|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(b) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(c) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
(d) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
2. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(c) The Constitution.
3. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(b) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(c) Eliza was treated like a pet.
(d) Eliza was ignored.
4. How does Mrs. Shelby feel about the people who are in charge of the search party?
(a) She wants them to delay and not actually find Eliza and her son.
(b) She is confident that her husband will make things right.
(c) She is so sad that she cannot even discuss this matter.
(d) She knows their work and is worried they will bring Eliza and her son back and they will be sold.
5. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
(b) White men who will get paid if they bring them back.
(c) Slaves who are trying NOT to catch Eliza and Harry.
(d) A few nearby friendly plantation owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
2. Who is Dinah?
3. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
4. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
5. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)