|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(b) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(c) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
(d) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
2. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' dog.
(b) The Birds' maid.
(c) The Birds' niece.
(d) The Birds' daughter.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(c) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(d) The exterior of George's house.
4. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(b) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
5. Who is Andy?
(a) A code name for Harry.
(b) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(c) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
(d) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
2. When George meets with Eliza, why does he tell her that he travels so far from the plantation on which he works?
3. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
4. Who is Cudjoe?
5. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)