|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the soldiers not give Mann?
(a) A raincoat
(c) A sandwich
2. Where does Brinkley have to ferry people away from?
(a) The hospital
(b) The coal mine
(c) The shopping mall
(d) The town hall
3. What is the name of the man who owns the swimming hole?
4. What does Mann take with him for protection?
(a) His knife
(b) His body armor
(c) His gun
(d) His harpoon
5. What does Big Boy ask the woman for?
(b) His clothes
(c) Her hand in marriage
(d) Her watch
6. What does the soldier want back from Mann?
(a) His sandwiches
(b) His gun
(c) His raingear
(d) His boots
7. What building does Mann think he crashes into?
(a) The town hall
(b) Tom's store
(c) The Heartfield's house
(d) The boat house
8. What does Mann consider killing the Heartfield family with?
(a) A gun
(b) A harpoon
(c) An ax
(d) A knife
9. What is the name of the main character in this story?
10. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
(c) Pulls out a gun
11. Who plies their trade at the hotel Wright works at?
(a) White prostitutes
(b) Drug dealers
12. Who does Mann look for in this section?
(a) His friends
(b) His boss
(c) Mrs. Heartfield
(d) His family
13. What state does Wright move to in this chapter?
(b) New York
14. Who is the main character in this chapter?
(a) Big Boy
15. Where does the doctor suggest Mann take his family?
(a) The mountains
(b) The hills
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Wright's co-workers say Wright forgot to say?
2. Which of the following subjects is Wright not allowed to talk about with his white employees?
3. What does Wright use to deliver the groceries?
4. What does Mann drink in the kitchen tent?
5. Who does Mann ask to save him?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)