|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sue shoot through the sheet?
(a) The sheriff
2. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
(a) A hammer
(b) A crow bar
(c) A brick
(d) A rock
3. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A fallen tree
(b) A log
(c) A plank
(d) A box
4. What does Silas do with the graphophone?
(a) Plays it
(b) Spits on it
(c) Kisses it
(d) Breaks it
5. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Johnny?
(a) Cripple him
(b) Rape him
(c) Blind him
(d) Kill him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sue see when she wakes up?
2. What is the title of the song Sue sings in this chapter?
3. When does the salesman say he will come back?
4. Where does Taylor want Deacon Smith to wait?
5. What is the name of the chief of police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
2. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
3. How does Sarah know Tom?
4. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
5. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
6. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
7. What did Sue used to believe in?
8. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
9. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
10. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)