|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(b) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(c) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(d) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
2. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is in charge of all child care.
(b) She is the head cook.
(c) She is gardener.
(d) She is in charge of rotating crops.
3. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(b) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(b) The Constitution.
5. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
(a) Little Eva's mother.
(b) The riverboat captain.
(c) A man who talks with Haley on the boat.
(d) Little Eva's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
2. Who is Dinah?
3. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
4. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
5. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)