|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Young Master Tom Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom.
2. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(b) Find another woman to marry.
(c) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
(d) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(c) The Constitution.
4. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
(a) A visiting preacher who visits all plantations.
(b) Uncle Tom.
(c) Aunt Chloe.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
5. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
2. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
3. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)