|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
2. Who visits Taylor in this section?
(a) Brother Bonds
(b) Deacon Hotbath
(c) Brother Davie
(d) Deacon Smith
3. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A polar bear
(c) An unseen force
(d) A white man
4. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
5. What are Sue's last words?
(a) Burn in hell
(b) Open your hearts
(c) My son has pride
(d) You didn't get what you wanted
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
2. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
3. What party is Booker a member of?
4. When does the salesman say he will come back?
5. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
2. What does Sarah think about on the hillside?
3. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
4. How does Sue react to the white men in her kitchen?
5. What does Taylor say in his speech?
6. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
7. How does the sheriff break Johnny's ear drum?
8. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
9. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
10. What does Johnny say he believes in in this chapter?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)