|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
(a) A slave named Tom is looking for Eliza to come to a plantation in New Orleans.
(b) Slave catchers looking for Eliza and her family.
(c) A reward for catching the runaway slaves.
(d) A warrant issued for the Quakers who are hiding slaves.
2. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
(b) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
3. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) To make it legal for slave traders to enter free states.
(b) To make it legal for people in norther states to aid runaway slaves.
(c) To make it illegal for slave catchers to enter free states.
(d) To make it illegal for people in northern states to aid runaway slaves.
4. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
(a) Halliday is proud of Phineas.
(b) Halliday says he can tell Phineas was not born a Quaker.
(c) Halliday is ashamed of Phineas.
(d) Halliday lets Phineas lecture him.
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
2. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
3. Who is Cudjoe?
4. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
5. Who is Phineas Fletcher?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)