|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(b) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(d) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
2. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(a) Tea and cornbread.
(b) Tea and honey.
(c) A hearty breakfast.
3. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(b) West Virginia.
4. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(c) Shelby's grandsons.
(d) Haley's sons.
5. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(b) George taught Harry classical music.
(c) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(d) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cudjoe?
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
4. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
5. How could the people who go to search for Eliza and Harry be described?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)