|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reva confirm to Sue?
(a) Booker is an informer
(b) Johnny Boy is dead
(c) The end is nigh
(d) White people are evil
2. Why does Sue not trust Booker?
(a) He is white
(b) He is a Communist
(c) He has the devil's eyes
(d) He is a Christian
3. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
4. Who does Taylor think has always owned the whole world?
5. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
(a) Names of Communists
(b) Who killed a white man
(c) If he robbed the bank
(d) If he has a gun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
2. What is the name of Taylor's son?
3. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
4. What does Silas do with the graphophone?
5. What does Taylor accuse Smith of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
2. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
3. What does Pastor Dan Taylor think about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
5. What does Taylor say in his speech?
6. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
7. What did Sue used to believe in?
8. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
9. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
10. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)