|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(b) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(c) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
(d) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
2. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(b) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(c) Eliza was ignored.
(d) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
3. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
(a) Ms. Smyth.
(d) Aunt Dorcas.
4. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
(a) Henrique and Henriquetta.
(b) Alfred and Alfreda.
(c) Alfreda and Henriquetta.
(d) Alfred and Henrique.
5. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Black Sam?"
2. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
3. Why is Lake Pontchartrain important to the action of Chapter 22?
4. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
5. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)