|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mob light the house with?
(c) Lighter fluid
2. What is the title of the song Sue sings in this chapter?
(b) Morning has Broken
(c) Bright and Morning Star
(d) Mother's Little Helper
3. What is the name of the chief of police?
(a) Chief Burden
(b) Chief Bruden
(c) Chief Rogets
(d) Chief Davies
4. What does the salesman try to sell to Sarah?
(a) Kitchen pots
(b) A clock
(c) A calendar
(d) A watch
5. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) How much money she has
(b) How she cooks her greens nicely
(c) Where Johnny Boy is
(d) Names of Communists
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ruth's baby?
2. What does Sarah say she worries about?
3. What does Johnny Boy have to do to live?
4. What does the mayor describe both himself and Taylor as?
5. Why does Sue not trust Booker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
2. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
3. What did Sue used to believe in?
4. What does Pastor Dan Taylor think about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
6. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
7. How does Sue react to the white men in her kitchen?
8. What does Johnny say he believes in in this chapter?
9. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
10. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)