|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
(a) In the hills
(b) By Foley's woods
(c) In Reva's house
(d) On Highway 34
2. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
(a) The sheriff
(b) The taxidriver
(c) The salesman
3. What does Sue think weakened her?
(a) Taking to Booker
(b) Married life
(c) Having children
(d) Shouting at the sheriff
4. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
(a) The livng room
(b) The study
(c) The dining room
(d) The kitchen
5. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A polar bear
(b) An unseen force
(c) A white man
(d) A rabbit
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
2. Why does Taylor not enter the white church?
3. What is the title of the song Sue sings in this chapter?
4. What does Chief Bruden greet Taylor as?
5. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
2. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
3. How does Sarah know Tom?
4. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
5. What does Pastor Dan Taylor think about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
6. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
7. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
8. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
9. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
10. What did Sue used to believe in?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)