|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Mrs. Bird feels is ignored by the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(d) The Constitution.
2. Who is John Von Trompe?
(a) A lawyer whom Haley hired to retrieve Eliza and Harry.
(b) A person who works as part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) A lawyer who worked with all slave traders in the North.
(d) A lawyer who worked against all slave traders who came North.
3. When Phineas expresses understanding about this thing George possesses, how does Mr. Halliday react?
(a) Halliday lets Phineas lecture him.
(b) Halliday says he can tell Phineas was not born a Quaker.
(c) Halliday is ashamed of Phineas.
(d) Halliday is proud of Phineas.
4. How does Senator Bird react when his wife objects to the passing of the Fugitive Slave Act?
(a) With astonishment.
(b) With pleasure.
(c) With anger.
(d) With understanding and patience.
5. What is done with Tom's clothes at the slave auction?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They are sold.
(c) They are divided up among other slaves.
(d) They are made fun of.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
2. Who says that he/she "wouldn't give a flip" for politics?
3. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
4. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)