|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(b) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(c) The exterior of George's house.
(d) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
2. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(b) Find another woman to marry.
(c) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(d) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
3. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To become a Christian.
(b) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
(c) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(d) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
4. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She feels that there is no place like home.
(b) She fears she may never see him again.
(c) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(d) She fears that he will not make enough money.
5. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(b) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(c) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
(d) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
3. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
4. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
5. Who is the "quadroon" that is the subject of chapter 34 entitled "The Quadroon's Story?"
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)