|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) The Constitution.
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(b) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(c) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(d) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
3. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To become a Christian.
(b) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
(c) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
(d) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
4. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
5. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
(a) Halliday says he can tell Phineas was not born a Quaker.
(b) Halliday lets Phineas lecture him.
(c) Halliday is ashamed of Phineas.
(d) Halliday is proud of Phineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Senator Bird live?
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
3. Who is Cudjoe?
4. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
5. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)