|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cudjoe?
(a) The Birds' cat.
(b) The Birds' dog.
(c) The Birds' parakeet.
(d) A servant of the Birds'.
2. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(c) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
3. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(a) West Virginia.
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) The Constitution.
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
(b) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(c) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(d) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
3. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
4. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
5. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)