|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the white children throw at Wright and his friends?
(b) Milk bottles
(d) Wine bottles
2. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
(a) He is beautiful
(b) He has promised to marry her
(c) The white man was a wimp
(d) He had no choice
3. How is Will related to Peters?
4. What does Wright use to deliver the groceries?
(a) His bike
(b) A truck
(c) A car
(d) A scooter
5. Who does Mann look for in this section?
(a) His boss
(b) Mrs. Heartfield
(c) His friends
(d) His family
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the colonel promise to pay Mann back for?
2. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?
3. Who does Mann kill in this section?
4. What is Harvey known to do to trespassers?
5. Where does the doctor suggest Mann take his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What violence does Wright witness in the clothing store?
2. What job do the soldiers give Mann at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Describe Wright's work as a bellboy.
4. What happens to Mann when he gets to town?
5. Describe the fight between Big Boy and Bobo.
6. Describe Wright's house.
7. How do people in the clothing store react to the black women being beaten?
8. How do the boys give the made up word "quall" meaning?
9. What are Big Boy and his friends doing in this chapter?
10. Describe the confrontation between the boys and the couple in Chapter 5.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)