|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(a) West Virginia.
2. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
(a) He encourages Eliza to run away and offers to care for her son until she can send for him.
(b) He says he feels badly, but he would never run away becase he would never want to disappoint his master.
(c) Uncle Tom tells Eliza that she must be mistaken and that Mr. Shelby would never do such a thing.
(d) He encourages Eliza to get Mrs. Shelby to help her hide.
3. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Aunt Chloe.
(c) A visiting preacher who visits all plantations.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
4. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' cat.
(b) The Birds' dog.
(c) A servant of the Birds'.
(d) The Birds' parakeet.
5. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(b) Find another woman to marry.
(c) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(d) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Mr. Butler?"
2. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
3. Who is John Von Trompe?
4. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
5. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)