|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
(a) The white man was a wimp
(b) He had no choice
(c) He is beautiful
(d) He has promised to marry her
2. Who is the only one of the four boys who wants to go swimming?
(a) Big Boy
3. Why do the boys make up words?
(a) To find rhymes
(b) To develop a new language
(c) To make jokes
(d) To confuse people
4. Where does Big Boy grab Bobo?
(a) His hand
(b) His leg
(c) His neck
(d) His hair
5. What causes the mob to go home?
(b) Gun shots
(d) The police
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys say Wright forgot to say?
2. What kind of animal does Big Boy see come out of the kiln?
3. What is Jim's job?
4. How is Will related to Peters?
5. What does Mann use to make a hole in the ceiling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
2. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
3. Describe the confrontation between the boys and the couple in Chapter 5.
4. What happens to a black bellboy who has sex with a white prostitute?
5. Describe the confrontation between Mann and Heartfield.
6. How do Big Boy's parent react when Big Boy tells them he has shot a white man?
7. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
8. What violence does Wright witness in the clothing store?
9. Describe the encounter Wright has with some white boys when he gets a flat tire.
10. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)