|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
(a) Pulls out a gun
2. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
(b) A sandwich
(d) A raincoat
3. What is the name of the woman's fiance?
4. What rank is the man that gives Mann an ax?
5. What does Big Boy hide in?
(a) A coal mine
(b) A rabbit hole
(c) A kiln
(d) A barrel
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the mob to go home?
2. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
3. What does Mann consider killing the Heartfield family with?
4. What is the name of the main character in this story?
5. Who pulls Wright over in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between the boys and the couple in Chapter 5.
2. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
3. What does Wright say his mother taught him in the opening section?
4. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
5. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
6. What work do the black men do at the cement plant?
7. What does Big Boy think about while he waits in the hole?
8. Describe the confrontation between Mann and Heartfield.
9. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
10. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)