|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are made fun of.
(b) They are sold.
(c) They are divided up among other slaves.
(d) They are burned.
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With pleasure.
(b) With anger.
(c) With understanding and patience.
(d) With astonishment.
3. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(c) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
(d) Being with his wife and children.
4. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(b) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
(c) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(d) On the Red River in Mississippi.
5. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) Her own cabin.
(d) A warm coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
2. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
3. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. Who is Cudjoe?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)