|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did one of the bottles cut Wright?
(a) His back
(b) His neck
(c) His chin
(d) His lower leg
2. What do the soldiers need men to do?
(a) Hand out food
(b) Drive boats
(c) Carry cement bags
(d) Give speeches
3. Who is the first person Big Boys tells about what happened?
(a) His mother
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His sister
4. What kind of animal does Big Boy see come out of the kiln?
(a) A rat
(b) A snake
(c) A raccoon
(d) A frog
5. What does the police officer demand Wright to do?
(b) Tell a joke
(d) Lie on the floor
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Heartfield family answers Brinkley's call?
2. Who is the first member of the Heartfield family to recognize Mann?
3. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
4. Which of the following is not the name of one of Big Boy's friends?
5. What does Mann drink in the kitchen tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wright's house.
2. What does Bob say is the situation in town?
3. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
4. What happens to Wright when his boss tells him to deliver groceries to a white neighborhood after dark?
5. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
6. Why do Wright's co-workers at the optical factory not like him?
7. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
8. Why do Big Boy's friends not want to go to the swimming pool?
9. How do Big Boy and Bobo get home after Big Boy shoots the army officer?
10. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)