|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which includes most of the descriptive details of Eliza at the doorstep of the Bird's house?
(a) Torn, frozen clothes, bleeding, arm broken and in a sling.
(b) Torn, frozen clothes, one shoe missing, bleeding.
(c) Torn, frozen clothes, and bandaged head.
(d) Torn, frozen clothes.
2. Where is Simon Legree's plantation?
(a) On the Red River in Louisiana.
(b) On the Red River in Mississippi.
(c) On the Mississippi River in Louisiana.
(d) On the New Orleans River in Lousiana.
3. When Phineas and Mr. Halliday are counseling George, What does George have that they are worried about?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bow and arrow.
4. Who is Dinah?
(a) The Birds' daughter.
(b) The Birds' maid.
(c) The Birds' niece.
(d) The Birds' dog.
5. When Phineas is in the town where the Hallidays live, what does he hear a conversation about?
(a) Slave catchers looking for Eliza and her family.
(b) A warrant issued for the Quakers who are hiding slaves.
(c) A reward for catching the runaway slaves.
(d) A slave named Tom is looking for Eliza to come to a plantation in New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When George and Eliza are reunited, what is Eliza trying to convince George of?
2. As Chapter 30 begins, what is the treatment of slaves at a slave warehouse?
3. In what state does Senator Bird live?
4. On the first night at the Legree plantation, what does Tom dream of when he falls asleep?
5. What is the main point of the Fugitive Slave Act?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)