|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
(a) He wants to meet somewhere quieter
(b) He is ill
(c) He has left
(d) He has no money
2. What is the name of Sue's son?
(b) Johnny Boy
(c) Big Boy
3. Who does Sue shoot through the sheet?
(c) The sheriff
4. What does the salesman try to sell to Sarah?
(a) Kitchen pots
(b) A watch
(c) A calendar
(d) A clock
5. Who visits Taylor in this section?
(a) Deacon Smith
(b) Brother Davie
(c) Brother Bonds
(d) Deacon Hotbath
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chief of police?
2. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
3. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
4. What does Chief Bruden greet Taylor as?
5. What does the sheriff say Sue will need to collect her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sue used to believe in?
2. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
3. What does Taylor say in his speech?
4. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
6. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
7. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
8. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
9. How does the sheriff break Johnny's ear drum?
10. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)