|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) An unseen force
(b) A rabbit
(c) A polar bear
(d) A white man
2. What does Sarah say she worries about?
(a) Johnny's health
(b) The number of whites Johnny hires
(c) If dinner is good enough
(d) Reva's health
3. What is the name of Taylor's son?
4. What are Sue's last words?
(a) My son has pride
(b) You didn't get what you wanted
(c) Open your hearts
(d) Burn in hell
5. What does Sue plan to hide inside the sheet?
(a) A gun
(b) A harpoon
(c) A knife
(d) A bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sue see when she wakes up?
2. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
3. What is the name of Sarah's husband?
4. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
5. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
2. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
3. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
4. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
5. What does Johnny say he believes in in this chapter?
6. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
7. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
8. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
9. What does Taylor say in his speech?
10. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)