|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Taylor in this section?
(a) Brother Davie
(b) Deacon Smith
(c) Deacon Hotbath
(d) Brother Bonds
2. What does Sarah think she is lucky to have?
(a) A house away from the white folk
(b) Enough money to eat
(c) A house and a hardworking husband
(d) A baby
3. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
(c) No fun
4. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) A sky scraper
(b) An airport beacon
(c) A lighthouse
(d) A tower
5. What does Silas find on the quilt?
(a) A record
(b) A note book
(c) A pencil
(d) A toy car
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
2. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
3. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
4. What does Ruth give the baby to play with?
5. What party is Booker a member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sheriff break Johnny's ear drum?
2. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
3. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
4. What does Taylor say in his speech?
5. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
6. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
7. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
8. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
9. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
10. What did Sue used to believe in?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)