|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
(a) Being with his wife and children.
(b) Eva reading to him from the Bible.
2. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
3. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
(a) To leave for Canada alone and then send for her and Harry.
(b) To live with the Hallidays for a while.
(c) To become a Christian.
(d) That it is better for the three of them to travel together.
4. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(c) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(d) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
5. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(b) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
(c) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(d) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
2. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
3. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
4. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
5. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)