|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Wright's boss take the black woman to beat her?
(a) The yard
(b) The front of the store
(c) The kitchen
(d) The back room
2. Where do Big Boy and his friends go?
(a) A park
(b) A drug store
(c) A car park
(d) A swimming hole
3. Who do the boys make fun of in the water?
(b) Big Boy
4. Who are the last people to leave on the boats?
(c) Black men
(d) The soldiers
5. Who meets Mann in town?
6. What does one of Wright's co-workers say Wright forgot to say?
7. What is the name of the main character in this story?
8. What does Heartfield demand from Mann?
(a) His boat
(b) Mann's gun
(c) His clothes
(d) Mann's wife
9. Who is going to give Big Boy and Bobo a lift out of town?
10. What do the soldiers need men to do?
(a) Hand out food
(b) Give speeches
(c) Carry cement bags
(d) Drive boats
11. Where does the police officer say Wright should not be after dark?
(a) A white neighborhood
(c) In the woods
(d) Far from home
12. What do the soldiers take away from Mann?
(a) His shoes
(b) His gun
(c) His pants
(d) His knife
13. What does the mob start a fire to heat?
14. Who plies their trade at the hotel Wright works at?
(c) White prostitutes
(d) Drug dealers
15. What does Mann ask to use at the Heartfield's house?
(a) A car
(b) The radio
(c) A can opener
(d) The telephone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mob paint Bobo with?
2. Who hears the witnesses' statements in this chapter?
3. What is Jim's job?
4. What religion is the man who lends Wright his library card?
5. What does Wright's boss offer him in the back room?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)