|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sue's last words?
(a) Open your hearts
(b) My son has pride
(c) Burn in hell
(d) You didn't get what you wanted
2. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A white man
(b) An unseen force
(c) A rabbit
(d) A polar bear
3. What do the sheriff's men throw over Sue?
(b) Hot water
(d) Hot oil
4. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
(a) The town hall
(b) The hills
(c) The mountains
(d) The hospital
5. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
(a) He wants to meet somewhere quieter
(b) He has left
(c) He is ill
(d) He has no money
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
2. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
3. What does Silas find on the quilt?
4. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
5. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sue used to believe in?
2. What does Pastor Dan Taylor think about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. How does Sue react to the white men in her kitchen?
4. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
5. How does Sarah know Tom?
6. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
7. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
8. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
9. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
10. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)