|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of a United States marshal.
(b) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
(c) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
(d) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(b) The exterior of George's house.
(c) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(d) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
3. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(b) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(c) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(d) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
4. Who is Eva?
(a) A little black girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
(b) A slave who belongs to the riverboat captain.
(c) A female slave roughly Tom's age whom he meets on the riverboat.
(d) A little white girl Tom meets on the riverboat.
5. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' maid.
(b) The Birds' niece.
(c) The Birds' dog.
(d) The Birds' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. When does the reader see evidence of the slaves belief in Christianity in Chapter 4?
4. How does Mrs. Shelby view the news of "her" slaves being sold?
5. Who on the Shelby plantation offers first to earn extra money in Chapter 21?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)