|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one of the four boys who wants to go swimming?
(c) Big Boy
2. What is the name of the woman's fiance?
3. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
(a) His clothes
(b) Her hand in marriage
(c) Her watch
4. What does the mob paint Bobo with?
(c) White wash
5. What is Wright's role at the hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Wright's co-workers say Wright forgot to say?
2. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
3. What is Harvey known to do to trespassers?
4. What does Heartfield demand from Mann?
5. Why do the whites refer to the castrated bellboy as lucky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
2. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
3. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
4. What are Big Boy and his friends doing in this chapter?
5. How does Mann die?
6. How do Big Boy's parent react when Big Boy tells them he has shot a white man?
7. Describe the confrontation between Mann and Heartfield.
8. What happens to Wright when his boss tells him to deliver groceries to a white neighborhood after dark?
9. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
10. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)