|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
(a) He wants to meet somewhere quieter
(b) He has left
(c) He is ill
(d) He has no money
2. What does Silas do with the graphophone?
(a) Plays it
(b) Spits on it
(c) Breaks it
(d) Kisses it
3. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) A lighthouse
(b) A sky scraper
(c) An airport beacon
(d) A tower
4. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A log
(b) A box
(c) A fallen tree
(d) A plank
5. Where does Taylor want Deacon Smith to wait?
(a) The woods
(b) The basement
(c) The Bible room
(d) The scaffold
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chief of police?
2. What does Sue think weakened her?
3. What does Sue hope that Booker is not?
4. Where is the mayor waiting for Taylor?
5. What does the mob light the house with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Silas and the white men in Chapter 16.
2. How does Sarah know Tom?
3. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
4. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
5. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
6. How does Sue react to the white men in her kitchen?
7. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
8. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
9. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
10. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)