|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(c) Eliza's husband.
(d) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
2. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
(a) She fears that he will not make enough money.
(b) She fears that she will have to do George's work in addition to her own.
(c) She fears she may never see him again.
(d) She feels that there is no place like home.
3. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(b) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(c) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(d) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
4. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(b) A card game.
(c) A game of croquet.
(d) A chess game.
5. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Aunt Chloe
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Young Master George
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
2. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
3. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
4. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)