|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(d) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
2. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) A letter to Tom.
(b) Directions to the nearest city.
(c) Directions to New Orleans.
(d) A pass and a recommendation.
3. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
(a) A man who talks with Haley on the boat.
(b) The riverboat captain.
(c) Little Eva's father.
(d) Little Eva's mother.
4. Who is Eva?
(a) A little white girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
(b) A female slave roughly Tom's age whom he meets on the riverboat.
(c) A slave who belongs to the riverboat captain.
(d) A little black girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
5. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A ten-dollar bill.
(b) A fifty-dollar bill.
(c) A twenty-dollar bill.
(d) A hundred-dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
2. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)