|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Eliza and Harry.
2. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
(a) The Shelbys discover that Eliza and Harry have run away.
(b) The Shelbys discover that they cannot live with the idea of selling their slaves and take back the offer.
(c) Eliza discovers a spare horse and she and Harry take off on horseback.
(d) Uncle Tom discovers that he does have the courage to run away.
3. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(a) A hearty breakfast.
(b) Tea and honey.
(c) Tea and cornbread.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of George's house.
(b) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(c) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(d) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
5. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Mr. Shelby.
(b) Mrs. Shelby.
(c) Young Master George.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Selby react to the news that Eliza has escaped?
2. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
3. Where is one place where George works?
4. Who is Dinah?
5. What does George accomplish that shows he has talent?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)