|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Taylor want Deacon Smith to wait?
(a) The woods
(b) The scaffold
(c) The basement
(d) The Bible room
2. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(a) The devil
(c) The promised land
3. What does the salesman try to sell to Sarah?
(a) A calendar
(b) Kitchen pots
(c) A watch
(d) A clock
4. What does the mob light the house with?
(b) Lighter fluid
5. Where did Sarah kiss Tom for the first time?
(a) Lover's Lane
(b) The cornfields
(c) The boat shed
(d) The hay barn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
2. What does Johnny Boy have to do to live?
3. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
4. What does Silas start throwing out of his house?
5. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
2. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
3. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
4. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
5. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
6. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
7. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
8. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
9. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
10. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)