|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the salesman say he will come back?
(a) The next morning
(b) Next week
(c) Two weeks
(d) Next month
2. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
(a) The spread of communism
(b) The end of the world
(c) The people's suffering
(d) The burning of the church
3. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(d) The promised land
4. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A polar bear
(b) A white man
(c) A rabbit
(d) An unseen force
5. What does Taylor accuse Smith of doing?
(a) Devil worship
(b) Abusing his position
(c) Taking over the church
(d) Calling him boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sue's last words?
2. What does Sarah say she worries about?
3. What does the salesman try to sell to Sarah?
4. What does Reva confirm to Sue?
5. What is the title of the song Sue sings in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taylor say in his speech?
2. What does Taylor imagine having the strength to do in Chapter 19?
3. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
4. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
5. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
6. How do the men break Johnny's knees?
7. What does Pastor Dan Taylor think about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
8. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
9. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
10. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)