|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
(b) Asks her mother to stop him.
(c) Pushes him away.
(d) Asks him not to touch her.
2. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) His children.
(d) Young Master George.
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A card game.
(b) A chess game.
(c) A game of croquet.
4. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(b) Eliza was ignored.
(c) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(d) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
5. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
(a) Alfreda and Henriquetta.
(b) Alfred and Henrique.
(c) Alfred and Alfreda.
(d) Henrique and Henriquetta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
2. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
3. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
4. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
5. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)