|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?
(a) He is given a payrise
(b) He is beaten
(c) He marries
(d) He is promoted
2. What do Wright's co workers accuse him of?
(c) Looking at white women
(d) Being above his station
3. Who does the stolen boat belong to?
(a) The Sheriff
(b) Mr. Brown
(c) Mr. Heartfield
(d) Mr. Formby
4. Who pulls Wright over in this chapter?
(a) His boss
(b) A group of white boys
(d) A police officer
5. What does Mann take with him for protection?
(a) His gun
(b) His knife
(c) His body armor
(d) His harpoon
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wright's yard filled with?
2. What does Wright say his yard lacked?
3. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
4. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
5. What is Harvey known to do to trespassers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mann help out at the hospital?
2. How does this chapter show the four teenage boys as innocent?
3. What happens to a black bellboy who has sex with a white prostitute?
4. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
5. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
6. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
7. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
8. What does Mann think about when he raises his ax to kill the family?
9. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
10. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)