|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(b) West Virginia.
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
(b) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
(c) A story she made up about being beaten.
(d) A story about her evil owners.
3. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
(c) Being with his wife and children.
4. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) A warm coat.
(c) Her own cabin.
5. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
(a) Asks him not to touch her.
(c) Pushes him away.
(d) Asks her mother to stop him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
2. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
3. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
5. Who is Cudjoe?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)