|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
(a) Young Master George.
(b) George Harris
(c) A U.S. marshal.
(d) A slave trader.
2. What does Simeon suggest as the wisest time to begin slave travel northward?
(a) On Sundays while people are at church.
(b) At night.
(c) After lunch.
(d) At dawn.
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A fifty-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
4. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(b) Haley's sons.
(c) Shelby's grandsons.
5. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
(b) On the Red River in Mississippi.
(c) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(d) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
2. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
3. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
4. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
5. Who is George?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)