|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(d) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
2. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' niece.
(b) The Birds' maid.
(c) The Birds' daughter.
(d) The Birds' dog.
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(a) A card game.
(c) A game of croquet.
(d) A chess game.
4. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(d) West Virginia.
5. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
(a) Haley accuses Shelby of caring too much about his wife thinks.
(b) Mr. Haley says that Shelby spoiled his slaves and now he will expect Shelby to give him cash.
(c) Haley accuses Shelby of being a poor manager.
(d) Haley accuses Mr. Shelby of not being fair and possibly helping the slaves get away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
2. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
3. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
4. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
5. Who is Andy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)