|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(b) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
(c) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(d) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
(b) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
(c) A story she made up about being beaten.
(d) A story about her evil owners.
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A ten-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A fifty-dollar bill.
4. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) A gardener.
(b) Uncle Tom's wife.
(c) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(d) Mrs. Shelby's name.
5. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Eliza's husband.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(c) Mr. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
2. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
3. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
4. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
5. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)