|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to follow Lulu's body?
2. Who approaches them when the boys get out of the water?
(a) A police officer
(b) A soldier
(c) A white woman
3. What does Mann want Bob to buy?
(a) A bike
(b) A doctor
(c) A boat
(d) Fur jackets
4. Where does the boat take Mann?
(a) Heartfield's house
(b) A cement plant
(c) An optic factory
(d) A coal mine
5. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright's boss offer him in the back room?
2. What does Wright use to deliver the groceries?
3. What is wrong with Lulu?
4. What do the soldiers need men to do?
5. What kind of neighborhood does Wright deliver groceries to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job do the soldiers give Mann at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
3. What violence does Wright witness in the clothing store?
4. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
5. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
6. What does Wright say his mother taught him in the opening section?
7. Why do Wright's co-workers at the optical factory not like him?
8. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
9. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
10. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)