|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what place does George plan to travel?
2. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(b) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(c) George taught Harry classical music.
(d) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(c) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(d) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(b) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(c) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(d) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
5. Who is George?
(a) Mr. Shelby's son and heir to the plantation.
(b) Eliza's husband and Harry's father.
(c) Uncle Tom's son.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
3. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
4. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
5. Who are Bill and Jerry?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)