|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' niece.
(b) The Birds' maid.
(c) The Birds' dog.
(d) The Birds' daughter.
2. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
3. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
(a) The Haley plantation.
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mr. Bird.
(b) Mrs. Bird.
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
(a) We see evidence when they take turns reading the Bible aloud.
(b) We see their faith in Christianity when they say the rosary together.
(c) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when Aunt Chloe gets on her knees and prays.
(d) We see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity when they have a prayer meeting in the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
2. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
3. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
5. Who is Aunt Chloe?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)