|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With pleasure.
(b) With understanding and patience.
(c) With anger.
(d) With astonishment.
3. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
(a) Young Master George
(c) Aunt Chloe
(d) Uncle Tom.
4. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(a) Tea and honey.
(c) Tea and cornbread.
(d) A hearty breakfast.
5. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
2. Who is John Von Trompe?
3. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)