|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
2. What does Mann want Bob to buy?
(a) A doctor
(b) A boat
(c) Fur jackets
(d) A bike
3. What happens to the black bell boy who was caught having sex with a white prostitute?
(a) He was hanged
(b) He had his hands cut off
(c) He was castrated
(d) He was put in jail
4. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
5. Where does the police officer say Wright should not be after dark?
(b) In the woods
(c) A white neighborhood
(d) Far from home
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in this story?
2. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
3. Who do the boys make fun of in the water?
4. Who meets Mann in town?
5. Where does Wright's boss take the black woman to beat her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Big Boy's parent react when Big Boy tells them he has shot a white man?
2. Why do Big Boy's friends not want to go to the swimming pool?
3. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
4. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
5. What work do the black men do at the cement plant?
6. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
7. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
8. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
9. What happens to Mann when the Heartfield family identifies him as the killer?
10. Why do Wright's co-workers at the optical factory not like him?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)