|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Wright's boss take the black woman to beat her?
(a) The front of the store
(b) The back room
(c) The kitchen
(d) The yard
2. What is Wright's role at the hotel?
3. Where does the doctor suggest Mann take his family?
(b) The mountains
(d) The hills
4. What does Mann want Bob to buy?
(a) A doctor
(b) Fur jackets
(c) A bike
(d) A boat
5. Who is the main character in this chapter?
(d) Big Boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family the soldiers ask Mann to save?
2. What does Mann ask Bob to sell?
3. What does Wright say his yard lacked?
4. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
5. What is the name of the main character in this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Wright when his boss tells him to deliver groceries to a white neighborhood after dark?
2. How do Big Boy and Bobo get home after Big Boy shoots the army officer?
3. What does Pastor Dan Taylor think about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
5. How does the sheriff break Johnny's ear drum?
6. What did Sue used to believe in?
7. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
8. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
9. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
10. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)