|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' maid.
(b) The Birds' niece.
(c) The Birds' dog.
(d) The Birds' daughter.
2. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(b) West Virginia.
3. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
(b) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(c) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
(d) They are well fed and well cleaned.
4. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
(a) Slave catchers looking for Eliza and her family.
(b) A warrant issued for the Quakers who are hiding slaves.
(c) A slave named Tom is looking for Eliza to come to a plantation in New Orleans.
(d) A reward for catching the runaway slaves.
5. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) Her own cabin.
(b) A warm coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
4. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)