|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Down by the Riverside," Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Wright before he leaves his job?
(a) He is promoted
(b) He is given a payrise
(c) He marries
(d) He is beaten
2. How does Big Boy kill the dog?
(a) Stabs it
(b) Chokes it
(c) Drowns it
(d) Shoots it
3. Why do the boys make up words?
(a) To find rhymes
(b) To confuse people
(c) To make jokes
(d) To develop a new language
4. What kind of songs do the boys sing?
5. What does the mob paint Bobo with?
(c) White wash
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words to the boys make up?
2. Who approaches them when the boys get out of the water?
3. What is the name of the main character in this story?
4. Why does the black maid forgive Wright for not arguing with the white man?
5. What does Wright have to do when he sees a white man in the elevator?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)