|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(d) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
3. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(b) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
4. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(d) West Virginia.
5. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) A warm coat.
(d) Her own cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
2. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
3. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
4. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
5. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)