|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one of the four boys who wants to go swimming?
(b) Big Boy
2. Why do the boys make up words?
(a) To make jokes
(b) To develop a new language
(c) To find rhymes
(d) To confuse people
3. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
4. What is the name of the woman's fiance?
5. Where does the boat take Mann?
(a) A cement plant
(b) An optic factory
(c) Heartfield's house
(d) A coal mine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
2. What state does Wright move to in this chapter?
3. What is Wright's role at the hotel?
4. What is the matter with Wright's bicycle in this chapter?
5. Where do Big Boy and his friends go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brother Bond say has happened to the Communists?
2. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Silas enter the room in a good mood in this chapter?
4. What work do the black men do at the cement plant?
5. Why do Big Boy's friends not want to go to the swimming pool?
6. What does Wright say his mother taught him in the opening section?
7. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
8. How does Mann help the Heartfields in Chapter 12?
9. Describe the encounter Wright has with some white boys when he gets a flat tire.
10. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)