|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
2. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
(a) The Communists
(b) Black muslims
(d) Black women
3. What is the name of the main character in this story?
4. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A fallen tree
(b) A log
(c) A plank
(d) A box
5. Why does Taylor not enter the white church?
(a) He does not trust the preacher
(b) He knows he will be killed
(c) He thinks they worship the devil
(d) He is not allowed in
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sue's last words?
2. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
3. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
4. What is the title of the song Sue sings in this chapter?
5. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue react to the white men in her kitchen?
2. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
3. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
4. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
5. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
6. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
7. How does Sarah know Tom?
8. Describe the confrontation between Silas and the white men in Chapter 16.
9. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
10. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)