|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
(a) A raincoat
(d) A sandwich
2. What city does Wright move to in this section?
3. What is the matter with Wright's bicycle in this chapter?
(a) The brakes don't work
(b) It has a buckled wheel
(c) It has a flat tire
(d) The frame snaps
4. What does Big Boy hide in?
(a) A coal mine
(b) A kiln
(c) A barrel
(d) A rabbit hole
5. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
(a) His clothes
(c) Her watch
(d) Her hand in marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
2. What does Mann consider killing the Heartfield family with?
3. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
4. What do Lester, Buck and Bobo plan to do to Big Boy?
5. Where do Big Boy and his friends go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bob say is the situation in town?
2. How does Mann die?
3. What happens to Mann when the Heartfield family identifies him as the killer?
4. What are Big Boy and his friends doing in this chapter?
5. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
6. How does Mann help the Heartfields in Chapter 12?
7. How do Wright's co-workers at the factory contrive to get rid of him?
8. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
9. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
10. What subjects can Wright not discuss with his white employees in Memphis?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)