|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taylor accuse Smith of doing?
(a) Calling him boy
(b) Abusing his position
(c) Devil worship
(d) Taking over the church
2. What does Silas start throwing out of his house?
3. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A polar bear
(c) A white man
(d) An unseen force
4. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(b) The promised land
(d) The devil
5. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
(b) A rabbit's foot
(c) A hug
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the salesman say he will come back?
2. What does Silas find on the quilt?
3. What does Sarah dream she is being dragged into?
4. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
5. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
2. What does Johnny say he believes in in this chapter?
3. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
4. What does Taylor say in his speech?
5. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
6. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
7. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
8. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
9. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
10. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)