|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
(a) He lives and works on a different plantation.
(b) He and Eliza have divorced.
(c) He travels a lot for his job.
(d) He is ill.
2. Who is "Black Sam?"
(a) A slave who travels around trying to help runaway slaves find shelter.
(b) A slave who travels with Mr. Haley.
(c) A code name for Harry.
(d) A slave who belongs to the Shelbys.
3. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Eliza's natural mother.
(d) Mrs. Shelby
4. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is in charge of all child care.
(b) She is the head cook.
(c) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(d) She is gardener.
5. Who does the search party actually take orders from?
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Black Sam.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Bill and Jerry?
2. Who is Aunt Chloe?
3. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
5. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)