|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brinkley have to ferry people away from?
(a) The coal mine
(b) The shopping mall
(c) The hospital
(d) The town hall
2. What does Big Boy hide in?
(a) A kiln
(b) A barrel
(c) A rabbit hole
(d) A coal mine
3. What stops Mann from killing the boy with the ax?
(a) He hears soldiers
(b) The house moves
(c) The boy draws a gun
(d) Brinkley calls his name
4. What does Big Boy fantasize about killing?
(a) His family
(b) A pack of blood hounds
(c) White women
(d) A lynch mob
5. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Wright's co workers accuse him of?
2. Who is the first person Big Boys tells about what happened?
3. What is the name of the woman's fiance?
4. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
5. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
2. What are Big Boy and his friends doing in this chapter?
3. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
4. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
5. Why do Wright's co-workers at the optical factory not like him?
6. How do Big Boy and Bobo get home after Big Boy shoots the army officer?
7. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
8. How does Mann die?
9. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
10. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)