|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff say Sue will need to collect her son?
(a) A bed
(b) A bag
(c) A sheet
(d) A coffin
2. What does the mayor describe both himself and Taylor as?
(a) Holy men
(c) Old war horses
3. What does Silas find on the quilt?
(a) A toy car
(b) A record
(c) A note book
(d) A pencil
4. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
(a) The major
(b) Brother Jones
(c) The sheriff
(d) Deacon Smith
5. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
(a) Black women
(b) Black muslims
(c) The Communists
6. What does Sue think weakened her?
(a) Shouting at the sheriff
(b) Taking to Booker
(c) Having children
(d) Married life
7. What does Reva confirm to Sue?
(a) The end is nigh
(b) Booker is an informer
(c) Johnny Boy is dead
(d) White people are evil
8. What does Chief Bruden greet Taylor as?
9. What does the mob light the house with?
(a) Lighter fluid
10. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
(a) The taxidriver
(b) The salesman
(d) The sheriff
11. What does Sue remember the sheriff saying to get for her son?
(a) A bible
(b) A gog
(c) A gun
(d) A sheet
12. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) An airport beacon
(b) A tower
(c) A sky scraper
(d) A lighthouse
13. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
14. When does the salesman say he will come back?
(a) Next month
(b) Two weeks
(c) The next morning
(d) Next week
15. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
2. What two belief systems does Sue say she is stuck between?
3. Who is at Sue's door?
4. What does Sue plan to hide inside the sheet?
5. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)