|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(b) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(c) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(d) On the Shelby plantation.
2. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
(b) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
(c) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
(d) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
3. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(c) A warm coat.
(d) Her own cabin.
4. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bow and arrow.
5. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
(b) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(c) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(d) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral takes place at the villa on the lake at the end of Chapter 27?
2. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
3. Who is Dinah?
4. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
5. Who is Aunt Chloe?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)