|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
(b) Her hand in marriage
(c) His clothes
(d) Her watch
2. What phrase is Wright worried the white man in the elevator will find insulting if he said it?
(a) Morning has broken
(b) Thank you
(c) Top of the morning
(d) Good night
3. What do Lester, Buck and Bobo plan to do to Big Boy?
(a) Scare him
(b) Tickle him
(c) Knife him
(d) Pin him down
4. Where does the police officer say Wright should not be after dark?
(b) In the woods
(c) Far from home
(d) A white neighborhood
5. Where do Big Boy and his friends go?
(a) A park
(b) A swimming hole
(c) A drug store
(d) A car park
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brinkley have to ferry people away from?
2. Which member of the Heartfield family answers Brinkley's call?
3. What does Mann ask to use at the Heartfield's house?
4. What does Mann use to make a hole in the ceiling?
5. What does the mob start a fire to heat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to a black bellboy who has sex with a white prostitute?
2. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
3. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
4. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
5. How does Mann die?
6. How does Mann help the Heartfields in Chapter 12?
7. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
8. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
9. How do Big Boy and Bobo get home after Big Boy shoots the army officer?
10. What happens to Wright when his boss tells him to deliver groceries to a white neighborhood after dark?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)