|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Shelby's get Uncle Tom's letter, what does Mr. Shelby say that Tom should do to get on with his life?
(a) Find another woman to marry.
(b) Ask his new employer to uy Aunt Chloe and their childen.
(c) Ask if he can visit the Shelbys.
(d) Work hard and pray for things to work out.
2. Who is Augustine St. Clare?
(a) A man who talks with Haley on the boat.
(b) Little Eva's mother.
(c) The riverboat captain.
(d) Little Eva's father.
3. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
(b) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
(c) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(d) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
4. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
(a) Mrs. Shelby.
(b) Young Master Tom Shelby.
(c) Uncle Tom.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
5. Who is the man the reader first meets by name in the tavern where a number of white Kentuckians are drinking and socializing in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Haley.
(b) Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) Mr. Harris.
(d) Mr. Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
2. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
3. Who is Dinah?
4. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
5. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)