|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(d) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
2. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(d) West Virginia.
3. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
(a) Visiting Tom in New Orleans.
(b) Having Tom visit his family on a regular basis.
(c) Buying the New Orleans plantation.
(d) Buying back Tom.
4. Who is the character "Mas'r George" who is teaching Uncle Tom how to write?
(a) Eliza's husband.
(b) Mr. Shelby's son, George.
(c) Uncle Tom's eldest son.
(d) Mr. Shelby.
5. When Mr. Haley leaves Mr. Shelby, what is the awful truth that Mrs. Shelby learns?
(a) Uncle Tom will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(b) Uncle Tom and Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
(c) Uncle Tom will be sold, but that he can stay until after harvest.
(d) Harry will be sold and gone tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
2. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
3. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. Who is John Von Trompe?
5. Who is Dinah?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)