|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
(a) He goes home with Mr. Haley.
(b) He stays on the boat and reads his Bible.
(c) He goes to a tavern and waits for Mr. Haley to be done with dinner.
(d) He goes to St. Clare plantation.
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With understanding and patience.
(b) With astonishment.
(c) With pleasure.
(d) With anger.
3. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(b) Kansas City.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(d) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
5. How does Eliza react to business transaction she hears Mr. Shelby talk about with Mr. Haley?
(a) She wakes Harry and her husband and they set off to run away together.
(b) She wakes Harry and Uncle Tom and asks Mrs. Shelby to help them find a safe place to live.
(c) She asks Mrs. Shelby to help her hide so that they cannot find her the next day.
(d) She wakes Harry, packs up a few things, and sets off to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Senator Bird live?
2. What is Mr. Shelby's opinion of Mrs. Shelby's knowledge of business?
3. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
4. Who is Dinah?
5. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)