|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mrs. Shelby's name.
(b) A gardener.
(c) Uncle Tom's wife.
(d) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
2. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(b) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(c) The entrance of a United States marshal.
(d) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
3. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
(a) Little Eva's father.
(b) The riverboat captain.
(c) Little Eva's mother.
(d) A man who talks with Haley on the boat.
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A ten-dollar bill.
(c) A fifty-dollar bill.
(d) A hundred-dollar bill.
5. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
(a) A menu offering only Kentucky whisky and Kentucky wine.
(b) An advertisement offering a reward to find a runaway slave.
(c) A copy of the Fugitive Slave Act.
(d) The daily news paper of this town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
2. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
3. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)