|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(d) Mr. Bird.
2. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(b) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(c) A gardener.
(d) Uncle Tom's wife.
3. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(b) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
(c) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(d) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
4. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is the head cook.
(b) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(c) She is in charge of all child care.
(d) She is gardener.
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
Short Answer Questions
1. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
2. Who raised Eliza?
3. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
4. To what place does George plan to travel?
5. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)