|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(b) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
2. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is gardener.
(b) She is in charge of all child care.
(c) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(d) She is the head cook.
3. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(b) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
(c) On the Shelby plantation.
(d) On the plantation where she worked previously.
4. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With astonishment.
(b) With anger.
(c) With pleasure.
(d) With understanding and patience.
5. To what place does George plan to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
4. Who says, "I'm in the Lord's hands," as the action of Chapter 10 begins?
5. Who is George?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)