Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Haley is with Mr. Shelby, how does Eliza find out about the upcoming sale of the slaves?
(a) She hides in the closet to hear Mr. and Mrs. Shelby talk.
(b) She has read the journal on Mr. Shelby's desk when she cleaned.
(c) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and young Master George talk.
(d) She hides in the closet to hear Shelby and Haley talk.
2. At the end of the Chapter 16, what aspect of work does Tom say he has experience with?
(a) He knows how to cook.
(b) He knows how to plant crops.
(c) He knows how supervise a house staff.
(d) He knows how to take care of horses.
3. What has Haley done to Tom that reveals that even Haley recognizes Tom's gentleness and loyalty to his master?
(a) He tells Tom that he appreciates Tom's religious beliefs.
(b) He takes the chains off his ankles.
(c) He eats meals with Tom.
(d) He tells him that he will call off the search for Eliza and Harry.
4. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' cat.
(b) The Birds' dog.
(c) A servant of the Birds'.
(d) The Birds' parakeet.
5. Where is the boat bound for that Tom boards with Mr. Haley?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Von Trompe?
2. When the boat Tom is aboard docks, what does Tom do?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does "a neat garden patch, where, every summer, strawberries, raspberries, and a variety of fruit and vegetables, flourished" describe?
4. In the tavern, what is it that one of the Kentuckians brings to the stranger to read?
5. Who assumes the role of a preacher when the slaves practice their religion?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)