|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) An airport beacon
(b) A tower
(c) A lighthouse
(d) A sky scraper
2. What party is Booker a member of?
(a) Republican party
(b) Communist party
(c) Green party
(d) Democrat party
3. What does Silas find on the quilt?
(a) A toy car
(b) A note book
(c) A record
(d) A pencil
4. What does Sue remember the sheriff saying to get for her son?
(a) A gog
(b) A bible
(c) A gun
(d) A sheet
5. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Johnny?
(a) Blind him
(b) Cripple him
(c) Rape him
(d) Kill him
6. Where does Taylor want Deacon Smith to wait?
(a) The Bible room
(b) The basement
(c) The scaffold
(d) The woods
7. How does Sue try and help her two boys?
(a) By washing clothes
(b) Making sure they get enough sleep
(c) Cooking them dinner
(d) Keeping the house tidy
8. What are Sue's last words?
(a) Burn in hell
(b) My son has pride
(c) You didn't get what you wanted
(d) Open your hearts
9. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(b) The promised land
10. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
11. What does the sheriff say Sue will need to collect her son?
(a) A coffin
(b) A bed
(c) A sheet
(d) A bag
12. What is the name of Sarah's husband?
13. What is the name of Ruth's baby?
14. What does Johnny Boy say he does not believe in?
(a) Black and white
15. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
(a) Hang himself
(b) Denounce God
(c) Read passages from the Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
2. Where do Taylor and his people march to?
3. What is the name of the chief of police?
4. What kind of music does the salesman play on the graphophone?
5. What does Chief Bruden greet Taylor as?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)