|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(b) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(d) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
2. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) His children.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Young Master George.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
3. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He travels a lot for his job.
(c) He lives and works on a different plantation.
(d) He and Eliza have divorced.
4. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
(a) She expected this would happen and gets a new personal slave for herself.
(b) She is secretly delighted.
(c) She is furious.
(d) She faints.
5. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With anger.
(b) With astonishment.
(c) With understanding and patience.
(d) With pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
2. Who is Andy?
3. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
4. Who is Cudjoe?
5. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)