|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the chief of police?
(a) Chief Rogets
(b) Chief Burden
(c) Chief Bruden
(d) Chief Davies
2. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(d) The promised land
3. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A white man
(b) A rabbit
(c) An unseen force
(d) A polar bear
4. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(a) The devil
(c) The promised land
5. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
(a) The hospital
(b) The hills
(c) The mountains
(d) The town hall
6. What is the name of Sarah's husband?
7. What does Sue hope that Booker is not?
(a) A Christian
(b) A rapist
(c) A robber
(d) An informer
8. Who does Sue shoot through the sheet?
(d) The sheriff
9. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
(a) Names of Communists
(b) If he has a gun
(c) Who killed a white man
(d) If he robbed the bank
10. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
(a) Chief of Police
(b) Deacon Smith
(c) The sheriff
(d) The mayor
11. What is the name of the main character in this story?
12. What kind of music does the salesman play on the graphophone?
(a) Blues music
(b) Folk music
(c) Jazz music
(d) Hymn music
13. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
(d) No fun
14. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
(a) The army
(c) Local government
(d) Taylor's family
15. Where does Sarah run to in this section?
(a) The hills
(b) The forest
(c) The mountains
(d) The desert
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the salesman say he will come back?
2. What is the name of Sue's son?
3. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
4. What does Sarah dream she is being dragged into?
5. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)