|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(b) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(c) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(d) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
2. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
(a) Halliday lets Phineas lecture him.
(b) Halliday is proud of Phineas.
(c) Halliday says he can tell Phineas was not born a Quaker.
(d) Halliday is ashamed of Phineas.
3. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are well fed and well cleaned.
(b) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(c) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
(d) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
4. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
(a) A warrant issued for the Quakers who are hiding slaves.
(b) A slave named Tom is looking for Eliza to come to a plantation in New Orleans.
(c) Slave catchers looking for Eliza and her family.
(d) A reward for catching the runaway slaves.
5. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(c) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
(d) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dinah?
2. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
3. Who is Cudjoe?
4. Who is John Von Trompe?
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)