|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the police officer say Wright should not be after dark?
(a) In the woods
(c) A white neighborhood
(d) Far from home
2. Who is the only one of the four boys who wants to go swimming?
(a) Big Boy
3. What do the soldiers need men to do?
(a) Give speeches
(b) Carry cement bags
(c) Drive boats
(d) Hand out food
4. How is Will related to Peters?
5. What does the colonel promise to pay Mann back for?
(a) His boat
(b) His car
(c) His clothes
(d) His house
Short Answer Questions
1. What building does Mann think he crashes into?
2. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
3. Who does the stolen boat belong to?
4. What city does Wright move to in this section?
5. What kind of neighborhood does Wright deliver groceries to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Big Boy and Bobo get home after Big Boy shoots the army officer?
2. How does Mann help the Heartfields in Chapter 12?
3. Describe the encounter Wright has with some white boys when he gets a flat tire.
4. Describe the confrontation between Mann and Heartfield.
5. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
6. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
7. What are Big Boy and his friends doing in this chapter?
8. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
9. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
10. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)