|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Big Boy and Bobo try to avoid on the way home?
(a) The police
(b) Old Man Harvey
(c) Their parents
(d) White people
2. How is Will related to Peters?
3. What does Mann want Bob to buy?
(a) Fur jackets
(b) A bike
(c) A boat
(d) A doctor
4. Where does the doctor suggest Mann take his family?
(c) The mountains
(d) The hills
5. What is the name of the main character in this story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
2. Who is the first person Big Boys tells about what happened?
3. Which member of the Heartfield family answers Brinkley's call?
4. What drink do the boys offer Wright when he takes a ride in their car?
5. Who do the boys make fun of in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
2. Why do Big Boy's friends not want to go to the swimming pool?
3. What happens to Wright when his boss tells him to deliver groceries to a white neighborhood after dark?
4. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
5. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
6. What work do the black men do at the cement plant?
7. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
8. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
9. What does Bob say is the situation in town?
10. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)