|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of neighborhood does Wright deliver groceries to?
2. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
(b) Pulls out a gun
3. Where did one of the bottles cut Wright?
(a) His neck
(b) His chin
(c) His lower leg
(d) His back
4. What is the name of the family the soldiers ask Mann to save?
(a) The Heartfields
(b) The Smiths
(c) The Jacksons
(d) The Jamesons
5. What does Heartfield demand from Mann?
(a) Mann's wife
(b) His boat
(c) His clothes
(d) Mann's gun
6. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?
(a) He marries
(b) He is beaten
(c) He is given a payrise
(d) He is promoted
7. What do the soldiers take away from Mann?
(a) His pants
(b) His knife
(c) His shoes
(d) His gun
8. What is the name of the woman's fiance?
9. What drink do the boys offer Wright when he takes a ride in their car?
10. What stops Mann from killing the boy with the ax?
(a) Brinkley calls his name
(b) He hears soldiers
(c) The boy draws a gun
(d) The house moves
11. What do Wright's co workers accuse him of?
(a) Looking at white women
(b) Being above his station
12. Who is the first member of the Heartfield family to recognize Mann?
(a) Granny Heartfield
(b) The boy
(c) The girl
(d) Mrs Heartfield
13. What does Mann ask Bob to sell?
(a) His gun?
(b) His cart
(c) His donkey
(d) His boat
14. What is the name of the main character in this story?
15. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
(a) His clothes
(c) Her hand in marriage
(d) Her watch
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of factory does Wright work in?
2. Where do Mann and Brinkley take the Heartfield family?
3. What kind of songs do the boys sing?
4. What is the matter with Wright's bicycle in this chapter?
5. What does Mann want Bob to buy?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)