|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
(a) He has promised to marry her
(b) The white man was a wimp
(c) He had no choice
(d) He is beautiful
2. What does Mann drink in the kitchen tent?
3. What does the soldier want back from Mann?
(a) His boots
(b) His raingear
(c) His gun
(d) His sandwiches
4. What building does Mann think he crashes into?
(a) The town hall
(b) The Heartfield's house
(c) Tom's store
(d) The boat house
5. What kind of songs do the boys sing?
6. What is Wright's job at the clothing store?
7. What does Mann consider killing the Heartfield family with?
(a) A knife
(b) An ax
(c) A gun
(d) A harpoon
8. How is Will related to Peters?
9. What does Wright see on the floor in the back room?
(d) A whip
10. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
(b) Pulls out a gun
11. Who do Big Boy and Bobo try to avoid on the way home?
(a) White people
(b) Old Man Harvey
(c) The police
(d) Their parents
12. What does Wright have to do when he sees a white man in the elevator?
(a) Take off his hat
(b) Kiss his hand
(c) Offer a cigarette
13. Where did one of the bottles cut Wright?
(a) His chin
(b) His back
(c) His lower leg
(d) His neck
14. Where does Brinkley have to ferry people away from?
(a) The town hall
(b) The hospital
(c) The coal mine
(d) The shopping mall
15. What does Mann want Bob to buy?
(a) Fur jackets
(b) A boat
(c) A bike
(d) A doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright use to deliver the groceries?
2. What does Big Boy fantasize about killing?
3. Why do the whites refer to the castrated bellboy as lucky?
4. What is the name of the family the soldiers ask Mann to save?
5. What does Mann ask to use at the Heartfield's house?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)