|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
(a) A rabbit's foot
(d) A hug
2. Where does Taylor want Deacon Smith to wait?
(a) The basement
(b) The woods
(c) The Bible room
(d) The scaffold
3. What do the sheriff's men throw over Sue?
(a) Hot water
(c) Hot oil
4. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
5. What does Silas start throwing out of his house?
6. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
(a) Taylor's family
(b) Local government
(d) The army
7. What does Reva confirm to Sue?
(a) White people are evil
(b) Booker is an informer
(c) Johnny Boy is dead
(d) The end is nigh
8. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A white man
(b) A polar bear
(c) An unseen force
(d) A rabbit
9. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(b) The promised land
(d) The devil
10. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
11. Whose feet does Sue hear tramping through the yard?
(a) Johnny Boy's
12. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
13. Which of Taylor's guests will he talk to first?
(a) Hadley and Green
(b) The mayor
(c) Deacon Smith
14. Where did Sarah kiss Tom for the first time?
(a) Lover's Lane
(b) The cornfields
(c) The boat shed
(d) The hay barn
15. What is the name of Sue's son?
(a) Johnny Boy
(c) Big Boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
2. What kind of music does the salesman play on the graphophone?
3. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
4. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
5. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)