|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnny Boy go out to warn?
(a) His comrades
(b) His brother
(d) The sheriff
2. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
(b) The salesman
(c) The sheriff
(d) The taxidriver
3. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
(a) Rich and poor
(c) Law and order
4. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
5. What does Chief Bruden greet Taylor as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
2. What is the name of Taylor's son?
3. Where does Sarah run to in this section?
4. Where is the mayor waiting for Taylor?
5. What does Sue tell the Sheriff to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
2. Describe the confrontation between Silas and the white men in Chapter 16.
3. How does the sheriff break Johnny's ear drum?
4. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
5. How does Sarah know Tom?
6. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
7. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
8. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
9. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
10. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)