|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
2. When does the salesman say he will come back?
(a) Next week
(b) Two weeks
(c) Next month
(d) The next morning
3. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
(a) The Communists
(b) Black women
(c) Black muslims
4. What does the sheriff say Sue will need to collect her son?
(a) A sheet
(b) A bed
(c) A coffin
(d) A bag
5. What does Johnny Boy say he does not believe in?
(c) Black and white
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
2. What does the salesman try to sell to Sarah?
3. What do the sheriff's men throw over Sue?
4. What two belief systems does Sue say she is stuck between?
5. Who visits Taylor in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
2. Describe the confrontation between Sue and the sheriff in Chapter 23.
3. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Silas get angry in Chapter 15?
5. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
6. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
7. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
8. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
9. How does Sue react to the white men in her kitchen?
10. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)