Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
2. Who does Taylor think has always owned the whole world?
3. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
4. What does Sue think weakened her?
5. What does Ruth give the baby to play with?
Examine the differences between the Jim Crow system and slavery.
1) What were the differences between the Jim Crow system and slavery?
2) In what way does Wright present the Jim Crow system as hypocritical and no better than slavery?
Examine the whites' oppression of black people.
1) In what way could it be said that it was to the whites' benefit that they keep the black people down?
2) How much of the oppression was pure racism and how much was it due to fear? What did the white man fear?
3) In what way could it be said the equality between races has benefited society?
Discuss Wright's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book? How important was Wright in changing representations of black people?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)