|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
(a) The livng room
(b) The dining room
(c) The study
(d) The kitchen
2. What does Ruth give the baby to play with?
(a) A broken clock
(b) A wooden spoon
(c) A teddy bear
(d) A doll
3. What does Sarah say she worries about?
(a) The number of whites Johnny hires
(b) If dinner is good enough
(c) Johnny's health
(d) Reva's health
4. What does Chief Bruden greet Taylor as?
5. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A plank
(b) A box
(c) A log
(d) A fallen tree
6. Where did Sarah kiss Tom for the first time?
(a) The cornfields
(b) The hay barn
(c) Lover's Lane
(d) The boat shed
7. Whose feet does Sue hear tramping through the yard?
(c) Johnny Boy's
8. What does Sue hope that Booker is not?
(a) An informer
(b) A rapist
(c) A Christian
(d) A robber
9. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
10. What does Silas do with the graphophone?
(a) Plays it
(b) Kisses it
(c) Spits on it
(d) Breaks it
11. What does Sarah think she is lucky to have?
(a) A house and a hardworking husband
(b) A house away from the white folk
(c) A baby
(d) Enough money to eat
12. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
(a) The spread of communism
(b) The people's suffering
(c) The end of the world
(d) The burning of the church
13. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
(a) In Reva's house
(b) On Highway 34
(c) In the hills
(d) By Foley's woods
14. What does Sarah dream she is being dragged into?
(a) A car
(b) A hole
(c) A cage
(d) A cave
15. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
(a) The major
(b) Brother Jones
(c) The sheriff
(d) Deacon Smith
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
2. What does Silas find on the quilt?
3. What is the name of Taylor's son?
4. What has Silas gotten more of in this section?
5. Where does Sarah run to in this section?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)