|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(b) Uncle Tom's wife.
(c) A gardener.
(d) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(b) A code name for Harry.
(c) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(d) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
3. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(b) Eliza's natural mother.
(c) Mrs. Shelby
(d) Uncle Tom.
4. Who is George?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Uncle Tom's son.
(c) Mr. Shelby's son and heir to the plantation.
(d) Eliza's husband and Harry's father.
5. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(b) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
2. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
3. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
4. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)