|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
(a) Arding and Hobbs
(b) Yeats and Dale
(c) Jones and Jones
(d) Hadley and Green
2. What does Silas find on the quilt?
(a) A pencil
(b) A note book
(c) A record
(d) A toy car
3. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
(a) The people's suffering
(b) The spread of communism
(c) The end of the world
(d) The burning of the church
4. What is the name of the chief of police?
(a) Chief Davies
(b) Chief Burden
(c) Chief Rogets
(d) Chief Bruden
5. What does Ruth give the baby to play with?
(a) A wooden spoon
(b) A teddy bear
(c) A broken clock
(d) A doll
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah think she is lucky to have?
2. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
3. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
4. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
5. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Sue have with Booker in Chapter 24?
2. What do the white men do to Taylor while he lies in the car?
3. What is Johnny-Boy doing in Chapter 21?
4. What are Hadley and Green worried about in Chapter 18?
5. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
6. What does Taylor say about his past in Chapter 17?
7. What did Sue used to believe in?
8. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
9. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
10. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)