|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Big Boy grab Bobo?
(a) His hair
(b) His hand
(c) His leg
(d) His neck
2. What did Wright's mother do when Wright told her about his injury?
(a) Beat him
(b) Called the police
(c) Hugged him
(d) Took him out of school
3. Who does Mann ask to save him?
4. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?
(a) He marries
(b) He is beaten
(c) He is given a payrise
(d) He is promoted
5. Who pulls Wright over in this chapter?
(a) A police officer
(b) A group of white boys
(d) His boss
6. Why do the boys make up words?
(a) To find rhymes
(b) To confuse people
(c) To develop a new language
(d) To make jokes
7. Where is Mann shot?
(a) On the riverbank
(b) In his boat
(c) In a cave
(d) In the kitchen tent
8. Where does the boat take Mann?
(a) Heartfield's house
(b) A coal mine
(c) An optic factory
(d) A cement plant
9. Who does Mann kill in this section?
(a) Mrs. Heartfield
(d) Mr. Heartfield
10. What does Mann use to make a hole in the ceiling?
(a) An ax
(b) A knife
(c) His hands
(d) A gun
11. What does Wright say his yard lacked?
(a) A swing
(b) Plastic chairs
12. Who plies their trade at the hotel Wright works at?
(c) White prostitutes
(d) Drug dealers
13. Who tries to follow Lulu's body?
14. What was Wright's yard filled with?
(c) Wood chips
15. What does Wright do to avoid saying thank you?
(a) Drops his packages
(b) Runs away
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
2. What takes Lulu to the hospital?
3. Where did one of the bottles cut Wright?
4. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
5. What kind of neighborhood does Wright deliver groceries to?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)