slaves.
3. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is gardener.
(b) She is the head cook.
(c) She is in charge of all child care.
(d) She is in charge of rotating crops.
4. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
(b) Aunt Dorcas.
(d) Ms. Smyth.
5. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
(a) A U.S. marshal.
(b) Young Master George.
(c) A slave trader.
(d) George Harris
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
2. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
3. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
4. Who is Cudjoe?
5. Who is George?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)