|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue try and help her two boys?
(a) Making sure they get enough sleep
(b) Cooking them dinner
(c) Keeping the house tidy
(d) By washing clothes
2. What does the mob light the house with?
(c) Lighter fluid
3. What is the title of the song Sue sings in this chapter?
(a) Morning has Broken
(b) Mother's Little Helper
(d) Bright and Morning Star
4. What does Sue plan to hide inside the sheet?
(a) A bible
(b) A knife
(c) A gun
(d) A harpoon
5. What does Sue remember the sheriff saying to get for her son?
(a) A gog
(b) A gun
(c) A sheet
(d) A bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Taylor think has always owned the whole world?
2. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
3. What has Silas gotten more of in this section?
4. Who does Johnny Boy go out to warn?
5. When does the salesman say he will come back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
2. What did Sue used to believe in?
3. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
4. How does Sarah know Tom?
5. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
6. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
7. What does Pastor Dan Taylor think about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
8. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
9. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
10. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)