|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
(a) Asks him not to touch her.
(c) Asks her mother to stop him.
(d) Pushes him away.
2. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(b) A warm coat.
(d) Her own cabin.
3. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(b) To become a Christian.
(c) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
(d) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
4. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
5. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(c) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
(d) Being with his wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Bird give someone to help support Eliza before he and she parted?
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
3. Who is John Von Trompe?
4. Who is Dinah?
5. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)