|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(c) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(d) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
2. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(b) A hearty breakfast.
(c) Tea and honey.
(d) Tea and cornbread.
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A fifty-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A ten-dollar bill.
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mr. Bird.
(c) Mrs. Bird.
5. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(b) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(c) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
(d) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
5. In what state does Senator Bird live?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)