|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(b) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With anger.
(b) With pleasure.
(c) With astonishment.
(d) With understanding and patience.
3. Who gives Uncle Tom a dollar to wear on his neck?
(a) Young Master George.
(b) His children.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
4. What did Aunt Chloe make for breakfast as "the property" prepares to leave the cabin?
(a) Grits and bacon.
(b) Chicken and corn cake.
(c) Eggs and bacon and ham and grits.
5. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' parakeet.
(b) A servant of the Birds'.
(c) The Birds' cat.
(d) The Birds' dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of this Chapter 6 is "Discovery." Why is this an appropriate chapter title?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
3. Who is "Black Sam?"
4. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
5. What does Mr. Haley say to Mr. Shelby that is insulting?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)