|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Young Master George.
(c) His children.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
2. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(b) George taught Harry classical music.
(c) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
(d) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
3. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
(b) A chess game.
(c) A game of croquet.
(d) A card game.
4. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(a) West Virginia.
5. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(c) The Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is one place where George works?
2. What is Aunt Chloe's mood on this morning after Eliza's escape?
3. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
4. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
5. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)