|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Shelby first learn the details about Mr. Haley's visit to the plantation?
(a) She finds out from young Master George that evening.
(b) Mrs. Shelby doesn't find out about Mr. Haley and why he visits until she asks her husband about the meeting.
(c) She finds out when she walks in and hears them trying to whisper their plan.
(d) She finds out from Eliza that evening.
2. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
(a) Aunt Chloe.
(b) A visiting preacher who visits all plantations.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
3. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
(a) He takes the chains off his ankles.
(b) He tells him that he will call off the search for Eliza and Harry.
(c) He tells Tom that he appreciates Tom's religious beliefs.
(d) He eats meals with Tom.
4. Who is Aunt Chloe?
(a) Mr. Shelby's aunt who lives with them.
(b) A gardener.
(c) Uncle Tom's wife.
(d) Mrs. Shelby's name.
5. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
(a) Young Master Tom Shelby.
(b) Mr. Shelby.
(c) Mrs. Shelby.
(d) Uncle Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
2. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
3. In what state does Senator Bird live?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
5. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)