|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(b) They are well fed and well cleaned.
(c) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
(d) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
2. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(c) The Constitution.
3. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
(a) A story she made up about being beaten.
(b) A story about her evil owners.
(c) A story about her masters not giving her sick child health care.
(d) The story of her escape and exhaustion.
4. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
(a) Mrs. Bird.
(d) Mr. Bird.
5. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(b) A warm coat.
(d) Her own cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
3. Who is Cudjoe?
4. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
5. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)