|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wright see on the floor in the back room?
(b) A whip
2. What building does Mann think he crashes into?
(a) The boat house
(b) The Heartfield's house
(c) The town hall
(d) Tom's store
3. What kind of neighborhood does Wright deliver groceries to?
4. Where does Wright's boss take the black woman to beat her?
(a) The yard
(b) The front of the store
(c) The back room
(d) The kitchen
5. Who is going to give Big Boy and Bobo a lift out of town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mann shot?
2. What does Wright have to do when he sees a white man in the elevator?
3. What state does Wright move to in this chapter?
4. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
5. What causes the mob to go home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
2. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
3. What does Big Boy think about while he waits in the hole?
4. What happens to Mann when the Heartfield family identifies him as the killer?
5. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
6. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
7. What does Mann think about when he raises his ax to kill the family?
8. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
9. How do Big Boy's parent react when Big Boy tells them he has shot a white man?
10. What does Bob say is the situation in town?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)