|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one place where George works?
(a) The railroad station.
(b) A factory.
(c) Mr. Shelby's plantation.
(d) Mr. Haley's plantation.
2. Who is Dodo?
(a) A pet bird.
(b) A pet dog.
(c) A slave whom Eva meets at the lake.
(d) A slave that belongs to a visiting child.
3. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) His children.
(c) Young Master George.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
4. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(b) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(c) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
(d) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
5. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(b) Haley's sons.
(c) Shelby's grandsons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state are George and Eliza in when the reader catches up with their story in Chapter 37?
2. To whom does Eva give reading lessons?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
4. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
5. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)