|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
(a) A sandwich
(d) A raincoat
2. Who do the boys make fun of in the water?
(b) Big Boy
3. What city does Wright move to in this section?
4. Which of the following is not the name of one of Big Boy's friends?
5. What does Mann ask to use at the Heartfield's house?
(a) A car
(b) The radio
(c) A can opener
(d) The telephone
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who owns the swimming hole?
2. What does Mann ask Bob to sell?
3. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?
4. What kind of animal does Big Boy see come out of the kiln?
5. What did Wright's mother do when Wright told her about his injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to a black bellboy who has sex with a white prostitute?
2. What does Sue worry about in Chapter 22?
3. What does Taylor instruct his wife to do in Chapter 18?
4. Describe the confrontation between Mann and Heartfield.
5. What conflict does Sue have in Chapter 25?
6. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
7. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
8. How does Sarah stop her baby from crying in Chapter 14?
9. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
10. What does Wright say his mother taught him in the opening section?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)