|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eliza get married to her current husband?
(a) On the plantation where she worked previously.
(b) On the Shelby plantation.
(c) On the banks of the Mississippi River.
(d) In a church build especially for weddings between slaves.
2. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Eliza and Harry.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) The President of the United States.
3. Broadly speaking, what are Eliza's religious beliefs?
(a) Eliza is a Muslim.
(b) Eliza subscribes to an ancient African religion passed on to her by her family.
(c) Eliza is Christian.
(d) Eliza is an atheist.
4. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
(b) A story about her evil owners.
(c) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
(d) A story she made up about being beaten.
5. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(b) Chicken and corn cake.
(c) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
(d) Grits and bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andy?
2. Where is one place where George works?
3. Who is "Black Sam?"
4. Who raised Eliza?
5. Who is John Von Trompe?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)