|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the mob to go home?
(a) The police
(b) Gun shots
2. What did Wright's mother do when Wright told her about his injury?
(a) Beat him
(b) Called the police
(c) Took him out of school
(d) Hugged him
3. Who is going to give Big Boy and Bobo a lift out of town?
4. Where does the police officer say Wright should not be after dark?
(a) A white neighborhood
(b) In the woods
(c) Far from home
5. Who is the only one of the four boys who wants to go swimming?
(b) Big Boy
6. What do the soldiers need men to do?
(a) Hand out food
(b) Give speeches
(c) Drive boats
(d) Carry cement bags
7. What did the white children throw at Wright and his friends?
(b) Milk bottles
(c) Wine bottles
8. Who approaches them when the boys get out of the water?
(a) A soldier
(b) A white woman
(d) A police officer
9. What is Harvey known to do to trespassers?
(a) Shoot them
(b) Hang them
(c) Bury them alive
(d) Torture them
10. What does Mann drink in the kitchen tent?
11. Who does Mann kill in this section?
(a) Mr. Heartfield
(b) Mrs. Heartfield
12. What kind of factory does Wright work in?
13. What does the woman do when Big Boy asks for his clothes?
(b) Pulls out a gun
14. What does Wright do to avoid saying thank you?
(a) Drops his packages
(b) Runs away
15. What do the black workers load the cement bags into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright's boss offer him in the back room?
2. What takes Lulu to the hospital?
3. Who is the first member of the Heartfield family to recognize Mann?
4. Where do Mann and Brinkley take the Heartfield family?
5. Which member of the Heartfield family answers Brinkley's call?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)