|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
(b) Rich and poor
(d) Law and order
2. What does Sue tell the Sheriff to do?
(a) Sit down
(b) Make her a coffee
(c) Have a biscuit
3. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
(a) In the hills
(b) On Highway 34
(c) In Reva's house
(d) By Foley's woods
4. What does the salesman try to sell to Sarah?
(a) A clock
(b) Kitchen pots
(c) A calendar
(d) A watch
5. Who visits Taylor in this section?
(a) Deacon Hotbath
(b) Brother Bonds
(c) Brother Davie
(d) Deacon Smith
6. Where does Sarah run to in this section?
(a) The mountains
(b) The desert
(c) The forest
(d) The hills
7. Which of Taylor's guests will he talk to first?
(a) Deacon Smith
(c) Hadley and Green
(d) The mayor
8. What do the sheriff's men throw over Sue?
(a) Hot oil
(d) Hot water
9. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
(b) Denounce God
(c) Hang himself
(d) Read passages from the Bible
10. What is the name of Sue's son?
(a) Big Boy
(b) Johnny Boy
11. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
(a) The hospital
(b) The town hall
(c) The hills
(d) The mountains
12. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
(a) Local government
(b) Taylor's family
(d) The army
13. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(a) The promised land
(c) The devil
14. Who does Johnny Boy go out to warn?
(b) The sheriff
(c) His brother
(d) His comrades
15. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
(a) He has no money
(b) He has left
(c) He is ill
(d) He wants to meet somewhere quieter
Short Answer Questions
1. What two belief systems does Sue say she is stuck between?
2. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
3. What does Sue think weakened her?
4. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
5. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)