|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silas find on the quilt?
(a) A record
(b) A note book
(c) A pencil
(d) A toy car
2. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) An airport beacon
(b) A sky scraper
(c) A tower
(d) A lighthouse
3. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
(a) By Foley's woods
(b) In Reva's house
(c) In the hills
(d) On Highway 34
4. What does the sheriff use to break Johnny's knee?
(a) A hammer
(b) A crow bar
(c) A rock
(d) A brick
5. What does Johnny Boy say he does not believe in?
(b) Black and white
6. What does the sheriff say Sue will need to collect her son?
(a) A coffin
(b) A bed
(c) A sheet
(d) A bag
7. What does Taylor accuse Smith of doing?
(a) Taking over the church
(b) Devil worship
(c) Calling him boy
(d) Abusing his position
8. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Johnny?
(a) Kill him
(b) Cripple him
(c) Rape him
(d) Blind him
9. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
(a) No fun
10. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
(b) The sheriff
(c) The salesman
(d) The taxidriver
11. What has Silas gotten more of in this section?
12. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
(c) A hug
(d) A rabbit's foot
13. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
14. What does the mob light the house with?
(c) Lighter fluid
15. Who visits Taylor in this section?
(a) Brother Davie
(b) Brother Bonds
(c) Deacon Smith
(d) Deacon Hotbath
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Taylor's guests will he talk to first?
2. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
3. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
4. What does Sarah say she worries about?
5. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)