|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(a) The promised land
2. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A fallen tree
(b) A log
(c) A plank
(d) A box
3. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
(a) He wants to meet somewhere quieter
(b) He is ill
(c) He has left
(d) He has no money
4. Where is the mayor waiting for Taylor?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The church parlor
(c) The bible room
(d) The study
5. What does Sarah dream she is being dragged into?
(a) A car
(b) A hole
(c) A cave
(d) A cage
6. What is the name of the main character in this story?
7. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
(a) If he robbed the bank
(b) Who killed a white man
(c) If he has a gun
(d) Names of Communists
8. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
(a) The sheriff
(b) Deacon Smith
(c) The major
(d) Brother Jones
9. What does Sue say she now puts her faith in?
10. What is the name of the chief of police?
(a) Chief Davies
(b) Chief Bruden
(c) Chief Burden
(d) Chief Rogets
11. What does Sue tell the Sheriff to do?
(b) Sit down
(c) Have a biscuit
(d) Make her a coffee
12. Who does Taylor think has always owned the whole world?
13. What does Silas start throwing out of his house?
14. What two belief systems does Sue say she is stuck between?
(a) Capitalism and socailism
(b) Communism and facism
(c) Christianity and Judaism
(d) Communism and Christianity
15. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
(a) The burning of the church
(b) The people's suffering
(c) The spread of communism
(d) The end of the world
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
2. What has Silas gotten more of in this section?
3. When does the salesman say he will come back?
4. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
5. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)