|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(b) Mrs. Bird.
(c) Mr. Bird.
2. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bow and arrow.
3. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(d) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
4. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
(a) Halliday is ashamed of Phineas.
(b) Halliday lets Phineas lecture him.
(c) Halliday is proud of Phineas.
(d) Halliday says he can tell Phineas was not born a Quaker.
5. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(c) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
(d) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
2. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
4. In what state does Senator Bird live?
5. Who is Cudjoe?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)