|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
(a) If he robbed the bank
(b) Who killed a white man
(c) Names of Communists
(d) If he has a gun
2. Where does Taylor want Deacon Smith to wait?
(a) The basement
(b) The Bible room
(c) The scaffold
(d) The woods
3. Which of Taylor's guests will he talk to first?
(a) Deacon Smith
(b) The mayor
(d) Hadley and Green
4. What does the sheriff say Sue will need to collect her son?
(a) A bed
(b) A sheet
(c) A coffin
(d) A bag
5. Where is the mayor waiting for Taylor?
(a) The church parlor
(b) The bible room
(c) The study
(d) The kitchen
6. What does Sue think weakened her?
(a) Shouting at the sheriff
(b) Married life
(c) Taking to Booker
(d) Having children
7. When does the salesman say he will come back?
(a) Next month
(b) The next morning
(c) Next week
(d) Two weeks
8. Who does Johnny Boy go out to warn?
(a) His brother
(c) His comrades
(d) The sheriff
9. Who does Sue shoot through the sheet?
(d) The sheriff
10. Where does Sarah run to in this section?
(a) The hills
(b) The mountains
(c) The forest
(d) The desert
11. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
(a) A rock
(b) A brick
(c) A hammer
(d) A crow bar
12. What does Sue tell the Sheriff to do?
(a) Have a biscuit
(c) Make her a coffee
(d) Sit down
13. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
(a) Denounce God
(b) Hang himself
(d) Read passages from the Bible
14. What does Silas do with the graphophone?
(a) Spits on it
(b) Kisses it
(c) Plays it
(d) Breaks it
15. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mob light the house with?
2. What has Silas gotten more of in this section?
3. What is the name of Sue's son?
4. What does Johnny Boy have to do to live?
5. What does Sue hope that Booker is not?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)