|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(a) The promised land
2. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
(b) Read passages from the Bible
(c) Denounce God
(d) Hang himself
3. What does the mayor describe both himself and Taylor as?
(b) Old war horses
(c) Holy men
4. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(a) The devil
(c) The promised land
5. What is the name of the main character in this story?
6. What do the sheriff's men throw over Sue?
(a) Hot oil
(c) Hot water
7. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
(a) The study
(b) The livng room
(c) The kitchen
(d) The dining room
8. What does Johnny Boy have to do to live?
(a) Confess to robbery
(b) Confess to murder
(c) Denounce God
(d) Give names
9. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
(a) Jones and Jones
(b) Hadley and Green
(c) Arding and Hobbs
(d) Yeats and Dale
10. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
11. What does Sue think weakened her?
(a) Taking to Booker
(b) Having children
(c) Shouting at the sheriff
(d) Married life
12. What are Sue's last words?
(a) My son has pride
(b) You didn't get what you wanted
(c) Burn in hell
(d) Open your hearts
13. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
14. What does Sue hope that Booker is not?
(a) A Christian
(b) A rapist
(c) An informer
(d) A robber
15. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
(a) A brick
(b) A crow bar
(c) A rock
(d) A hammer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff say Sue will need to collect her son?
2. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Johnny?
3. What is the name of Sarah's husband?
4. Who is at Sue's door?
5. Where did Sarah kiss Tom for the first time?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)