|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
(b) Kentucky City.
2. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(d) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A ten-dollar bill.
(b) A fifty-dollar bill.
(c) A hundred-dollar bill.
(d) A twenty-dollar bill.
4. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
5. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
(a) She feels that she can change her husband's mind.
(b) She is angry and wants to take her favorite slaves and run away.
(c) She feels badly, but accepts the fact that these things happen on plantations.
(d) She feels that it is God's curse on the people involved in slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
2. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. Who is Eva?
5. Who is John Von Trompe?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)