|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in this story?
2. Who tries to follow Lulu's body?
3. What does one of Wright's co-workers say Wright forgot to say?
4. Where does Brinkley have to ferry people away from?
(a) The town hall
(b) The shopping mall
(c) The coal mine
(d) The hospital
5. What does the colonel promise to pay Mann back for?
(a) His boat
(b) His house
(c) His clothes
(d) His car
6. Why do the whites refer to the castrated bellboy as lucky?
(a) He can't get in trouble with white girls again
(b) He was allowed to live
(c) He was given money
(d) He had sex with a white girl
7. Where does the doctor suggest Mann take his family?
(b) The mountains
(d) The hills
8. What city will Will take Big Boy and Bobo to in the morning?
(a) New York
9. Where do Mann and Brinkley take the Heartfield family?
(a) The hills
(b) The hospital
(c) The town hall
(d) The forest
10. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
11. What do the soldiers take away from Mann?
(a) His shoes
(b) His pants
(c) His knife
(d) His gun
12. What kind of songs do the boys sing?
13. What drink do the boys offer Wright when he takes a ride in their car?
14. What building does Mann think he crashes into?
(a) The Heartfield's house
(b) The boat house
(c) The town hall
(d) Tom's store
15. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the stolen boat belong to?
2. What does Heartfield demand from Mann?
3. What do Lester, Buck and Bobo plan to do to Big Boy?
4. What is Wright's role at the hotel?
5. Who is the first member of the Heartfield family to recognize Mann?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)