|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(b) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(c) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(d) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
2. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) A pass and a recommendation.
(b) A letter to Tom.
(c) Directions to New Orleans.
(d) Directions to the nearest city.
3. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(a) Kansas City.
(d) New Orleans.
4. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(b) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(d) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
5. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(a) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
2. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
3. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
4. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
5. Who is Aunt Chloe?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)