Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(b) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(c) The exterior of George's house.
(d) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
2. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(b) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(c) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(b) The Constitution.
4. When Mr. Haley becomes agitated during their discussion of slave treatment, what does Mr. Shelby try to calm him with?
(a) A hearty breakfast.
(b) Tea and cornbread.
(c) Tea and honey.
5. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(b) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(c) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(d) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Shelby think that Haley speaks of too casually and disrespectfully?
2. Who is Cudjoe?
3. When Eliza is describe as a "petted and indulged favorite," what does this mean?
4. What does Mr. Shelby offer Haley to content him when their business deal gets delayed?
5. Why doesn't Eliza see her husband much?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)