|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches them when the boys get out of the water?
(b) A white woman
(c) A soldier
(d) A police officer
2. What kind of community does Wright live in in Mississippi?
(a) Black community
(b) Mixed community
(c) Irish community
(d) Hispanic community
3. What kind of vehicle is the religious song about?
(a) A scooter
(b) A truck
(c) A car
(d) A train
4. Which member of the Heartfield family answers Brinkley's call?
(a) The Heartfields' son
(b) Mrs. Heartfield
(c) Mr. Heartfield
(d) The Heartfields' daughter
5. What does one of Wright's co-workers say Wright forgot to say?
6. Where do Big Boy and his friends go?
(a) A park
(b) A swimming hole
(c) A drug store
(d) A car park
7. What does Wright see on the floor in the back room?
(d) A whip
8. What kind of animal does Big Boy see come out of the kiln?
(a) A frog
(b) A raccoon
(c) A rat
(d) A snake
9. What drink do the boys offer Wright when he takes a ride in their car?
10. How does Big Boy kill the dog?
(a) Chokes it
(b) Drowns it
(c) Shoots it
(d) Stabs it
11. Which of the following subjects is Wright not allowed to talk about with his white employees?
(d) The Civil War
12. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
(c) Pulls out a gun
13. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
(b) A sandwich
(c) A raincoat
14. What is Wright's role at the hotel?
15. What do the soldiers need men to do?
(a) Carry cement bags
(b) Give speeches
(c) Drive boats
(d) Hand out food
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mann take with him for protection?
2. What does the colonel promise to pay Mann back for?
3. Who is the main character in this chapter?
4. What do Lester, Buck and Bobo plan to do to Big Boy?
5. What kind of factory does Wright work in?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)