|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the white children throw at Wright and his friends?
(b) Milk bottles
(d) Wine bottles
2. What do the boys say Wright forgot to say?
(a) Thank you
3. What does the mob paint Bobo with?
(c) White wash
4. What is wrong with Lulu?
(a) She has cancer
(b) She is insane
(c) She has the flu
(d) She is in labor
5. What does Heartfield demand from Mann?
(a) Mann's wife
(b) His boat
(c) Mann's gun
(d) His clothes
6. What was Wright's yard filled with?
(c) Wood chips
7. Who meets Mann in town?
8. Who approaches them when the boys get out of the water?
(a) A police officer
(b) A soldier
(d) A white woman
9. Why do the whites refer to the castrated bellboy as lucky?
(a) He had sex with a white girl
(b) He was given money
(c) He can't get in trouble with white girls again
(d) He was allowed to live
10. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
(a) A raincoat
(b) A sandwich
11. Who hears the witnesses' statements in this chapter?
(a) The colonel
(b) The mayor
(c) The captain
(d) The general
12. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
13. Where does the boat take Mann?
(a) Heartfield's house
(b) A cement plant
(c) An optic factory
(d) A coal mine
14. What does Wright say his yard lacked?
(c) Plastic chairs
(d) A swing
15. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright use to deliver the groceries?
2. What does Mann use to make a hole in the ceiling?
3. Where does the police officer say Wright should not be after dark?
4. How does Big Boy kill the dog?
5. What does Big Boy hide in?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)