|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(d) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
2. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
3. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(b) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(c) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(d) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
4. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are sold.
(b) They are divided up among other slaves.
(c) They are made fun of.
(d) They are burned.
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(c) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
3. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
5. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)