|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Taylor think has always owned the whole world?
2. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
(a) Local government
(b) Taylor's family
(d) The army
3. Who does Johnny Boy go out to warn?
(a) His comrades
(c) His brother
(d) The sheriff
4. What does Sue hope that Booker is not?
(a) An informer
(b) A rapist
(c) A robber
(d) A Christian
5. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
(a) He is ill
(b) He has no money
(c) He wants to meet somewhere quieter
(d) He has left
6. What is the name of Sue's son?
(b) Johnny Boy
(c) Big Boy
7. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
8. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
9. Who does Taylor demand to talk to at the town hall?
(a) The mayor
(b) The sheriff
(c) Chief of Police
(d) Deacon Smith
10. What room does Booker carry Sue to?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The livng room
(c) The study
(d) The dining room
11. What does Silas do with the graphophone?
(a) Spits on it
(b) Breaks it
(c) Plays it
(d) Kisses it
12. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) How much money she has
(b) How she cooks her greens nicely
(c) Names of Communists
(d) Where Johnny Boy is
13. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(d) The promised land
14. What does Sarah say she worries about?
(a) If dinner is good enough
(b) The number of whites Johnny hires
(c) Johnny's health
(d) Reva's health
15. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Johnny?
(a) Blind him
(b) Kill him
(c) Rape him
(d) Cripple him
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the salesman say he will come back?
2. What is the name of Ruth's baby?
3. What does Sue plan to hide inside the sheet?
4. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
5. What does Johnny say he does believe in?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)