|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(b) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
(c) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
(d) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
2. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
(c) Lucy .
3. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He lives and works on a different plantation.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He travels a lot for his job.
(d) He and Eliza have divorced.
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(b) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(c) George taught Harry classical music.
(d) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
5. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
(b) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
(c) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(d) They are well fed and well cleaned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Topsy does that angers Miss Ophelia?
2. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
3. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
4. In what state does Senator Bird live?
5. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)