|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the swimming hole?
2. What does Big Boy fantasize about killing?
(a) White women
(b) His family
(c) A pack of blood hounds
(d) A lynch mob
3. What stops Mann from killing the boy with the ax?
(a) The boy draws a gun
(b) Brinkley calls his name
(c) The house moves
(d) He hears soldiers
4. What does the mob paint Bobo with?
(b) White wash
5. What is wrong with Lulu?
(a) She is insane
(b) She is in labor
(c) She has cancer
(d) She has the flu
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Will related to Peters?
2. What city will Will take Big Boy and Bobo to in the morning?
3. Who is the first person Big Boys tells about what happened?
4. Who are the last people to leave on the boats?
5. What kind of animal does Big Boy see come out of the kiln?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wright's house.
2. Why do Big Boy's friends not want to go to the swimming pool?
3. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
4. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
5. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
6. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
7. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
8. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
9. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
10. How do Big Boy and Bobo get home after Big Boy shoots the army officer?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)