|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue plan to hide inside the sheet?
(a) A gun
(b) A harpoon
(c) A knife
(d) A bible
2. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(a) The promised land
3. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
(a) Black women
(b) The Communists
(d) Black muslims
4. What is the name of the main character in this story?
5. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
(a) The mountains
(b) The hills
(c) The hospital
(d) The town hall
6. How does Sue try and help her two boys?
(a) Cooking them dinner
(b) Making sure they get enough sleep
(c) Keeping the house tidy
(d) By washing clothes
7. What does Sarah say she worries about?
(a) Reva's health
(b) Johnny's health
(c) The number of whites Johnny hires
(d) If dinner is good enough
8. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
(a) The burning of the church
(b) The spread of communism
(c) The end of the world
(d) The people's suffering
9. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) A sky scraper
(b) An airport beacon
(c) A lighthouse
(d) A tower
10. When does the salesman say he will come back?
(a) Next week
(b) Two weeks
(c) The next morning
(d) Next month
11. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
(a) Deacon Smith
(b) The major
(c) Brother Jones
(d) The sheriff
12. What does Silas find on the quilt?
(a) A toy car
(b) A note book
(c) A pencil
(d) A record
13. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
(a) Law and order
(d) Rich and poor
14. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
(a) A hammer
(b) A rock
(c) A crow bar
(d) A brick
15. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A plank
(b) A box
(c) A fallen tree
(d) A log
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
2. What party is Booker a member of?
3. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
4. What kind of music does the salesman play on the graphophone?
5. What does Reva confirm to Sue?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)