|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(b) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) The entrance of a United States marshal.
(d) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
2. What family protects Eliza and Harry once they have crossed the river?
(a) The Stanwoods.
(b) The Hallidays.
(c) The Rachels.
(d) The Stedmans.
3. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(b) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(c) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
(d) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
4. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
(a) He knows how to take care of horses.
(b) He knows how to cook.
(c) He knows how to plant crops.
(d) He knows how supervise a house staff.
5. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Haley's sons.
(b) Shelby's grandsons.
(c) Lead deputies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Senator Bird live?
2. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
3. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
4. Who comes to visit the St. Clare family during the summer at Lake Pontchartrain?
5. Who is the Quaker woman that George and Eliza are staying with in Chapter 37?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)