|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the police officer demand Wright to do?
(b) Tell a joke
(c) Lie on the floor
2. Who is the main character in this chapter?
(c) Big Boy
3. Which member of the Heartfield family answers Brinkley's call?
(a) Mr. Heartfield
(b) The Heartfields' son
(c) The Heartfields' daughter
(d) Mrs. Heartfield
4. What does the mob paint Bobo with?
(a) White wash
5. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
(c) Pulls out a gun
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Mann in town?
2. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?
3. What did Wright's mother do when Wright told her about his injury?
4. Who approaches them when the boys get out of the water?
5. Why do the boys make up words?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between the boys and the couple in Chapter 5.
2. What job do the soldiers give Mann at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What problems does Mann have a the beginning of the chapter?
4. Describe the confrontation between Wright and the night watchman.
5. How does Big Boy deal with the dog that finds him?
6. What violence does Wright witness in the clothing store?
7. What does Wright say his mother taught him in the opening section?
8. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
9. What happens to a black bellboy who has sex with a white prostitute?
10. Why does the white hospital staff laugh in this chapter?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)