|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(b) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(c) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(d) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
(b) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(c) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(d) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
3. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(c) Young Master George
(d) Aunt Chloe
4. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(d) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
5. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A hundred-dollar bill.
(c) A fifty-dollar bill.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
2. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
3. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
4. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
5. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)