|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim's job?
(a) A factory owner
(b) An army officer
(c) A journalist
(d) A writer
2. Why do the whites refer to the castrated bellboy as lucky?
(a) He was allowed to live
(b) He can't get in trouble with white girls again
(c) He had sex with a white girl
(d) He was given money
3. Who does the stolen boat belong to?
(a) Mr. Heartfield
(b) Mr. Formby
(c) Mr. Brown
(d) The Sheriff
4. What does the mob start a fire to heat?
5. Which of the following is not the name of one of Big Boy's friends?
6. Which of the following subjects is Wright not allowed to talk about with his white employees?
(a) The Civil War
7. What did the white children throw at Wright and his friends?
(a) Milk bottles
(d) Wine bottles
8. Where does the boat take Mann?
(a) A cement plant
(b) A coal mine
(c) An optic factory
(d) Heartfield's house
9. What is Wright's job at the clothing store?
10. Who are the last people to leave on the boats?
(a) Black men
(c) The soldiers
11. What phrase is Wright worried the white man in the elevator will find insulting if he said it?
(a) Good night
(b) Morning has broken
(c) Top of the morning
(d) Thank you
12. Where did one of the bottles cut Wright?
(a) His back
(b) His chin
(c) His neck
(d) His lower leg
13. What do Lester, Buck and Bobo plan to do to Big Boy?
(a) Tickle him
(b) Pin him down
(c) Scare him
(d) Knife him
14. What is Wright's role at the hotel?
15. What is the matter with Wright's bicycle in this chapter?
(a) The frame snaps
(b) It has a buckled wheel
(c) The brakes don't work
(d) It has a flat tire
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of neighborhood does Wright deliver groceries to?
2. What does Mann drink in the kitchen tent?
3. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
4. How does Big Boy kill the dog?
5. Who is the first person Big Boys tells about what happened?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)