|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
(a) Yeats and Dale
(b) Hadley and Green
(c) Jones and Jones
(d) Arding and Hobbs
2. What does Reva confirm to Sue?
(a) White people are evil
(b) Booker is an informer
(c) Johnny Boy is dead
(d) The end is nigh
3. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
(a) Rich and poor
(b) Law and order
4. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(c) The promised land
5. What has Silas gotten more of in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silas find on the quilt?
2. When does the salesman say he will come back?
3. Where is the mayor waiting for Taylor?
4. What is the name of the chief of police?
5. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
2. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
3. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
5. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
6. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
7. What did Sue used to believe in?
8. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
9. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
10. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)