|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) A story about her evil owners.
(b) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
(c) A story she made up about being beaten.
(d) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
2. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To become a Christian.
(b) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(c) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
(d) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
3. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(b) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(d) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
4. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(b) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
5. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
(b) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
2. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
3. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
5. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)