|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(b) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
(d) Being with his wife and children.
2. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) Her own cabin.
(d) A warm coat.
3. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(b) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
(c) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
(d) To become a Christian.
4. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(b) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
(c) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(d) On the Red River in Mississippi.
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(d) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
2. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
3. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
4. Who is Cudjoe?
5. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)