Short Answer Key
"The Ethics of Jim Crow," Part 1
1. What does Wright say his yard lacked?
2. What was Wright's yard filled with?
3. What did the white children throw at Wright and his friends?
4. Where did one of the bottles cut Wright?
5. What did Wright's mother do when Wright told her about his injury?
6. What state does Wright move to in this chapter?
7. What kind of community does Wright live in in Mississippi?
8. What kind of factory does Wright work in?
9. What does Wright tell his boss he has studied for two years?
10. What do Wright's co workers accuse him of?
Being above his station
11. What does one of Wright's co-workers say Wright forgot to say?
12. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?...
This section contains 1,974 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)