|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(b) Eliza is an atheist.
(c) Eliza is Christian.
(d) Eliza is a Muslim.
2. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George taught Harry classical music.
(b) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(c) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(d) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
3. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Young Master George.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Mose, the child.
4. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
(a) Happy that Eliza and Harry have escaped.
(b) Sad because she misses Eliza and Harry.
(c) Worried about the safety of Eliza and Harry.
(d) Sad because she thinks she will never see Tom again.
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
2. Who are Bill and Jerry?
3. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
5. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)