|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(b) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
(c) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(d) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
2. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
(b) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(c) Find another woman to marry.
(d) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
3. Who is Dodo?
(a) A slave that belongs to a visiting child.
(b) A pet dog.
(c) A pet bird.
(d) A slave whom Eva meets at the lake.
4. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
5. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
2. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
3. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
5. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)