|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
(a) George invented an earlier model of the cotton gin.
(b) George taught Harry classical music.
(c) George invented a hemp-cleaning machine.
(d) George invented a way to measure the efficiency of plantation labor.
2. Who raised Eliza?
(a) Eliza's natural mother.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Uncle Tom and his wife.
(d) Mrs. Shelby
3. Which character is described as a "mulatto?"
(c) Mr. Shelby's younger son.
4. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
5. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Eliza and Harry.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) Mrs. Shelby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is absent from the plantation when Mr. Shelby and Mr. Haley's agreement moves into action?
2. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
3. Who is Dinah?
4. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
5. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)