|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white man force a black bellboy to do when the white man gets the girl pregnant?
(a) Pay for the abortion
(b) Kill the girl
(c) Marry her
(d) Educate her
2. What is Jim's job?
(a) A factory owner
(b) An army officer
(c) A journalist
(d) A writer
3. What is the name of the man who owns the swimming hole?
4. What is the matter with Wright's bicycle in this chapter?
(a) It has a flat tire
(b) It has a buckled wheel
(c) The brakes don't work
(d) The frame snaps
5. What rank is the man that gives Mann an ax?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright use to deliver the groceries?
2. Where do Mann and Brinkley take the Heartfield family?
3. Who plies their trade at the hotel Wright works at?
4. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
5. What do the soldiers need men to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mann when the Heartfield family identifies him as the killer?
2. How does Sue react to the white men in her kitchen?
3. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
4. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
5. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
6. How does Mann die?
7. Describe the confrontation between Silas and the white men in Chapter 16.
8. What idea does Sue have in Chapter 25?
9. What does Sue see when she first gains consciousness?
10. Describe the encounter Wright has with some white boys when he gets a flat tire.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)