|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Young Master Tom Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
2. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(a) West Virginia.
3. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Harris.
(b) Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Haley.
4. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
(b) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
(c) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(d) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
5. What state are George and Eliza in when the reader catches up with their story in Chapter 37?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
2. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
3. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
4. Where is one place where George works?
5. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)