|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue give her son before he leaves?
(b) A rabbit's foot
(d) A hug
2. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
(d) No fun
3. What do the sheriff's men throw over Sue?
(b) Hot oil
(c) Hot water
4. What does the sheriff threaten to do to Johnny?
(a) Rape him
(b) Blind him
(c) Cripple him
(d) Kill him
5. Who does Sarah think her husband will kill?
(a) The salesman
(b) The sheriff
(c) The taxidriver
6. What does Ruth give the baby to play with?
(a) A teddy bear
(b) A broken clock
(c) A wooden spoon
(d) A doll
7. What does Sarah say she worries about?
(a) The number of whites Johnny hires
(b) If dinner is good enough
(c) Reva's health
(d) Johnny's health
8. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
(a) A log
(b) A fallen tree
(c) A plank
(d) A box
9. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
(a) He is ill
(b) He has no money
(c) He has left
(d) He wants to meet somewhere quieter
10. What does Sue remember the sheriff saying to get for her son?
(a) A sheet
(b) A bible
(c) A gog
(d) A gun
11. What does Deacon Smith blame Taylor for?
(a) The people's suffering
(b) The burning of the church
(c) The spread of communism
(d) The end of the world
12. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
(a) Local government
(c) The army
(d) Taylor's family
13. What kind of music does the salesman play on the graphophone?
(a) Blues music
(b) Jazz music
(c) Hymn music
(d) Folk music
14. What is the name of Sarah's husband?
15. What two belief systems does Sue say she is stuck between?
(a) Capitalism and socailism
(b) Communism and facism
(c) Communism and Christianity
(d) Christianity and Judaism
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayor describe both himself and Taylor as?
2. Who is at Sue's door?
3. What does Silas do with the graphophone?
4. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
5. What does the mob light the house with?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)