|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ruth's baby?
2. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(c) The promised land
3. Who is at Sue's door?
(c) The sheriff
4. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
(a) The town hall
(b) The mountains
(c) The hills
(d) The hospital
5. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A white man
(c) A polar bear
(d) An unseen force
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sue see when she wakes up?
2. Where did Sarah kiss Tom for the first time?
3. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
4. Who does Sue shoot through the sheet?
5. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
2. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
3. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
4. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
5. Describe the confrontation between Silas and the white men in Chapter 16.
6. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
7. How does the sheriff break Johnny's ear drum?
8. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
9. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
10. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)