|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Big Boy kill the dog?
(a) Stabs it
(b) Chokes it
(c) Shoots it
(d) Drowns it
2. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
(c) A raincoat
(d) A sandwich
3. What does the mob start a fire to heat?
4. What is the name of the family the soldiers ask Mann to save?
(a) The Smiths
(b) The Heartfields
(c) The Jamesons
(d) The Jacksons
5. What is Harvey known to do to trespassers?
(a) Hang them
(b) Shoot them
(c) Bury them alive
(d) Torture them
6. Who is going to give Big Boy and Bobo a lift out of town?
7. What is the matter with Wright's bicycle in this chapter?
(a) It has a flat tire
(b) The frame snaps
(c) It has a buckled wheel
(d) The brakes don't work
8. Why do the whites refer to the castrated bellboy as lucky?
(a) He was given money
(b) He can't get in trouble with white girls again
(c) He had sex with a white girl
(d) He was allowed to live
9. Who are the last people to leave on the boats?
(a) The soldiers
(d) Black men
10. Who approaches them when the boys get out of the water?
(a) A police officer
(c) A soldier
(d) A white woman
11. Where is Mann shot?
(a) In the kitchen tent
(b) In a cave
(c) On the riverbank
(d) In his boat
12. Where does the police officer say Wright should not be after dark?
(a) A white neighborhood
(b) Far from home
(c) In the woods
13. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
14. Who is the main character in this chapter?
(d) Big Boy
15. How is Will related to Peters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim's job?
2. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
3. What is wrong with Lulu?
4. Who does Mann ask to save him?
5. Who is the first person Big Boys tells about what happened?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)