|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(b) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(d) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
2. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
(b) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(c) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(d) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
3. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A knife.
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mrs. Bird.
(b) Mr. Bird.
5. In a philosophical and religious discussion with Legree, who is it that explains that what he looks forward to is "eternity?"
(a) Lucy .
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eliza travels to Canada, what other member of her party is in disguise?
2. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
3. Who is Legree's former mistress?
4. In the chapter titled "The Property is Carried Off" what is the "property" that is referred to here?
5. Once Emmeline is at the Legree plantation, what does Emmeline try to convince another woman to do with her?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)