|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness has Tom Lokar been laid up with for three weeks?
(c) Rheumatic Fever.
2. Who is Dodo?
(a) A slave whom Eva meets at the lake.
(b) A slave that belongs to a visiting child.
(c) A pet bird.
(d) A pet dog.
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A chess game.
(b) A card game.
(d) A game of croquet.
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A ten-dollar bill.
(d) A fifty-dollar bill.
5. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(b) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
2. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
3. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
5. Who is "Black Sam?"
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)