|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Eliza's husband.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(c) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
2. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Kansas City.
3. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is gardener.
(b) She is the head cook.
(c) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(d) She is in charge of all child care.
4. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
(a) The Haley plantation.
5. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
(a) He eats meals with Tom.
(b) He tells Tom that he appreciates Tom's religious beliefs.
(c) He takes the chains off his ankles.
(d) He tells him that he will call off the search for Eliza and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
3. Who is Dinah?
4. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)