|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wright's boss offer him in the back room?
(a) A dollar
(b) His hand
(c) A cigarette
(d) A book
2. What does the police officer demand Wright to do?
(c) Lie on the floor
(d) Tell a joke
3. What is Wright's job at the clothing store?
4. Which member of the Heartfield family answers Brinkley's call?
(a) The Heartfields' daughter
(b) Mr. Heartfield
(c) Mrs. Heartfield
(d) The Heartfields' son
5. What does Mann ask Bob to sell?
(a) His cart
(b) His donkey
(c) His boat
(d) His gun?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mann and Brinkley take the Heartfield family?
2. What kind of songs do the boys sing?
3. What does the soldier want back from Mann?
4. What does the mob start a fire to heat?
5. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
2. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
3. What does Bob say is the situation in town?
4. Describe the encounter Wright has with some white boys when he gets a flat tire.
5. How do Big Boy's parent react when Big Boy tells them he has shot a white man?
6. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
7. What work do the black men do at the cement plant?
8. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
9. What does Big Boy think about while he waits in the hole?
10. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)