|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) A white man
(b) An unseen force
(c) A rabbit
(d) A polar bear
2. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(a) The promised land
(c) The devil
3. Who does Taylor say wants to take over the church?
(a) Deacon Smith
(b) Brother Jones
(c) The major
(d) The sheriff
4. Where did Sarah kiss Tom for the first time?
(a) The cornfields
(b) The hay barn
(c) The boat shed
(d) Lover's Lane
5. What has Silas gotten more of in this section?
6. Who does Taylor think has always owned the whole world?
7. What information does the sheriff want from Johnny Boy?
(a) Who killed a white man
(b) If he has a gun
(c) If he robbed the bank
(d) Names of Communists
8. Who does Deacon Smith not want to associate with?
9. Where has the sheriff caught Johnny Boy?
(a) By Foley's woods
(b) In the hills
(c) In Reva's house
(d) On Highway 34
10. How does Sue try and help her two boys?
(a) By washing clothes
(b) Keeping the house tidy
(c) Making sure they get enough sleep
(d) Cooking them dinner
11. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
(a) Read passages from the Bible
(b) Hang himself
(c) Denounce God
12. What is the name of Taylor's son?
13. What is Sue doing when she hears a knock at the door?
14. Where does Taylor say he wants to lead his people?
(b) The promised land
15. What does Johnny Boy say he does not believe in?
(d) Black and white
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taylor tell his wife to tell the mayor?
2. What does Sarah dream she is being dragged into?
3. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
4. What does Silas find on the quilt?
5. Who does Smith suggest he will go to to stop the march?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)