|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(b) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
(c) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
(d) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
2. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the Shelby plantation.
(b) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(c) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(d) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
3. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She fears she may never see him again.
(b) She fears that he will not make enough money.
(c) She feels that there is no place like home.
(d) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
4. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(b) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)