|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of the action of the Chapter 17, what happens to Tom Lokar?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He has met with Phineas, who gives him misleading information.
(c) He goes to the Halliday home and served a good meal.
(d) He goes to the Halliday home and spies on Eliza and George.
2. At the slave auction, what does Emmeline do when Legree examined her?
(a) Pushes him away.
(b) Asks him not to touch her.
(d) Asks her mother to stop him.
3. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
(a) They are asked to give their last two owners' histories.
(b) They are questioned about their strength and given an endurance test.
(c) They are well fed and well cleaned.
(d) They are asked to sit and they are given a number.
4. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(b) The Constitution.
5. In what state does Senator Bird live?
(a) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
2. Who is Dinah?
3. At the end of the slave auction, what does Legree promise to give Emmeline if she "is a good girl?"
4. What does Mrs. Bird do to let Eliza and Harry rest?
5. Who is John Von Trompe?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)