|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(c) The exterior of George's house.
(d) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
3. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
(a) Eliza was treated gently and given privileges.
(b) Eliza was ignored.
(c) Eliza was spoiled rotten.
(d) Eliza was treated like a pet.
4. Who are Bill and Jerry?
(a) Lead deputies.
(b) Shelby's grandsons.
(c) Haley's sons.
5. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(b) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(c) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(d) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eliza fear for George to travel so far?
2. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
3. Who is Aunt Chloe?
4. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
5. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)