|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(b) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(c) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(d) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
2. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(c) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
3. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
(a) A white man who supervises the slaves on the Halliday plantation.
(b) A friend of the Hallidays and a fellow Quaker.
(c) A slave who wants to join Eliza and George on their journey north.
(d) A slave catcher.
4. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
(a) A twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A ten-dollar bill.
(c) A fifty-dollar bill.
(d) A hundred-dollar bill.
5. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
(a) Halliday is proud of Phineas.
(b) Halliday lets Phineas lecture him.
(c) Halliday says he can tell Phineas was not born a Quaker.
(d) Halliday is ashamed of Phineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
3. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
4. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
5. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)