|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
(c) The Haley plantation.
2. After they get the letter from Tom, what does Aunt Chloe ask Mrs. Shelby to write for her?
(a) A pass and a recommendation.
(b) A letter to Tom.
(c) Directions to the nearest city.
(d) Directions to New Orleans.
3. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(b) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(c) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(d) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
(a) The exterior of the main house on the plantation.
(b) The exterior of Uncle Tom's cabin.
(c) The exterior of Eliza's slave quarters.
(d) The exterior of George's house.
5. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
(a) He takes the chains off his ankles.
(b) He tells Tom that he appreciates Tom's religious beliefs.
(c) He eats meals with Tom.
(d) He tells him that he will call off the search for Eliza and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Senator Bird live?
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
4. In what city is the confectioner's shop (bakery that interests the Shelby plantation women)?
5. How does Uncle Tom receive the news of the slaves on Shelby plantation being sold?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)