|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wright's role at the hotel?
2. What is Jim's job?
(a) An army officer
(b) A journalist
(c) A factory owner
(d) A writer
3. Where does Wright's boss take the black woman to beat her?
(a) The front of the store
(b) The back room
(c) The yard
(d) The kitchen
4. What kind of neighborhood does Wright deliver groceries to?
5. Who is the first member of the Heartfield family to recognize Mann?
(a) The girl
(b) The boy
(c) Mrs Heartfield
(d) Granny Heartfield
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to give Big Boy and Bobo a lift out of town?
2. How is Will related to Peters?
3. What does the soldier want back from Mann?
4. Where is Mann shot?
5. What kind of community does Wright live in in Mississippi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What violence does Wright witness in the clothing store?
2. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
3. Describe Wright's house.
4. Describe the encounter Wright has with some white boys when he gets a flat tire.
5. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
6. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
7. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
8. Why do Big Boy's friends not want to go to the swimming pool?
9. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
10. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)