|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the name of the two communists Taylor has to meet?
(a) Jones and Jones
(b) Arding and Hobbs
(c) Hadley and Green
(d) Yeats and Dale
2. What is dragging Sarah into the hole?
(a) An unseen force
(b) A rabbit
(c) A white man
(d) A polar bear
3. Which of his personal belongings did the salesman leave in the bedroom?
4. Where did Sarah kiss Tom for the first time?
(a) The boat shed
(b) Lover's Lane
(c) The cornfields
(d) The hay barn
5. What do the whites order Taylor to do after they whip him?
(a) Read passages from the Bible
(b) Denounce God
(c) Hang himself
6. What does the mayor describe both himself and Taylor as?
(c) Holy men
(d) Old war horses
7. Who does Bonds say the police have put in jail?
(a) The Communists
(b) Black muslims
(d) Black women
8. What does Johnny Boy say he does not believe in?
(a) Black and white
9. What does Reva confirm to Sue?
(a) Booker is an informer
(b) Johnny Boy is dead
(c) The end is nigh
(d) White people are evil
10. What does Silas find on the quilt?
(a) A pencil
(b) A toy car
(c) A note book
(d) A record
11. What does Taylor say he saw while he was being whipped?
(a) The promised land
(c) The devil
12. What is the only thing Sue can see in the distance?
(a) A sky scraper
(b) A tower
(c) An airport beacon
(d) A lighthouse
13. What does the mob light the house with?
(c) Lighter fluid
14. Where does Sarah run to in this section?
(a) The mountains
(b) The hills
(c) The desert
(d) The forest
15. What does Sue tell the Sheriff to do?
(a) Sit down
(b) Make her a coffee
(c) Have a biscuit
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sue see when she wakes up?
2. What does Johnny Boy have to do to live?
3. Where is the mayor waiting for Taylor?
4. What does the sheriff brace Johnny's knee on?
5. What does Smith accuse Smith of being?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)