|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eva?
(a) A slave who belongs to the riverboat captain.
(b) A little black girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
(c) A female slave roughly Tom's age whom he meets on the riverboat.
(d) A little white girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
2. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
3. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With understanding and patience.
(b) With anger.
(c) With astonishment.
(d) With pleasure.
4. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
(a) The daily news paper of this town.
(b) An advertisement offering a reward to find a runaway slave.
(c) A copy of the Fugitive Slave Act.
(d) A menu offering only Kentucky whisky and Kentucky wine.
5. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Harris.
(b) Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Haley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
2. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
3. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
4. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
5. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)