|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' dog.
(b) The Birds' maid.
(c) The Birds' niece.
(d) The Birds' daughter.
2. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
(a) Led them to seperate cozy rooms where they could sleep.
(b) Took them to a nearby inn so she would not be violating the Fugitive Slave Act.
(c) Led them in front of the fire where they fell asleep in chairs.
(d) Let them fall asleep together on a temporary bed.
3. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
(a) A warm coat.
(c) Her own cabin.
4. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
(a) Halliday is proud of Phineas.
(b) Halliday lets Phineas lecture him.
(c) Halliday is ashamed of Phineas.
(d) Halliday says he can tell Phineas was not born a Quaker.
5. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
2. Who is Cudjoe?
3. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
4. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
5. What does Eliza tell the Birds when she appears at their house?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)