|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny Boy say he does not believe in?
(c) Black and white
2. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
(a) Brother Jones
(b) The major
(c) The sheriff
(d) Deacon Smith
3. What is the name of Taylor's son?
4. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
(a) The sheriff
(b) The taxidriver
(d) The salesman
5. What is the name of the chief of police?
(a) Chief Burden
(b) Chief Rogets
(c) Chief Davies
(d) Chief Bruden
Short Answer Questions
1. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
2. What party is Booker a member of?
3. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
4. How does Sue try and help her two boys?
5. What does the salesman try to sell to Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
3. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
4. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
5. What did Sue used to believe in?
6. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
7. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
8. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
9. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
10. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)