|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Big Boy and his friends go?
(a) A car park
(b) A swimming hole
(c) A drug store
(d) A park
2. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
3. What do the boys say Wright forgot to say?
(d) Thank you
4. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
5. What does the mob start a fire to heat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words to the boys make up?
2. Where does the boat take Mann?
3. What does Mann take with him for protection?
4. What happens to the black bell boy who was caught having sex with a white prostitute?
5. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
2. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
3. What does Big Boy think about while he waits in the hole?
4. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
5. What happens to Mann when the Heartfield family identifies him as the killer?
6. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
7. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
8. What work do the black men do at the cement plant?
9. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
10. What are Big Boy and his friends doing in this chapter?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)