|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aunt Chloe's primary responsibility of the plantation?
(a) She is in charge of rotating crops.
(b) She is the head cook.
(c) She is in charge of all child care.
(d) She is gardener.
2. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
(a) He knows how to take care of horses.
(b) He knows how to cook.
(c) He knows how to plant crops.
(d) He knows how supervise a house staff.
3. In the conversation in the tavern about how to best manage slaves, what is it that interrupts this discussion?
(a) The entrance of a United States marshal.
(b) The entrance of Mr. Haley accompanied by Uncle Tom.
(c) The entrance of a man who is said to look like a Spaniard.
(d) The entrance of Mr. Von Trompe.
4. Where is Mr. Butler headed when the reader meets him in the tavern?
(b) The Haley plantation.
5. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' dog.
(b) A servant of the Birds'.
(c) The Birds' parakeet.
(d) The Birds' cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dinah?
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
3. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
4. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
5. When Aunt Chloe gets a letter from Tom, what issue does it raise in the Shelby household?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)