|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ruth's baby?
2. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
3. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
(a) Who killed a white man
(b) Names of Communists
(c) If he robbed the bank
(d) If he has a gun
4. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(c) The promised land
5. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
(a) A hammer
(b) A rock
(c) A crow bar
(d) A brick
6. What does Sarah say she worries about?
(a) If dinner is good enough
(b) Reva's health
(c) Johnny's health
(d) The number of whites Johnny hires
7. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
(a) In Reva's house
(b) On Highway 34
(c) In the hills
(d) By Foley's woods
8. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A fallen tree
(b) A log
(c) A plank
(d) A box
9. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
(a) The people's suffering
(b) The spread of communism
(c) The burning of the church
(d) The end of the world
10. What does Chief Bruden greet Taylor as?
11. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A white man
(b) An unseen force
(c) A polar bear
(d) A rabbit
12. What does Sue plan to hide inside the sheet?
(a) A bible
(b) A harpoon
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
13. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
(a) Black muslims
(c) The Communists
(d) Black women
14. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
15. Why does Taylor not enter the white church?
(a) He is not allowed in
(b) He knows he will be killed
(c) He thinks they worship the devil
(d) He does not trust the preacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
2. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
3. Whose feet does Sue hear tramping through the yard?
4. What two belief systems does Sue say she is stuck between?
5. When does the salesman say he will come back?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)