|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
(a) The mountains
(b) The town hall
(c) The hospital
(d) The hills
2. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Johnny?
(a) Rape him
(b) Cripple him
(c) Blind him
(d) Kill him
3. Where does Taylor want Deacon Smith to wait?
(a) The scaffold
(b) The Bible room
(c) The basement
(d) The woods
4. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
(a) Deacon Smith
(b) Brother Jones
(c) The sheriff
(d) The major
5. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
(a) If he has a gun
(b) Who killed a white man
(c) If he robbed the bank
(d) Names of Communists
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the salesman say he will come back?
2. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
3. What is the name of Ruth's baby?
4. What is the name of Sue's son?
5. What is the name of the main character in this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
2. What did Sue used to believe in?
3. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
5. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
6. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
7. How does Sarah know Tom?
8. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
9. What does Johnny say he believes in in this chapter?
10. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)