|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. Wilson.
(c) Mr. Von Trompe.
(d) Mr. Harris.
2. In the description of George, what is said about his father?
(a) He doesn't know who his father is.
(b) His father is actually Mr. Shelby.
(c) His father is actually Mr. Haley.
(d) His father is actually Uncle Tom.
3. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(b) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
(d) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(c) The Constitution.
5. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Chloe?
2. In what state does Senator Bird live?
3. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
4. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
5. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)