|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(b) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(c) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
2. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(b) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
3. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are well fed and well cleaned.
(b) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(c) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
(d) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
4. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' cat.
(b) The Birds' parakeet.
(c) The Birds' dog.
(d) A servant of the Birds'.
5. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(b) To become a Christian.
(c) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
(d) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
2. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
3. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
4. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
5. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)