|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taylor accuse Smith of doing?
(a) Devil worship
(b) Calling him boy
(c) Taking over the church
(d) Abusing his position
2. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
3. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
(a) Rich and poor
(c) Law and order
4. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
(c) A hug
(d) A rabbit's foot
5. How does Sue try and help her two boys?
(a) Making sure they get enough sleep
(b) Cooking them dinner
(c) By washing clothes
(d) Keeping the house tidy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in this story?
2. What does Sarah think she is lucky to have?
3. Where does Sarah run to in this section?
4. What kind of music does the salesman play on the graphophone?
5. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
2. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
3. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
4. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
5. What did Sue used to believe in?
6. What does Johnny say he believes in in this chapter?
7. What does Taylor say in his speech?
8. Describe the confrontation between Silas and the white men in Chapter 16.
9. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
10. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)