|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' daughter.
(b) The Birds' niece.
(c) The Birds' dog.
(d) The Birds' maid.
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(b) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(c) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(d) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
3. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
4. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
(b) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
(c) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(d) They are well fed and well cleaned.
5. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) A warm coat.
(b) Her own cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
2. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
4. Who is Cudjoe?
5. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)