|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
2. Why do the whites refer to the castrated bellboy as lucky?
(a) He was allowed to live
(b) He can't get in trouble with white girls again
(c) He had sex with a white girl
(d) He was given money
3. What is the name of the main character in this story?
4. What kind of community does Wright live in in Mississippi?
(a) Irish community
(b) Black community
(c) Mixed community
(d) Hispanic community
5. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
2. What does Wright see on the floor in the back room?
3. What does Mann want Bob to buy?
4. How does Big Boy kill the dog?
5. What drink do the boys offer Wright when he takes a ride in their car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mann think about when he raises his ax to kill the family?
2. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
3. What work do the black men do at the cement plant?
4. Why do Big Boy's friends not want to go to the swimming pool?
5. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
6. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
7. How does Mann help the Heartfields in Chapter 12?
8. What violence does Wright witness in the clothing store?
9. What happens to a black bellboy who has sex with a white prostitute?
10. What are Big Boy and his friends doing in this chapter?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)