|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
(a) Jones and Jones
(b) Hadley and Green
(c) Yeats and Dale
(d) Arding and Hobbs
2. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
3. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) A sky scraper
(b) A lighthouse
(c) An airport beacon
(d) A tower
4. Who does Sue see when she wakes up?
(a) The sheriff
(c) Johnny Boy
5. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ruth's baby?
2. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
3. Who does Taylor think has always owned the whole world?
4. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
5. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
2. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
3. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
4. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
5. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
6. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
7. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
8. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
9. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
10. How does the sheriff break Johnny's ear drum?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)