|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue tell the Sheriff to do?
2. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
3. What party is Booker a member of?
4. Where is the mayor waiting for Taylor?
5. What kind of music does the salesman play on the graphophone?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his goals and motives. Does he achieve his motives? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Communism and Christianity.
1) In what way is Communism the opposite of Christianity?
2) Why does Wright show Communism as a forward move for black people?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Wright use character and setting to express his themes?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)